Sabas Stock Pro series valcro 14 Oz

This article is like expertboxing shooting himself in the foot. He has a lot of content but here it seems half hearted and fast tracked for maximum clickbait. So he "reviewed" the Sabas a year ago based on not even owning a pair. What a tool does something like that! Then he has the audacity after realizing his "review" may have led to customers buying bad gloves:

"it was my responsibility to seek the truth."

Yeah that would have been a good start for any review. The hypocrisy is strong with this one.

I guess his intention really is a review but this is so bad and superficial. He orders ONE pair (I guess Supersoft) and uses that to determine all of Sabas have too soft padding (the three models are quite different). Same with bubbling. A picture from the internet and his "believe" no other brands have that (well no some do I had it with TopTen).

I wont go through the whole review but its a lot of "believing" and "thinking" without facts.

I dont doubt Sabas has quality control issues. Definitely and for that price at the moment I would rather go with UMA, Topboxer..etc or just put in the extracash for Winning,Everlast, Rival. But EB is a lot of words without much content and I am pretty sure he hasnt put in much time with the gloves training if any at all. So regarding EBs credibility in reviewing gear imo he has none.
Yep, those are definitely all very good points you bring up. I was mainly interested, however, on his take that the gloves are made in Pakistan and not Mexico.

I think there is a law in the USA that both, the product and the package, have to clearly state the origin of the goods. Otherwise they can't be distributed.

It's law in new Zealand to label country of origin. But when buying online it's hard to police these rules. The law does include websites etc but I don't think anyone would check unless there were multiple complaints

https://www.flexport.com/help/207-country-of-origin-labeling-requirements

The country of origin is necessary for many reasons, one of which is to make obvious whether a good can be legally imported and ensuring that products clear customs as efficiently as possible. In addition, it provides the US with statistics on imported goods, which is useful for future analysis on the country's economic market. Customs regulations state that every foreign product entering the US must be labeled, in English, with the country of origin. This marking must be:
  1. Clearly and visibly located on the product, and
  2. Written legibly and permanently.

There is more in the article, but that quote essentially sums it up

I think there is a law in the USA that both, the product and the package, have to clearly state the origin of the goods. Otherwise they can't be distributed.
I have ordered Sabas gloves and there is nothing on the box, in the packaging, or attached to the gloves that indicates what country they were manufactured in. Unless maybe there is a tag way up inside the gloves that you can’t see. I’m not saying it’s not a law though...but I’m sure it’s hard to enforce, especially with small companies like Sabas.

I have ordered Sabas gloves and there is nothing on the box, in the packaging, or attached to the gloves that indicates what country they were manufactured in. Unless maybe there is a tag way up inside the gloves that you can’t see. I’m not saying it’s not a law though...but I’m sure it’s hard to enforce, especially with small companies like Sabas.
It’s for customs, but just like anything that people can buy illicitly online, things get passed customs all the time.

453EBEAB-405A-4B16-AFB8-BAB86687EC62.jpeg B6E444F4-4BB3-412C-812B-9B3722B92D92.jpeg 402CB2B8-D457-4E29-98EA-4883CB57C083.jpeg Picked up a pair of 16 oz Sabas stock Velcro gloves yesterday - new version with leather piping instead of vinyl. Thought I had picked Super Softs but guy told me they are the new versions of the Pro Series (thought Pro Series had the split thumbs?).
They fit like SS’s I’ve tried on before - snug fit and comfortable thumb. (didn’t like how the split thumb felt on the Pro Series as my thumb was at the very end)
As for the gloves themselves, they look good with clean stitching. Leather is nice and they have a label stating “HECHO EN MEXICO”. (I will check the old stock for labels next time I’m in the shop)
I compared them to existing Pro Series and SS’s in the store - padding is a bit softer than the vinyl Pro Series but denser than the older SS’s.
They appear to be good quality but I’ve never owned any Sabas gloves previously to compare them to. I have gloves made in Thailand and a pair made in Pakistan. The leather feels similar to the Thai gloves with the Pakistan gloves feeling thinner but I can’t say which is the better leather.
I’m not a glove reviewer but I will let you know how they hold up after a few months. I’m hoping they’ve addressed some of the quality control issues noted in the past.
2018-12-04: Confirmed as new version Super Softs.

Last edited:
I am thinking about writing a review of my two Sabas, but I am not sure how to go about it given than I had two VERY different experiences with each one. My first pair was a 12oz Pro Series. I got them 16 months ago and that pair has been my main one for bag and pad work. Amazing feedback, fit well with my long fingers, very broken in, the stitching has held up beautifully so far... I enjoyed that pair so much I ordered a second 14oz Pro Series pair after 2 months...And man it was disappointing. It is hard to explain, but the new gloves just felt cheap. The gloves just felt much stiffer, as did the padding. It wasn't like a Cleto Reyes stiff, it just felt like cheap materials were used, even the inner lining felt different and rougher. I emailed Sabas about it and they simply said that the padding was different out of the box between 12oz and the 14oz, and that I should give it a time to break in. I tried to give it a chances at the cost of my fingers being demolished, and it hasn't gotten much better to be honest. I am waiting to see how @Nonducor feels about that new pair. I am thinking about getting a new 12oz pair (Never anything above that based on my experience), but I am not sure about risking getting another pair of low quality gloves, specially after the recent quality control issues people have been talking about.

