Sangtiennoi Sor.Rungroj passes away age 54

A day with Sangtiennoi

Sad how many people didn't know of him. A true legend of muay thai. His fights with Ramon Dekkers were legendary. Great coach too trained JWP among many other kb/mt/mma champs. Couldn't believe it

RIP , New to the Muay Thai world. But My Instructor has been sad about this and was teaching use techniques from him.

That is so sad man...condolences for the family. R.I.P legend.

More about his passing and a GoFundMe to help his wife with funeral expenses

it was suicide, i have the crime scene photo but i am hesitating on posting it on my IG or on here. he was basically sitting in a chair and had a pistol.

hippy singmanee spoke with sangtiennoi the day before and said he didn't feel like he was in such a mental state. during their call, they were reminiscing and joking around. but word is that sangtiennoi was depressed over the passing of his trainer just the day before.

sangtiennoi's wife was planning manoch's funeral and now also has to plan her late husband's. i saw that bryan popejoy has started a gofundme to collect to help out with funeral costs if anyone is interested in donating.

My favourite Muay Thai fighter, R.I.P.

Great fights with Sonny Bill and Ramon Dekkers.

Damn I remember this dude from his battles with Dekker back when.

He had a tough loss to other Turkish/Dutch fighter Amir Bourzidi I think it was.

Took his own life, damn that is rough, especially for an athlete who was at the top of the game for so long, you'd imagine such a healthy body would = a healthy mind.

Wonder was it CTE related in any way.

Damn I remember this dude from his battles with Dekker back when.

He had a tough loss to other Turkish/Dutch fighter Amir Bourzidi I think it was.

Took his own life, damn that is rough, especially for an athlete who was at the top of the game for so long, you'd imagine such a healthy body would = a healthy mind.

Wonder was it CTE related in any way.

Unfortunately depression is very common with ex-fighters. If you're any other type of artist, be it actor, painter, musician etc - you will most likely be able to continue your passion your whole love. If you're a martial artist or fighter, there comes a point where your body just won't let you do what you want anymore, and that can be very hard. Dieselnoi is a suicide survivor, so is Frank Bruno. Unfortunately it's very common, kinda like that Apollo Creed speech in Rocky 4, you're a soldier with no war to fight.

Unfortunately depression is very common with ex-fighters. If you're any other type of artist, be it actor, painter, musician etc - you will most likely be able to continue your passion your whole love. If you're a martial artist or fighter, there comes a point where your body just won't let you do what you want anymore, and that can be very hard. Dieselnoi is a suicide survivor, so is Frank Bruno. Unfortunately it's very common, kinda like that Apollo Creed speech in Rocky 4, you're a soldier with no war to fight.

They have more in common with athletes from other sports than with artists. If you're a professional athlete in any sport there is a point where you don't have the physical ability to compete at the top level.

I guess it's the same as when an actor or singer becomes irrelevant they might then go through depression, perhaps consume drugs and alcohol and sometimes even end up killing themselves.

Add to that CTE in combat sports and low pay during your career and you have the perfect cocktail for disaster.

They have more in common with athletes from other sports than with artists. If you're a professional athlete in any sport there is a point where you don't have the physical ability to compete at the top level.

I guess it's the same as when an actor or singer becomes irrelevant they might then go through depression, perhaps consume drugs and alcohol and sometimes even end up killing themselves.

Add to that CTE in combat sports and low pay during your career and you have the perfect cocktail for disaster.

That + singers are vocal athletes and mishandling of their voice and leave them unable to sing

Some of these guys are really fighting their demons.

Back