September 28th PBC PPV Errol Spence jr vs Shawn Porter

\why does everyone think Spence walks over Porter? Porter is a tough guy with a hard to deal with style.

\why does everyone think Spence walks over Porter? Porter is a tough guy with a hard to deal with style.

I personally think Spence just has a great style for him. I think he is strong enough to push Porter off of him, after Porter charges, and Spence to follow up with some good inside and body work.

I think Thurman, Crawford, and even Garcia have better changes than Porter. Porter relies more on his physical strength to bully around, but I think Spence can match that.

I also am a bit biased, because I have never been a fan of Porter's style and personality (nice guy, but meh)

edit: my predictions this year have been pretty shit tho.

He doesnt have a style that lends well to fighting Spence. It actually plays right into Spence’s strongest abilities.

Porter is going to get destroyed imo. Hell have a few fun rounds but Spence will break him.

Cool thanks. I didn't know they had sparred before - does anyone know how those sessions went?
I like Porters confidence here but that size difference is more than I thought. I think porter might still be a good test for Spence though.

If Spence does beat Porter and Thurman beats Pac, Thurman vs Spence should be next imo.

I see Spence winning but it’s not going to be a route

Because Spence always put some great deposits to the body and Porter usually fades by round 6...unless something happen before that...I got Spence finishing him in rnd 8 or 9...

Porter has heart and skill, but these strengths are going to be his undoing because they are going to get him beat up really bad and most likely stopped. Spence is perfectly equipped to neutralize Porters strengths and punish his weaknesses and I see Spence breaking him down as there is literally no safe place in this fight for Porter to be. It will be an exciting fight while it lasts. Spence is not Ugas.

All it takes is one headbutt and the fight can totally change. WAR PORTER!! jk, I have no dog in this fight.

He doesnt have a style that lends well to fighting Spence. It actually plays right into Spence’s strongest abilities.

Porter is going to get destroyed imo. Hell have a few fun rounds but Spence will break him.
Yeah this is more or less the way I see it. Porter tends to jab or force his way in and turns his fights into phone booth brawls, using volume, pressure and physical strength. Porters outside and midday game is pretty limited, It’s basically just his jab and the occasional follow up right hand so we can reasonably assume he will try take the fight inside. Problem is his inside game will likely hit a brick wall here, since he will be meeting his match in terms of physical strength in Spence. Even with the weight cut Spence is probably even stronger. Porter’s flurries will probably look good for the first few rounds but Spence is more accurate and is really effective to the body. Once Porter’s body gets battered he’ll have a hard time breathing and at that point he’s fucked.

My big gripe with Porter is how square he gets when he's in on his man trying to fire away with everything he has. I mean he's fully facing his opponent at times with both feet next to eachother. He's light and bouncey on his feet but he does not move his feet well when exchanging.
thurman-porter.gif

EvenFearlessEmperorpenguin-max-1mb.gif
TOnnid.gif

A guy like Spence will capitalize on that. Spence is composed, with his lead foot always facing his opponents center line just like Andre Ward used to.
spence-body-work-3.gif
AnguishedZanyCarpenterant-size_restricted.gif

Former three-time world champion Robert "The Ghost" Guerrero battles Jerry Thomas in a 10-round welterweight match and sensational undefeated super welterweight prospect Joey Spencer appears in a six-round attraction in FOX Sports PBC Pay-Per-View Prelims on FS1 and FOX Deportes Saturday, September 28 from STAPLES Center in Los Angeles.

The 90-minute prelims show begins at 7:30 p.m. ET/4:30 p.m. PT and will serve as the lead-in to the highly anticipated FOX Sports PBC Pay-Per-View headlined by the welterweight title unification showdown between IBF champion Errol Spence Jr. and WBC champion Shawn Porter. WBC Super Middleweight Champion Anthony Dirrell defends his title against undefeated former champion David Benavídez in the co-feature, while unbeatens clash when Mario Barrios takes on Batyr Akhmedov for the WBA Super Lightweight title and hard-hitting veteran sluggers Josesito López and John Molina, Jr. meet in a 10-round welterweight bout in pay-per-view action beginning at 9 p.m. ET/6 p.m. PT.

My big gripe with Porter is how square he gets when he's in on his man trying to fire away with everything he has. I mean he's fully facing his opponent at times with both feet next to eachother. He's light and bouncey on his feet but he does not move his feet well when exchanging.
thurman-porter.gif

EvenFearlessEmperorpenguin-max-1mb.gif
TOnnid.gif

A guy like Spence will capitalize on that. Spence is composed, with his lead foot always facing his opponents center line just like Andre Ward used to.
spence-body-work-3.gif
AnguishedZanyCarpenterant-size_restricted.gif

I think he (Spence) is also physically stronger than Thurman and Porter. I think he will be able to muscle Porter off of him to create enough distance to land some inside shots, especially bodywork.

Back