I am thinking about writing a review of my two Sabas, but I am not sure how to go about it given than I had two VERY different experiences with each one. My first pair was a 12oz Pro Series. I got them 16 months ago and that pair has been my main one for bag and pad work. Amazing feedback, fit well with my long fingers, very broken in, the stitching has held up beautifully so far... I enjoyed that pair so much I ordered a second 14oz Pro Series pair after 2 months...And man it was disappointing. It is hard to explain, but the new gloves just felt cheap. The gloves just felt much stiffer, as did the padding. It wasn't like a Cleto Reyes stiff, it just felt like cheap materials were used, even the inner lining felt different and rougher. I emailed Sabas about it and they simply said that the padding was different out of the box between 12oz and the 14oz, and that I should give it a time to break in. I tried to give it a chances at the cost of my fingers being demolished, and it hasn't gotten much better to be honest. I am waiting to see how @Nonducor feels about that new pair. I am thinking about getting a new 12oz pair (Never anything above that based on my experience), but I am not sure about risking getting another pair of low quality gloves, specially after the recent quality control issues people have been talking about.
I will let you know.
It’s very early in using them but I don’t like the satin liner. It bunches up in the finger and knuckle area - feels like there is loose material and/or too much of it. Other than that, they are fine. Very snug and initially too tight with hand wraps but better now.

Side note - checked the other Sabas gloves in the shop and all have a “Hecho en Mexico” label inside though they’ve only been a Sabas supplier for the past year.

I just bought Sabas proseries 16oz velcro. Wanted to write a review but i don't have enough privilege to create a thread.

Post your review here please.
Will do. I'm not an english native speaker, will take some time to write a good review in english. Meanwhile i will try the gloves at the gym first. They have just arrived yesterday.

Will do. I'm not an english native speaker, will take some time to write a good review in english. Meanwhile i will try the gloves at the gym first. They have just arrived yesterday.

At the risk of reviving this thread, is there any update? How have they held up? I'm considering a pair of 14oz Pro Series in velcro but am concerned about where they're nade and durability issues. Were yours made in Mexico? How are they holding up?

At the risk of reviving this thread, is there any update? How have they held up? I'm considering a pair of 14oz Pro Series in velcro but am concerned about where they're nade and durability issues. Were yours made in Mexico? How are they holding up?
Yes they are hecho en mexico, they are also holding up very well, no lose stitching whatsoever. I used the pro series 3 times a week. The craftsmanship is really good, very mexican. They, without a doubt, are very durable.
I also bought supersoft 16oz which are very soft, good for sparring.
For heavy bag and controlled sparring, i use pro series. For heavy sparring i use supersoft.
One thing that probably i dont like is, i could feel the tips of my thumbs went through the thin padding when hitting mits or when my punch was blocked. Not a big deal, but there's a room for improvement. If you have unusual long thumbs, i don't recommend these gloves. this applies to both proseries and supersoft.
This doesn't happen to my RB11 and RS11V, very comfortable compartment and thumb, but craftsmanship is better on Sabas.

Pics were taken using a phone

images google co id

Last edited:
Yes they are hecho en mexico, they are also holding up very well, no lose stitching whatsoever. I used the pro series 3 times a week. The craftsmanship is really good, very mexican. They, without a doubt, are very durable.
For heavy bag and controlled sparring, i use pro series. For heavy sparring i use supersoft.
One thing that probably i dont like is, i can feel the tips of my thumbs went through the thin padding when hitting mits or when my punch was blocked. Not a big deal, but there's a room for improvement. this applies to both proseries and supersoft.
what makes you say they're hecho en mexico?

the pro series and super soft aren't made in mexico

One thing that probably i dont like is, i could feel the tips of my thumbs went through the thin padding when hitting mits or when my punch was blocked. Not a big deal, but there's a room for improvement. If you have unusual long thumbs, i don't recommend these gloves. this applies to both proseries and supersoft.
This doesn't happen to my RB11 and RS11V, very comfortable compartment and thumb, but craftsmanship is better on Sabas.

Pics were taken using a phone

images google co id

Thanks! How do the gloves feel generally in terms of padding, wrist support etc?

For the benefit of the thread, Sabas have messaged me to say that their gloves are made in Mexico and that the reason there were bubbles is because they used a different method of filling the foam than they do now, so now there is no such problem.

Honestly, I think I might order a pair (or two). They seem great if this is really true.

Thanks! How do the gloves feel generally in terms of padding, wrist support etc?

For the benefit of the thread, Sabas have messaged me to say that their gloves are made in Mexico and that the reason there were bubbles is because they used a different method of filling the foam than they do now, so now there is no such problem.

Honestly, I think I might order a pair (or two). They seem great if this is really true.
it's 100% that at least some of their gloves are made in Pakistan

Back