Self defense scenario

shincheckin

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Posting this here to get decent responses instead of trolled nonsense.

What do you guys think would be the best clothing to be wearing in a self defense/street fight scenario. Im not referring to just a 1 on 1 "mma fight" like everyone always assumes. Although that scenario could apply, im referring to anything and everything under the sun. from 1 on 1, to getting jumped, armed attackers, unarmed attackers. Etc.

All types of clothing/footwear has its advantages and disadvantages. Thick heavy clothing offer protection but limit mobility for kicks/knees. Boots offer protection and can be a weapon, but also limit mobility etc.

Given all the crazy shit thats going on right now, best not to "get caught slippin". For instance if something goes down, you dont want to be in flip flops.

i guess the goal would still be to look normal or go un-noticed...you cant be walking around public looking like rambo

A gun tops all.

300px-Call_An_Ambulance_But_Not_For_Me.jpg

Last edited:
go naked

ppl see that and think the person is nuts and usually just bail. If you arm yourself with a giant dildo it would help too. Not many are willing to risk the chance of getting "stabbed" by one

What do you guys think would be the best clothing to be wearing in a self defense/street fight scenario. Im not referring to just a 1 on 1 "mma fight" like everyone always assumes. Although that scenario could apply, im referring to anything and everything under the sun. from 1 on 1, to getting jumped, armed attackers, unarmed attackers. Etc.

All types of clothing/footwear has its advantages and disadvantages. Thick heavy clothing offer protection but limit mobility for kicks/knees. Boots offer protection and can be a weapon, but also limit mobility etc.

Given all the crazy shit thats going on right now, best not to "get caught slippin". For instance if something goes down, you dont want to be in flip flops.

i guess the goal would still be to look normal or go un-noticed...you cant be walking around public looking like rambo
Shoes/boots you can run in.
Reasonably tight clothes that aren't easy to grab.
No loose straps to get tangled in.

Style wise blend in - don't look like a dork and don't look rich or flash or a tourist.

Some good stretch jeans, solid pair of sneakers, or lightweight boots. I'd avoid hoodies, ties, or anything that can be pulled. You can always carry a pocket knife, or pepper spray if you really need it. I'm assuming you don't want to carry a gun.

Some good stretch jeans, solid pair of sneakers, or lightweight boots. I'd avoid hoodies, ties, or anything that can be pulled. You can always carry a pocket knife, or pepper spray if you really need it. I'm assuming you don't want to carry a gun.

The thing is, you dont know whats gonna happen. You could get into a fight. You could get jumped. They might try to stab you, mace you, hit you with a bat, shoot you........you dont and wont know until it happens.......kind of just tyring to think, what would be the best "all purpose" clothing.

1 on 1 fight, maybe sneakers, basketball shorts, and a tanktop.

guy tries to stab you, 3 t-shirts, a sweater, and some dickies or something is going to be better.

sunglasses during a fight probably not good, guy wants to mace you, sunglasses would be good. so and so forth, you never know what your gonna face.

Regarding footwear , as mentioned already, I am thinking sneakers or light boots would be best. Cross trainers maybe, trail running shoes seem to be a good option as well. i have been in 2 altercations in flip flops and it was not the best scenario to be in and ended up barefoot.

side note: I tried to prevent a stray dog from getting run over, it was a pitbull. He thanked me by trying to attack me. I kicked him in the face with my boots. He probably would have bit through some sneakers. you just never know.

Last edited:
images

images

I always carry one of these,you never know when you need it.

Tracksuit bottoms, t-shirt, safety trainers (steel toe cap), wear a light weight loose jacket with a hood and carry gloves, don't wear patterns or item with logos and colours that make you stand out.

If you need to blend in, just look at what the majority of the people on the street wear, you need them to see you as one of them and for the police to have a hard time picking you out from the crowd, depending on what you are doing.

Steel caps, with sharpened coins glued in to the edge of the sole, (Just leave the edge exposed) laws on carrying anything that might be a weapon, is extremely strict in Australia. The other one I favour is a big horse siringe, full of petrol. Even someone armed with a gun will think twice when covered in petrol, especially if you point out that the muzzle flash will probably light them on fire.

Last edited:
That is pretty strict over in Austrailia. Im not a huge gun proponent but not being able to carry a billy club or pepper spray or anything like that sounds pretty excessive to me.

You really do need to be able to protect yourself as a man with a family in this world. No weapons at all seems like a bad idea to me..

jeans, t-shirt, belt, and some sort of jacket.

if they have a knife the jacket can be wrapped around your weak arm to provide protection, belt can be used as whipping weapon, and jeans, at least the jeans i wear provide good movement for kicking if necessary as well as long steps in/through stances as needed. t-shirt because well i'm pretty much always wearing a t-shirt...

jeans, t-shirt, belt, and some sort of jacket.

if they have a knife the jacket can be wrapped around your weak arm to provide protection, belt can be used as whipping weapon, and jeans, at least the jeans i wear provide good movement for kicking if necessary as well as long steps in/through stances as needed. t-shirt because well i'm pretty much always wearing a t-shirt...

I find jeans somewhat of a toss up, they offer protection, and you can leg kick easily in them, but I feel like they restrict my movement for knees as well as higher kicks

I find jeans somewhat of a toss up, they offer protection, and you can leg kick easily in them, but I feel like they restrict my movement for knees as well as higher kicks
ya i've neve had an issue with in them. but again i guess it all kinda depends on what brand and what cut you wear.

Back