SEKIRO SUCKS! camera, hitboxes, AI, saves, tracking, load screens (its kinda broken)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tenchu z had half a good idea and fucked up everything. I say this as a DIEhard tenchu fan who even posted regularly on " A Honed-Ki " .
After stumbling through the ridiculously complicated unlock system I found Tenchu Z to be a phenomenal game

it's not every day that we get a badass ninja simulator so I have to give props where it is due.

wrath of Heaven was great but Tenchu Z was even better

The death/disease system still makes me want to claw my eyes out.

Started Nioh 2 a week ago, its a thousand times better.
I agree that getting killed repeatedly over a glitch is pretty frustrating but the start backs and glitchy camera are way more frustrating for me. Couldn't stand having to go out and farm up more Spirit emblems just to come back and waste them kicking a brick wall boss battle until I finally figured out I wasn't powered up enough....lame

a save anywhere feature can literally fix any game but for some reason save anywhere has been abandoned

Nah', there's a difference between fair and unfair difficulty, and the design of the game surrounding it. Sekiro is well designed. It's just hard as fuck, and requires a high skill level to beat. Granted, if you're not that good of a player, a lot of it will seem impossible and cheap, because few have the capability to just blame themselves. No offense intended, as I am not that good either. But if you can step outside that, you should be able to recognize that there is a method to the madness that is slowly teaching you to become better at the game, since there is actually fundamental skills to be learned and the game is designed for you to utilize them all with extreme precision to proceed, as opposed to getting one shotted on "fuck you in the ass difficulty" by some bullet sponge.

There's a reason why games like "Ninja Gaiden", "Sekiro", the Souls series, etc, are highly praised, and games that are hard for the hell of it, aren't.
You can't even vaguely compare the difficulty of Ninja Gaiden and Sekiro... Ninja Gaiden head perfect hitboxes it was just incredibly demanding while sekiro "gittin gud" as SUCKiro it's just a matter of memorizing the glitches because the hitboxes are so incredibly bad you have to stick to a theme when fighting

In fact I would go so far as to say sekiro has themed combat like fake wrestling and that's what makes it so cinematic

Even though you dodge well out of the way of an enemy attack it's still going to hit you because it wasn't in the script

The latter describes Sekiro perfectly and you know it. Enemies can literally grab you outside their range and fling you off a cliff even while you're in the middle of a dodge. There is no learning involved at all.
There's lots of learning involved but it all is predicated on dealing with glitches

Once you learn that you can't Dodge even though your timing and range was perfect it becomes a lot more easy.

Just remember they hate it when you dodge so you're only allowed to do it when the script calls for it

Once you learn the script the game plays very cinematic because it's more like a fake wrestling dance that it is an actual athletic contest and a lot of people like that

After stumbling through the ridiculously complicated unlock system I found Tenchu Z to be a phenomenal game

it's not every day that we get a badass ninja simulator so I have to give props where it is due.

wrath of Heaven was great but Tenchu Z was even better

Tenchu z literally barely had any story, cant use rikimaru or ayame, sekiya and goda make no appearance except in name. 50 missioms that are all nearly identical...they had some awesome preliminary ideas but because a lot of the developers left or were leaving during its creation it was pit together too quickly.

Tenchu z to me is tenchu 2 level creator redux.

The game has it's moments of bullshit, no doubt. However, you're pointing out one tiny flaw that really isn't that intrusive outside of a handful of enemies. However, there is always learning involved. People have beaten "Sekiro" without getting hit once. Sure, the hit boxes during the grabs can be bullshit, but if you know what their dimensions are, you can avoid the attacks.

You're just nitpicking and defining the game by some sparse moments that frustrated you. You just started "Nioh", right? You're gonna tell me that game has no similar moments of bullshit? C'mon. All these games have certain bullshitty moments. That doesn't mean they're defined by them.
The hitboxes are really really bad and not just on grabs

Tenchu z literally barely had any story, cant use rikimaru or ayame, sekiya and goda make no appearance except in name. 50 missioms that are all nearly identical...they had some awesome preliminary ideas but because a lot of the developers left or were leaving during its creation it was pit together too quickly.

Tenchu z to me is tenchu 2 level creator redux.
I completely ignore story and Skip past all cinematics being 100% focused on gameplay alone.

nothing compares to Tenchu Z to date and that's pretty sad because sekiro was supposed to be the next-gen Tenchu!!

The death/disease system still makes me want to claw my eyes out.

Started Nioh 2 a week ago, its a thousand times better.
Haven’t played Sekiro, but I loved Nioh 2

Best souls game ever

I never really looked at Sekiro that way. I didn't find the upgrades all that essential. It's more pattern recognition and timing. The upgrades might grant you an extra few hits, or some unique attack that might work as a brief distraction for them, but for the most part, I found the game to be more demanding of your actual skills than anything else. It ain't "Dark Souls", in that you can't always mitigate the difficulty through grinding and whatnot. You hit a limit on your "skills", and there's nothing more you can do than just beat it. You can't phone a friend, and you can't grind. You eventually just run into walls, and nothing will save you but your own reactions.

