Social San Francisco Will Pay People Not To Shoot Other Citizens

San francisco will roll out a program in October paying 10 people $300 a month not to shoot anyone.

The city’s Dream Keeper Fellowship is launching an effort to partner 10 individuals likely to commit or be victims of area shootings with coaches and make them “community ambassadors” with monthly compensation, executive director of the Human Rights Commission Sheryl Davis told Newsweek.

What we are talking about is saying we are going to invest resources in this 25-year-old who has eight previous arrests, who is on parole, who is a proud member of a neighborhood clique and who is not even seeking services,” David Muhammad, National Institute for Criminal Justice Reform’s executive director, told the Examiner.

The 10 participants could ramp up to 30 and maybe even 200 to 300 by the end of the year, according to the Examiner.

It’s not necessarily as cut and dry as folks may think. It’s not as transactional as, ‘Here’s a few dollars so that you don’t do something bad,’ but it really is about how you help us improve public safety in the neighborhood,” Davis told Newsweek

As you become better, your community benefits from that,” Davis continued.

The life coaches come from San Francisco’s Street Violence Intervention Program, according to Newsweek. Participants will reportedly have a chance to earn an additional $200 each month for efforts at community improvement including work, school attendance and mediation of potentially violent situations.

Officials in San Francisco vowed to cut the police’s budget by $120 million over the next two years. San Francisco has experienced a significant uptick in crime in 2021, with a 22% larceny increase, 52% burglary upsurge, 40% arson growth and 37% uptick in vehicle thefts according to crime data.

<TheWire1>
Lol thoughts ??

Sounds akin to employing former gang members or gang members who want to turn a new leaf to influence others in their community to not go down the same path of bad decisions.

"As a part of their participation they are expected to do some conversations around public safety, to do some goal setting for themselves, to also think about how they can influence and impact their communities to be better," said Davis.

https://abc7news.com/san-francisco-dream-keeper-fellowship-crime-prevention-reducing/10991396/

Is this strictly a BIPOC crime thing, or can the Zodiac copycats and the white/asian incels get in on this too?

I really want to know more about these ten participants.

Can I get tree hunnit? I’ve been not shooting anyone for a long ass time.

If the motive for murder is money then $300 a month seems like it's hardly enough.

How in the fuck would they know if T-Dawg shot someone? Abide by the Honor system?

If you're growing up without hope, becoming a gangster in San Francisco sounds pretty attractive. It's a dangerous life, but it comes with free room and board with your mates followed now by a pension plan.
Very nice to see non-conventional career paths being legitimised.

:rolleyes:

So if they don’t get 300 bucks they go to jail for attempted murder? I’m confused by this one

Wow a blue city and a blue mayor... So shocked .. Next don't shit in the streets payments.

What a joke! How about train and employ the ten people in decent jobs? Get them and apartment out of the hood. Invest in these people instead of paying them shit to not shoot or be shot. And the people they are likely paying are not the honest types. That money will likely go to drugs to sell is my guess and turn it into 3000.

What fucking world are Californians living in, like?

This feels like something from a sitcom / mockumentary. Is this real life? So fucking glad I don't live there.

theres already pretty strong incentive to not shooting people, you know prison etc.. But yeah 300$ a month will be what gets it done lol

I wonder if this will have an effect on their $20000 trashcan budget?

And I'm over here not shooting people for free? Fuck me

Back