Opinion "Russia-gate" Retrospective

The Russia Investigation/ Muller Report was

• Total voters
What a crock of shit. He point blank denied wanting any business in Russia, before the election, while in fact attempting to build a hotel there.

He's an idiot, that's been established.

So let me get your position straight. Trump, a man who builds hotels, who the left claim is broke, was going to get rich in exchange for being a Manchurian candidate, by building a hotel?

<TheDonald><TheDonald><TheDonald>

lol …….carry on bro.
I saw you quoted me, thought it might be the evidence behind your 4Chan theory?! I've been waiting, with baited breath!

Nope, just another dick tuck. Noted.

So let me get your position straight. Trump, a man who builds hotels, who the left claim is broke, was going to get rich in exchange for being a Manchurian candidate, by building a hotel?

Trump was compromised and unfit to be President. You must be joking if you don't think they had leverage over him.

You understand it. There's no reason to be deliberately obtuse. Everyone sees through it. It was a project Trump had been working on since the late 80's. It couldn't proceed without the approval of Vladimir Putin. Therefore, he's going to act obsequiously towards Vladimir Putin. He lied about it, because he knew it was wrong for someone running for POTUS to be in this position. He may very well have other financial interests outside of Trump Tower Moscow associated with Putin. For example, the Russian crime organization operating 3 floors below Trump's apartment in Trump Tower. Which the FBI raided and resulted in 30 people indicted? Or Dmitry Rybolovlev, the oligarch who paid Trump $95 million for a property that Trump bought for $50 million less, after the housing market collapsed? Here's what Trump's long-time personal lawyer had to say about it:

"The Russians bought the house from Trump for $95 million in 2008, an inflated price paid on the eve of the real estate collapse and global financial crisis, at the time the largest price ever paid for a private residence in the United States. Trump told me that the price hadn’t really been an issue. He explained that the Russians weren’t really spending their own money when they made their excessive purchases of European soccer teams and super yachts and Central Park South penthouses. The oligarchs could enjoy the assets, but always and forever at the pleasure of Vladimir Putin, the new tsar, and displeasing him meant risking their fortunes but also their lives. 'The oligarchs are just fronts for Putin,’ Trump told me. ‘He puts them into wealth to invest his money. That’s all they are doing – investing Putin’s money.’ Trump was convinced the real buyer of Maison de l’Amitie was Vladimir Putin."

Or we could just, once again, listen to Trump's own kids:

Eric Trump in 2014: Well, we don't rely on American banks. We have all the funding we need out of Russia.

Donald Trump Jr. in 2008: Russians make up a pretty disproportionate cross-section of a lot of our assets. ... We see a lot of money pouring in from Russia.

You understand it. There's no reason to be deliberately obtuse. Everyone sees through it. It was a project Trump had been working on since the late 80's. It couldn't proceed without the approval of Vladimir Putin. Therefore, he's going to act obsequiously towards Vladimir Putin. He lied about it, because he knew it was wrong for someone running for POTUS to be in this position. He may very well have other financial interests outside of Trump Tower Moscow associated with Putin. For example, the Russian crime organization operating 3 floors below Trump's apartment in Trump Tower. Which the FBI raided and resulted in 30 people indicted? Or Dmitry Rybolovlev, the oligarch who paid Trump $95 million for a property that Trump bought for $50 million less, after the housing market collapsed? Here's what Trump's long-time personal lawyer had to say about it:

"The Russians bought the house from Trump for $95 million in 2008, an inflated price paid on the eve of the real estate collapse and global financial crisis, at the time the largest price ever paid for a private residence in the United States. Trump told me that the price hadn’t really been an issue. He explained that the Russians weren’t really spending their own money when they made their excessive purchases of European soccer teams and super yachts and Central Park South penthouses. The oligarchs could enjoy the assets, but always and forever at the pleasure of Vladimir Putin, the new tsar, and displeasing him meant risking their fortunes but also their lives. 'The oligarchs are just fronts for Putin,’ Trump told me. ‘He puts them into wealth to invest his money. That’s all they are doing – investing Putin’s money.’ Trump was convinced the real buyer of Maison de l’Amitie was Vladimir Putin."

Eric Trump in 2014: Well, we don't rely on American banks. We have all the funding we need out of Russia.

Donald Trump Jr. in 2008: Russians make up a pretty disproportionate cross-section of a lot of our assets. ... We see a lot of money pouring in from Russia.

You have a ton to say about hotels. I'd like to hear you address the fbi falsifying evidence.

<BC1>

You just quoted a post of mine that says the Senate Intel report had 1000 pages of evidence, and responded with this? What conclusion am I supposed to draw about you as a poster from this? That you're arguing in good faith? Hmm?

Accuses people who believe it of being liberal partisans. When it's pointed out that Republicans also believe it, he whines about using the opinion of Republicans.

<WhatIsThis>

You have 1,000 pages of "evidence" yet the best piece of evidence you provided was a quote from an intel committee that says "we think he did it". Give me a solid piece of evidence, not an opinion from some people that you would otherwise have had no respect for.

