Samy Sana v Dzhabar Askerov, Majority Decision, WTF ??

Dessyboy

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
How in blue hell could any judge give that to Askerov ? and i'm a fan of his

*edit* Majority decision means 2 judges gave it to Sana and 1 called it a draw. Otherwise it's called a split decision.

Last edited:
you sure, isn't that an unanimous decisiion ?

A majority decision (MD) is a winning criterion in several full-contact combat sports, such as boxing, kickboxing, Muay Thai, mixed martial arts and others sports involving striking. In a majority decision, two of the three judges agree on which fighter won the match, while the third judge indicates that neither fighter won (i.e., a "draw").[1]

The majority decision is frequently confused with the term split decision, but they are not the same. A split decision occurs when two judges pick the same fighter as the winner, while the third judge decides that the opposite fighter won. On very rare occasions, two judges vote for a draw while the third chooses a winner—this is a majority draw.

Ya that was weird. Maybe they had 5 judges, 1/5 judges being incompetent is common. Then again 1/3 is not exactly rare either.

you sure, isn't that an unanimous decisiion ?

A majority decision (MD) is a winning criterion in several full-contact combat sports, such as boxing, kickboxing, Muay Thai, mixed martial arts and others sports involving striking. In a majority decision, two of the three judges agree on which fighter won the match, while the third judge indicates that neither fighter won (i.e., a "draw").[1]

The majority decision is frequently confused with the term split decision, but they are not the same. A split decision occurs when two judges pick the same fighter as the winner, while the third judge decides that the opposite fighter won. On very rare occasions, two judges vote for a draw while the third chooses a winner—this is a majority draw.

Fair enough, so it's 2 judges gave it to Sana and 1 gave it a draw. Still no one gave it to Askerov.

But giving it a draw means the judge probably gave a 10-8 round to Sana for the knockdown and then the other 2 rounds to Askerov. That judge probably spent the entire fight on Tinder.

one does not let the officials score a fight a draw. they must choose a winner.

They really need to start saying who the officials are and what they actually scored the fight but I'm pretty sure onefc likes it kept secret as it is much easier to change afterwards when no one knows the particulars. It is the same thing with their weigh ins and drug testing. Some how smokin Joe failed to make weight and failed the hydration test at official weigh in but then magically fights the next day and one claims he lost more weight and got more hydrated at the same time which is impossible.. Also you have guys like Samy sana who has not fought at 70k in years in organizations that "allow" weight cutting but you have one fc claiming weight cutting is not allowed so that is another lie on their part

Last edited:
Back