Sergio Garibay custom punch/focus mitts review

I tried to get a tour of Fairtex "Factory" which is just a small building at their Bangplee gym, but they said no.

I figured that would be the case. I tried to offered to work/apprentice/pay for the opportunity to learn how to make gloves from Shevlin and John Golomb, and was met with a pat on the back and a kick in the ass. :)

Kudos to Sergio for actually taking the time to tell me his story on how he got started and the advice he gave me.

Those hoarding bastards...

I've known people that said they got to tour the TWIN/TOP KING/RAJA factory though. Hmmm, maybe a different route is needed. Perhaps I'll ask someone at the ren fair back in the states...

I just made a custom focus mitts order with Sergio Garibay. He had me trace an outline of both of my hands on a piece of paper and mail it to him along with a check. Hope it's worth it.

I just made a custom focus mitts order with Sergio Garibay. He had me trace an outline of both of my hands on a piece of paper and mail it to him along with a check. Hope it's worth it.

Awesome. What colors did you go with?

All black. What color did you ordered? Post some pics of yours if you can. Thanks.

I haven't ordered a pair. I don't hold the pads enough to spring for a pair of custom mitts. I was just curious.

All black. What color did you ordered? Post some pics of yours if you can. Thanks.

Cool...what kind of mitts did u order.. micros, mids or air mitts...
I have a pair of air mitts due to arrive by the end of the week....

Massively looking forward to seeing a review on those air mitts Drew!!

Massively looking forward to seeing a review on those air mitts Drew!!

I got u..will give a initial review when I get them n a more thorough one after that...will be going hard on the pads the next few weeks getting guys ready for the golden gloves.

I ordered the "speed mitts" from Sergio, as he would describe. He said it's the same type Freddie Roach uses. I guess that might be the micro then.

I thought about using air mitts, but Sergio said those doesn't give the loudest pop sound. Although air mitts gives great protection, I asked Sergio to put extra padding on mine so it'll protect my hands better.

I ordered the "speed mitts" from Sergio, as he would describe. He said it's the same type Freddie Roach uses. I guess that might be the micro then.

I thought about using air mitts, but Sergio said those doesn't give the loudest pop sound. Although air mitts gives great protection, I asked Sergio to put extra padding on mine so it'll protect my hands
better.
I ordered a pair like these

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BL1QuzOHNos&feature=youtube_gdata_player

look nice. hope it's not too heavy.

Sergio also said end of this year, he's going to be making custom boxing gloves. Are you going to order some from him?

Fml. Time to step my glove game up. :eek:

Pretty sure Sergio's custom made boxing gloves will be better than a lot of mass production companies. He said he's going to pattern it like Winning, Cassanova, Reyes. Velcro and lace versions will be available.

Pretty sure Sergio's custom made boxing gloves will be better than a lot of mass production companies. He said he's going to pattern it like Winning, Cassanova, Reyes. Velcro and lace versions will be available.

I'm sure they will. I look forward to seeing his work.

Forgot to mention, Sergio told me his custom made boxing gloves will be around the $200 to $250 range, depending on the color/detailing.

Based on the price of his mitts and body protectors, I figured they would be up to $300.00 for the gloves. Good to know I was off by a little.

Based on the price of his mitts and body protectors, I figured they would be up to $300.00 for the gloves. Good to know I was off by a little.

Sergio said his custom made body protectors are $500 - $700, depending on the thickness.

Back