Sandbag workout program

Ideas on stuffing a bag bigger, need more fill on the inside. Have a 220 # bag and not sure if it was intended for rubber fill but it's too loose with sand. The weight is spot on, filled it on a scale. Issue is the thing is like an hour glass and the sand moves too much while carrying it. It will start draining to the bottom while you're holding it so it slides the entire time.

Can you take some sand out and stuff it with cloth to make it fatter? Might shove a small pillow in it.

Haven't touched this in a while but decided for the heck of it and time constraints to try the 60 reps in 10 minutes with 120lbs. Got a little hairy towards the end and I'm drenched in sweat but it wasn't as bad as I thought. Kettlebell marathons gotta be paying off.

I was messing around with sandbag over shoulders with light weight, around 95lbs. Figured out real quick, if you're not explosive when doing those, you're gonna be in for a bad time. Half assed is not the way.

Ideas on stuffing a bag bigger, need more fill on the inside.
Can you take some sand out and stuff it with cloth to make it fatter? Might shove a small pillow in it.

Lots of good suggestions on here. Ended up getting bags of rubber mulch, pouring some sand out and stuffing the bag like a fat tick, then pouring sand back in until you reach weight.

Ideas on stuffing a bag bigger, need more fill on the inside. Have a 220 # bag and not sure if it was intended for rubber fill but it's too loose with sand.
Redo part 2 on this bag. It's floppy slop made it not worth the hassle of using. Determined to fix it. Another Alsruhe tip tried to use. Slam the bag on it's side and pack everything down, grab the loose skin and spin it until it's choked tight. Then zip tie and tape the knot. Worked great, bag is finally solid and able to use it.... for 2 drops. Hit the ground and blew the tape knot off , back to a sack of shit. Tomorrow we're going to gorilla tape the entire thing around and around.

Redo part 2 on this bag. It's floppy slop made it not worth the hassle of using. Determined to fix it. Another Alsruhe tip tried to use. Slam the bag on it's side and pack everything down, grab the loose skin and spin it until it's choked tight. Then zip tie and tape the knot. Worked great, bag is finally solid and able to use it.... for 2 drops. Hit the ground and blew the tape knot off , back to a sack of shit. Tomorrow we're going to gorilla tape the entire thing around and around.
Isn't that part of the challenge tho?

Packed tight is the way to go.
Loose fit can actually be easier for shouldering.
Zip ties and gorilla tape should work just be careful on your drops. Put them down slowly.

I've got my 200 nice and tight now. Aiming for 10 reps of shouldering in a minute. I think that's a tough but doable goal.

Zip ties and gorilla tape should work just be careful on your drops. Put them down slowly.

I've got my 200 nice and tight now. Aiming for 10 reps of shouldering in a minute. I think that's a tough but doable goal.
<30>You're a beast

As the learning curve goes, the heavier the bag the tighter it needs to be. Can toss the 150 with some slack in it. The 200 is filled like a tick so it does great on body weight training , 220 was slush and made pick ups entirely too much lap fighting to be productive. Was tired just fighting to get it in place before going up with it.

Dropping it from height was kinda unavoidable after it went over the yoke. Best of luck hitting that 10 ... in any 1 session no matter the time it takes. Big movements take big oxygen.

As the learning curve goes, the heavier the bag the tighter it needs to be. Can toss the 150 with some slack in it. The 200 is filled like a tick so it does great on body weight training , 220 was slush and made pick ups entirely too much lap fighting to be productive. Was tired just fighting to get it in place before going up with it.

Dropping it from height was kinda unavoidable after it went over the yoke. Best of luck hitting that 10 ... in any 1 session no matter the time it takes. Big movements take big oxygen.
Yeah anything that changes shape as you're lifting it is difficult to lap but easy to shoulder

Wasn't finished thinking what you said.
Shouldering as in mount and drop, or over the shoulder throw?
That's 2 different monsters to finish in 1 min

Wasn't finished thinking what you said.
Shouldering as in mount and drop, or over the shoulder throw?
That's 2 different monsters to finish in 1 min
I do up to my shoulder and then back down in front of me.

I was tossing the 220# fairly easily today. Might take some from the 300lbs bag so I can have a 240lbs and 280lbs.

I was tossing the 220# fairly easily today. Might take some from the 300lbs bag so I can have a 240lbs and 280lbs.
Good lat and ham burn, lean over the bag and roll it backwards towards you across the room.

Back