Sergey Kharitonov will face against Cheik Kongo Aug 20 in Bellator event

He gets caught a bit though and if Ngannou catches him once its night night. There's a lot of good fighters I think he can give trouble to but Frank isn't one of them
I agree but there is the possibility he basically lays all over Frank for several rounds until Frank is gassed. I don't say it would happen but I can see it. It's been a long time since Kongo has traded in the open with anybody. He knows how to move just enough till he gets that clinch going and then it's all downhill for the fans from there.

I agree but there is the possibility he basically lays all over Frank for several rounds until Frank is gassed. I don't say it would happen but I can see it. It's been a long time since Kongo has traded in the open with anybody. He knows how to move just enough till he gets that clinch going and then it's all downhill for the fans from there.

Stipe had absolutely zero success trying to take him down in the recent fight though. I don't think clinching would really work with Frank, the dude is so fucking strong.

I don't think Kongo would have much success wrestling Francis. Wrestling is a young man's game, most wrestlers begin to decline at 30, while most fighters often begin their careers at 30. It requires a lot more cardio, trying to hold up someone against the cage is almost more tiring for the person doing the holding than for the person being held. As fighters get older and incur more injuries their wrestling typically deteriorates, both in terms of power and in terms of endurance. That's why I picked Francis in the rematch for example. I could tell that Stipe's body wasn't the same at 38 as it had been more than 3 years ago at 35. Kongo is an incredible athlete but he's 46.

Announced to be Homasi at 264
Thanks, read it in another thread.
I mean they could do Lima vs Koreshkov 4 or Berkhamov vs Koreshkov in Moscow and those would be tough AF fights, particularly Berkhamov because he has no name value but would have a good chance at getting it done.

Im not sure how much money the UFC would ofer him either. Given that he is Russian and not a lot of name value among casuals. I mean not even Tumenov is able to get a contract. But maybe ONE could give him more money.
What if Berkhamov or Koreshkov or both doesn't want this fight? From what I understand, Berkhamov wasn't very happy when ACA/ACB tried to make him fight Tumenov. Another example -- Amosov openly said that he signed with Bellator not to fight with Koreshkov/Russians. And that mentality is not something rare among Russians/ex-USSR countries fighters -- "I signed with big American promotions where best fighters from all over the world fights and these fools tries to make me fights my compatriots! Why? Can't they give me some American/French/British fighter?".

Koreshkov has American visa, was drug tested (seems like majority of Russian mma fighters was drug tested only if they competed at wrestling/sambo) and was champion in Bellator. And no criminal record. Between Koreshkov and Tumenov I would obviously sign Andrey since he is a new face.

What if Berkhamov or Koreshkov or both doesn't want this fight? From what I understand, Berkhamov wasn't very happy when ACA/ACB tried to make him fight Tumenov. Another example -- Amosov openly said that he signed with Bellator not to fight with Koreshkov/Russians. And that mentality is not something rare among Russians/ex-USSR countries fighters -- "I signed with big American promotions where best fighters from all over the world fights and these fools tries to make me fights my compatriots! Why? Can't they give me some American/French/British fighter?".

Koreshkov has American visa, was drug tested (seems like majority of Russian mma fighters was drug tested only if they competed at wrestling/sambo) and was champion in Bellator. And no criminal record. Between Koreshkov and Tumenov I would obviously sign Andrey since he is a new face.
I think Fedor had the same mentality about not fighting Russians. I find it strange, given that MMA is an individual sport and Americans have no problems facing each other. But I know Brazilians and Russians are mostly against fighting their countrymen.

Agreed, Koreshkov would be a better signing for the UFC.

I think Fedor had the same mentality about not fighting Russians. I find it strange, given that MMA is an individual sport and Americans have no problems facing each other. But I know Brazilians and Russians are mostly against fighting their countrymen.

Eventually they will have to face other Russians and Eastern Europeans, unless you just want a top 5 off Slavs who don't want to fight each other and they just fight the top American/Brazilian coming up

Plus Amosov might have said that in regards to fighting other Slavs, Dagestanis/Chechens/etc might not fall under that

In case of Berkhamov-Tumenov, thing was that they are from the same Republic but of diffirent ethnicities. So things started to heat up (like, people of one ethnicity started to hate people of other ethnicity).
Also, about this whole thing Reznikov commented not so long ago -- you fight Russian/ex-USSR guy and then you might see him on the street/in gym and other places and feel yourself uncomfortable.
Plus, seems the whole mma scene if not that big in Russia and my feeling is that, for example among mma fighters from Dagestan 40 % (if not more) of them have brother/cousin/second cousin/father/uncle who is an mma fighter.
Eventually they will have to face other Russians and Eastern Europeans, unless you just want a top 5 off Slavs who don't want to fight each other and they just fight the top American/Brazilian coming up

