September 28th PBC PPV Errol Spence jr vs Shawn Porter

Avni Yildirim returns to action following a controversial title bout against Anthony Dirrell and will be aiming to get another title shot as the first mandatory to the WBC super middleweight champion.

Yildirim will face Colombian Carlos Galvan (16-9-1) on September 28th in Los Angeles, as part of the undercard to the welterweight unification between Errol Spence Jr. and Shawn Porter.

The Turkish fighter will compete on the same night that Dirrell defends his WBC world title against undefeated challenger David Benavidez.

Not really feeling "big fight hype" for this one.

feeling no hype at all
I'm not real excited about every fight between ranked PBC fighters suddenly being a PPV. Spence is good and all but hasn't done a thing to warrant PPV dollars, especially when its Porter across the ring.

My big gripe with Porter is how square he gets when he's in on his man trying to fire away with everything he has. I mean he's fully facing his opponent at times with both feet next to eachother. He's light and bouncey on his feet but he does not move his feet well when exchanging.
thurman-porter.gif

EvenFearlessEmperorpenguin-max-1mb.gif
TOnnid.gif

A guy like Spence will capitalize on that. Spence is composed, with his lead foot always facing his opponents center line just like Andre Ward used to.
spence-body-work-3.gif
AnguishedZanyCarpenterant-size_restricted.gif

Nice post. Spence is a killer but he's also very underrated in regards to his fundamentals/technique, as shown against Mikey recently. Porter is wild and could cause some issues w/ timing early but he's not exactly tough to figure out. Ugas arguably beat him last time out, a bigger, stronger, younger, more powerful guy in E should put a beating on him. Porter is extremely tough, tho, so I think it's just a matter of if Spence stops him or not. Porter cuts easy, Spence could easily cut him with punches or a td from head clashes b/c Porter tends to do that as well.

Can't believe I'm reading fans aren't hyped for a Spence fight against a live body. I'm so excited for this one.

Can't believe I'm reading fans aren't hyped for a Spence fight against a live body. I'm so excited for this one.

Yeah, the fight isn't promoted all that much but it's still a pretty good matchup in a stacked weight class.

I think this will be the fight that changes how Shawn Porter is viewed, from a top welterweight to that guy who lost all of his biggest fights.

Undercard action will see a pair of rising prospects and 2016 Mexican Olympians in action as 2016 bronze medalist Misael Rodriguez (9-0, 4 KOs) battles Detroit's Brandon Maddox (7-2-1, 5 KOs) in an eight-round super middleweight bout while Lindolfo Delgado (10-0, 10 KOs) takes on Mexico's Jesus Zazueta Anaya (6-4-1, 4 KOs) in an eight-round welterweight duel.

The lineup continues with hard-hitting super lightweight Fabian Maidana (16-1, 12 KOs) in an eight-round fight against Mexico's Ramses Agaton (21-10-3, 11 KOs), plus a trio of Dallas-natives compete as prospect Burley Brooks (3-0, 3 KOs)enters for a six-round light heavyweight fight against Mexico's Fabian Valdez (3-5), welterweight Amon Rashidi (7-0, 5 KOs)takes on Mexico's Alfonso Olvera (11-6-3, 4 KOs) in an eight-round fight and featherweight Fernando Garcia (12-1, 7 KOs) duels another Dallas-native in Juan Antonio Lopez (14-7, 6 KOs) for an eight-round bout.

I'm not real excited about every fight between ranked PBC fighters suddenly being a PPV. Spence is good and all but hasn't done a thing to warrant PPV dollars, especially when its Porter across the ring.
I want to disagree because in my opinion Spence has a combination of attributes that we just don't get to see much. Dude hits like a light heavyweight and boxes in the pocket like the old timers

But you're right.

But the thing is PBC has to do this because they don't have the multiple revenue streams of Top Rank and don't have the subscription money like DAZN **allegedly** has.

So basically to hold this roster they have to reach and go for those ppv....even 200k buys is a solid profit. I'm pretty sure they get about 2/3 of the money ppv brings in so multiply 200k-ish by 40ish (assuming ppv is 60 dollars us) and you'll see why even a Fox card like this is worth being seen by less people behind ppv wall

Pretty sure Spence is going to wreck shop but looking at the odds makes me want to put $20 on Porter. Better odds than the lottery.

Back