I "accused" you of being a lefty. I have seen your other posts on this board. Am I to believe that you don't have predominantly left wing views? I'm not even saying that's a bad thing, but you can correct me if I'm wrong.

Oh wait, you're like a legit conspiracy theorist on this? You think Trump has been a Russian puppet since the 80's?

Nevermind, this isn't worth discussing with you. I'm sure that tape of orange man pissing on Obama's hotel bed is out there somewhere. You keep digging, my friend.

It's amusing, our hubris...

If one is tribal or dislikes Trump and/or is challenged by his ego then of course their perspective on any political decision or any story that comes out, etc, will be negative toward Trump.

If one likes Trump or the idea of what he represents to them or if they're tribal and despise anything presented by the opposing team then most decisions made by the man are justified.

Either way there's a lot of information we don't have. We have to admit that no matter which propaganda station we subscribe to...

The "Russia" stuff was obviously mostly a distraction and smear tactic at its essence, wasn't it?

Should the "news" smear and dissect every interaction former vice president Biden has with China and Russia and Elena Baturina... Yes, maybe even objectively...

<Dany07>

Any day now the tapes are gonna drop...
You're like a broken record bringing up irrelevant details. Every time Trump lied and the Russians could prove it they had leverage on him. LOL at your excuse being he's an idiot and you still want him as your President. {<diva}

Basically it was Clinton’s law team and msm lying for years to us all. All very embarrassing for the USA due to the left’s inability to not be insane

Oh wait, you're like a legit conspiracy theorist on this? You think Trump has been a Russian puppet since the 80's?

Nevermind, this isn't worth discussing with you. I'm sure that tape of orange man pissing on Obama's hotel bed is out there somewhere. You keep digging, my friend.
Yeah he is a crazy person and there literally isn’t anything to go off here. Just crazy CTers that are mad that nothing there were promised turned out

Basically it was Clinton’s law team and msm lying for years to us all. All very embarrassing for the USA due to the left’s inability to not be insane

Basically it was first an election tactic by Clinton but then after her loss it was a tactic to avoid blame and to avoid the opponents such people really fear gaining power, not the Republicans or Trump but rather the left within their own party, a way of avoiding any kind of self reflection by them or their supporters.

I think you can see it really set the ground for Trumps fraud conspiracies and I suspect will go down as one of the most dangerous political tactics of the last 20+ years.

Basically it was first an election tactic by Clinton but then after her loss it was a tactic to avoid blame and to avoid the opponents such people really fear gaining power, not the Republicans or Trump but rather the left within their own party, a way of avoiding any kind of self reflection by them or their supporters.

I think you can see it really set the ground for Trumps fraud conspiracies and I suspect will go down as one of the most dangerous political tactics of the last 20+ years.
I think to shows how corrupt lol it as are and that the media is in on it.
and yes this was incredibly damaging as really did a lot to make the left and right hate each other.

I think to shows how corrupt lol it as are and that the media is in on it.
and yes this was incredibly damaging as really did a lot to make the left and right hate each other.

Really I think it highlights just what nonsense the idea of the "reasonable center" is, in reality most partisan hatred is steered up by the establishment centre and the right.

Really I think it highlights just what nonsense the idea of the "reasonable center" is, in reality most partisan hatred is steered up by the establishment centre and the right.
I agree with that. Glenn Beck who is center right or was years ago, was a very hateful vile person. As was Rush. Name basically any mainstream leftist and it’s the same.
Only this time they went far too hard into their own schtick and started to believe it

I agree with that. Glenn Beck who is center right or was years ago, was a very hateful vile person. As was Rush. Name basically any mainstream leftist and it’s the same.
Only this time they went far too hard into their own schtick and started to believe it

Really I would say the issue is that "mainstream leftist" by your defintion would really be centralist, th establishment wings of both parties.

Its in there interests to focus on hatred and "cultural war" politics to disguise that actually there really not very far apart from each other politically.

Really I would say the issue is that "mainstream leftist" by your defintion would really be centralist, th establishment wings of both parties.

Its in there interests to focus on hatred and "cultural war" politics to disguise that actually there really not very far apart from each other politically.
I agree. I was just throwing examples out of people that are more worried about hating than doing anything
Dog and demons. Is a phenomenon where it’s easier and glamorous to find bad stuff and talk about it. Aka demons But it’s boring and mundane to deal with solutions. Aka dogs.
It’s fun to draw demons but an everyday animal like a dog is a chore and artists avoid them

I agree. I was just throwing examples out of people that are more worried about hating than doing anything
Dog and demons. Is a phenomenon where it’s easier and glamorous to find bad stuff and talk about it. Aka demons But it’s boring and mundane to deal with solutions. Aka dogs.
It’s fun to draw demons but an everyday animal like a dog is a chore and artists avoid them

A politics focused on hatred is much easier to sell whilst actually doing very little to change the status quo.

A politics focused on hatred is much easier to sell whilst actually doing very little to change the status quo.
Pretty much. They suck and let’s focus on that. Meanwhile I’m just collecting s paycheck and lobbyists now eh while doing F all

Back