Plus Amosov might have said that in regards to fighting other Slavs, Dagestanis/Chechens/etc might not fall under that
There was some examples of opposite -- Ismagulov offering to step up as a replacement and fight Tukhugov; Tukhugov and Lobov (but maybe Lobov doesn't count); Evloev said that he either moves down and fights Yan then fights Magomedsharipov; probably it's already a dozen of Dagestani fighters who said that they want to beat up Chimaev (also Reznikov remembered that Khamzat wrote some shit to him and would like to beat him for it, he also suspected that Khamzat is into recreational drugs (that's why he writes strange things in Russian) and Khabib's friend/pupil/mma fghter who is an ex-addict and now helps people recover wrote something like yes, Reznikov is right Khamzat writes/sounds like a person under influence of "salts" (I think it's called "alpha pvp" in English)) and I think everyone aside from Nurmagomedov-Makhachev said that they will agree to fight compatriot for a contender spot or belt.

Yeah, Amosov used the word "Rooskie" but some people used it to describe anyone with Russian citizenship.

In case of Berkhamov-Tumenov, thing was that they are from the same Republic but of diffirent ethnicities. So things started to heat up (like, people of one ethnicity started to hate people of other ethnicity).
Also, about this whole thing Reznikov commented not so long ago -- you fight Russian/ex-USSR guy and then you might see him on the street/in gym and other places and feel yourself uncomfortable.
Plus, seems the whole mma scene if not that big in Russia and my feeling is that, for example among mma fighters from Dagestan 40 % (if not more) of them have brother/cousin/second cousin/father/uncle who is an mma fighter.

There was some examples of opposite -- Ismagulov offering to step up as a replacement and fight Tukhugov; Tukhugov and Lobov (but maybe Lobov doesn't count); Evloev said that he either moves down and fights Yan then fights Magomedsharipov; probably it's already a dozen of Dagestani fighters who said that they want to beat up Chimaev (also Reznikov remembered that Khamzat wrote some shit to him and would like to beat him for it, he also suspected that Khamzat is into recreational drugs (that's why he writes strange things in Russian) and Khabib's friend/pupil/mma fghter who is an ex-addict and now helps people recover wrote something like yes, Reznikov is right Khamzat writes/sounds like a person under influence of "salts" (I think it's called "alpha pvp" in English)) and I think everyone aside from Nurmagomedov-Makhachev said that they will agree to fight compatriot for a contender spot or belt.

Yeah, Amosov used the word "Rooskie" but some people used it to describe anyone with Russian citizenship.
Amosov probably doesn’t want to start any stuff with ethnic Russians since he is Ukrainian and there is the whole geopolitical conflict.

I like the signing. Saw Colgan on the LfA shows and he is a finisher. Physical specimen as well
He is barely 2-0, though he surely cant be Storley's opponent.

He is barely 2-0, though he surely cant be Storley's opponent.
Oh I was being sarcastic haha. I just don't know who they'd put Storley with, at this point they're probably just scrambling for someone with a mediocre record who is dumb enough to step in. But yes I agree with @TorontoTO I like Colgan as well. I'm not sure if he's with Bellator to stay or just for a couple fight deal but he's a good get.

According to the Bellator website, two bouts are official

Lightweight Mike Hamel vs. Bryce Logan
Welterweight Archie Colgan vs. Deven Fisher

Oh I was being sarcastic haha. I just don't know who they'd put Storley with, at this point they're probably just scrambling for someone with a mediocre record who is dumb enough to step in. But yes I agree with @TorontoTO I like Colgan as well. I'm not sure if he's with Bellator to stay or just for a couple fight deal but he's a good get.
You never know with Bellator. My hopes of Srorley vs Gracie are vanishing. It will be someone like Mota or Houston.

According to the Bellator website, two bouts are official

Lightweight Mike Hamel vs. Bryce Logan
Welterweight Archie Colgan vs. Deven Fisher
This a very decent and winnable fight for Hamel. Logan is one of those average LFA champs, nothing special. Im interested in checking the odds.

So far its:
MAIN EVENT
- Kongo vs Sergei
- Borics vs Jay Jay
- Lara vs Bennet
PRELIMS
- Hamel vs Logan
- Schoenfelder vs Childs
- Colgan vs Fisher

Hopefully, Mowry vs Golm is in this event and also lets hope for a decent opponent for Storley.

• Fabio Aguiar vs. Taylor Johnson

I like Taylor Johnson, I think he could be on the verge of top 10 with a W here. Lets see how much Aguiar improved with the move to Team Pitbull.

Taylor could win this if only he had a good striking coach @DoctorTaco

In all seriousness, I hope he comes in weighing at least 195...preferably 200. If he doesn't overdo the lean bit, because Aguiar is a big MW, I think he'll be able to use his technical skills, which I think are probably better.

Back