Shaq walks into a BJJ gym and taps out two black belts

DVH3Gnh.jpg

Wow I didn't know that

It would've been truly embarrassing for those black belts if it was his first day on the mats

Hes actually talked about when he was still in the NBA he would do MMA training for conditioning

Hes a legit OG

I actually think Shaq has trained enough jiujitsu to be about purple belt or even brown belt him self if he kept up with it it’s been years . He’s also massive and a trained athletes with passion for martial arts. I doubt he’s a legit black belt but he could be. There aren’t many guys his size that athletic I jiujitsu . This video was probably very triggering to some. The ego on Shaq to go into a jiujitsu gym slam guys and neck crank is pretty unbelievable. Everyone sucks his dick because he’s Shaq. Maybe im a sour puss but I don’t think celebrities get special treatment and I’d tell him to get off the mat and learn Matt etiquette . I’d tap him though he’s a bitch
This post was a real rollercoaster of emotion.

Legit lol'ed at the conclusion though:
I’d tap him though he’s a bitch

? he doesnt move or strain larratt at all and larrat is an endurance based arm wrestler.

There are kids off the street that looke like they make Larratt exert some level of effort. This video shows nothing.
Exactly this.

Let’s be real

martial arts were always for d level athletes who sucked at ball sports

Now with mma it’s getting more popular, however best athletes are still doing ball sports

initially I was going to call 100% bs on this. cuz of course, reality tv isn't reality. it could still be nonsense for all I know. but I will offer this. when I was a brown belt, I competed against a 6'8" 330lb brown belt and I couldn't do anything. couldn't even move. I watched the video of the match afterwards and I looked retarded. I was outweighed by over 100lbs and size really does matter. Shaq's grotesque size could possibly negate skill. he's a one-off

ahh

so that’s you on the bottom

SizeMatters1.jpg

Shaq is a monster. I think he could get on top of and just brute force a keylock or kimura on anyone who weighed 200lb or less, no matter their skill level. Just too strong. Like trying to fight a forklift.
That's exactly what he was doing in the video. Americana and can openers.

Are you on crack, he handled The Mountain Hafthor Bjornsson with less effort than he did Shaq. You want to tell me that guy is weak too?
How do you know when did Devon use less effort?
With Shaq he CLEARLY IS NOT USING ANY

I've been in close proximity to Shaq in an office environment and he just takes up all of the space.

It entirely depends on the size of the purple belt. There comes a point where size transcends skill when that gap is too large. People like Bob Sapp survived 15 minutes with one of the greatest heavyweight BJJ guys in MMA history simply because he was too physically dominant. A 145 pound purple belt ain't tapping Shaq unless he's exhausted.

This is true.

Still, people severely overestimate the capabilities of the so called "A-level" athletes. Just look at this forum - it is full of imbeciles who think that Shaq would be able to beat the HW champ of any given discipline via sheer size and strength.

Saw Francis at the fit expo. He wasn’t as big as I would have thought. This was slim cardio off season Francis. His arms are bizarrely long though.

But you see some monsters at the fit expo. So it’s no surprise he didn’t seem crazy big.

I sort of feel like, "trying" isn't the right word when you're showing me a picture of him being lifted in a way that looks relatively easy to Ngannou.
This picture was taken at a weird angle. In reality, O'neal's left foot is on the ground, and Ngannou's arms are wrapped around Shaq's penis.

Back