Yeah, I would've liked a counter while in the grab, to at least give you a chance to do something. Especially considering how ridiculously powerful those moves usually are.

My only real gripe with Sekiro is it's somewhat outlandish difficulty in some areas, brought on by cheap enemy placement and mobs. I think it went a little overboard in some areas. Take that fat drunken boss guy, for instance. Does he really need a mob of like twelve enemies to deal with, complete with cheap ass projectile enemies who will pot shot you relentlessly? It's ridiculous.

In the end though, I just accept it. Every scenario in the game is beatable by traditional means, and there is a logic to it all. It's just a bit too much for me to power through it. I got to a point in that game where I was still gradually progressing, but I wasn't having any fun in conquering it's challenges. Win or lose, I was always pissed off and annoyed, so I just set it aside. Not for me.
This post precisely encapsulates how I feel about the game.

would you buy the next game?

I would if they fix the hitboxes
No. I wanted to love it but I’ve started it up again and again and I always just drop it. It’s simply not fun for me as much as I want it to be. I’ve watched all the let’s plays and tricks and tips but after a few hours of progress I’m always like “fuck this shit”. I’ve beaten every souls game besides bloodborne and I’ve beaten notoriously hard games like super ghouls and ghosts etc. for whatever reason I can’t force myself to keep playing this game and I’m tired of pretending I want to. Just not for me and I’m not knocking the game.

Lol I played that game when it was new. It was alright but it doesn't even compare to Nioh.
Yeah I guess if you're into fantasy monsters and make believe numbers falling off of enemys when you get done with your make-believe magic spell it's pretty cool, I'm just not that into fantasy. Games like Tenchu Z were grounded in reality but had some silly game tropes just like anything else.

The fact that ghost of tsushima is going to pound sekiro into the dirt proves that more people actually enjoy a realistic combat experience over silly fantasy monsters made for kids... hopefully now we'll start to get a few copycat titles bringing us realistic medieval non mechanized Asian combat

No. I wanted to love it but I’ve started it up again and again and I always just drop it. It’s simply not fun for me as much as I want it to be. I’ve watched all the let’s plays and tricks and tips but after a few hours of progress I’m always like “fuck this shit”. I’ve beaten every souls game besides bloodborne and I’ve beaten notoriously hard games like super ghouls and ghosts etc. for whatever reason I can’t force myself to keep playing this game and I’m tired of pretending I want to. Just not for me and I’m not knocking the game.
I completely understand how you feel and largely share your assessment of the title for me the silly Macarena dance style combat is it the worst thing in the game because it has some semblance of reality however the tedious load screens and long annoying start backs make the game incredibly annoying and the fact that you have to go get ammunition for your spear really destroys a lot of the immersion and makes it feel like a chintzy cheap and lazy way to add difficulty to a game that really shouldn't be that tedious

Lol at comparing Nioh 2 to Sekiro. One game is a min maxing grindfest and the other is a one mechanic one playstyle action rpg. I wouldn't say Sekiro sucks but it did get boring after a while. I may play it again now that I'm not used to trying to dodge and see If I fair better. The dodge I frames are non existent to incentivize the parry mechanic.

The fact that ghost of tsushima is going to pound sekiro into the dirt proves that more people actually enjoy a realistic combat experience over silly fantasy monsters made for kids...

I think it proves that the masses like a game with a reasonable difficulty, instead of a game that just rapes you at every turn. That's really all it comes down to. GOT is more inviting for all players of all skill sets. Sekiro is for the hardcore. If you did a focus group experiment with average players, most would probably quit Sekiro after the first two or three zones, just because of how hard and demanding it is.

I think it proves that the masses like a game with a reasonable difficulty, instead of a game that just rapes you at every turn. That's really all it comes down to. GOT is more inviting for all players of all skill sets. Sekiro is for the hardcore. If you did a focus group experiment with average players, most would probably quit Sekiro after the first two or three zones, just because of how hard and demanding it is.
I love intense difficulty like OG Ninja Gaiden the problem is sekiro is only difficult because it has broken hitboxes that literally cheat

once you learn the script and stick to it sekiro plays very cinematically like a fake wrestling match and that's what a lot of people like because they don't have an athletic mentality about it they want to watch an interactive cartoon

Lol at comparing Nioh 2 to Sekiro. One game is a min maxing grindfest and the other is a one mechanic one playstyle action rpg. I wouldn't say Sekiro sucks but it did get boring after a while. I may play it again now that I'm not used to trying to dodge and see If I fair better. The dodge I frames are non existent to incentivize the parry mechanic.
The game literally cheats its hit boxes in order to make dodging unreliable

they desperately want you to stand and Perry which is perfectly fine it's just a lame way to accomplish that goal

if they wanted to do it in a cool way they would give you a very demanding cardio gauge that depleted whenever you dodged making your subsequent counter-attacking worthless... problem solved and you don't have to cheat the hit boxes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back