Share your favourite christian songs! :>

I find my favorite christians songs don't actually always sound like traditional christian music two of my favorite christian artists is Kirk Franklin and The Winans.

Thanks for reminding I'm long, long, overdue to take in a service got nuff sins to wash away...

well the 2nd song was quite mellow and yeah I kinda liked it.

Oh man I mean I think you're talking for all of us.
We are prob sin-factories (some of us!) and need to repent every now and then.

<mma4>True dat! Nothing wrong with taking in a service and receiving the good word it's good for the soul, heart, and your humanity....

Deicide - Serpents Of The Light

I think the best songs are the hymns in the church

Victory in Jesus is probably my favorite

Rich Mullins has a few songs I like but other than that I prefer the hymns. I wouldn't knock anyone for liking them or listening to them.

Well, although I don't think this song is about religion or God, however.....the lyrics are indicative that it is.

It's always been a favorite of mine, and yes it's without doubt very melancholy.
A classic, written by Leonard Cohen, but this version by Jeff Buckley is probably the most well-known :

Last edited:
Maybe not technically Christian songs, I’ll submit these 2 for your consideration. @Doughie99 posted “Hallelujah” (I’d recommend to check Cohen’s version though), I really like this one as well:

Here’s a cover song, better than the original:

Are you actually checking al these songs out that ppl are posting, @Clementine?
I’d be interested in your opinion of these. :)

OK this is an old Christian song, as Kurt Cobain said, when he sang it for MTV Unplugged live in 1993.

I actually remember watching this at the time. I think I was in Fort Lauderdale at the time.

Lyrics:
Jesus, don't want me for a sunbeam
Sunbeams are never made like me
Don't expect me to cry,
For all the reasons you had to die
Don't ever ask your love of me
Don't expect me to cry
Don't expect me to lie
Don't expect me to die for me

Nirvana, live on MTV :

Last edited:
Are you actually checking al these songs out that ppl are posting, @Clementine?
I’d be interested in your opinion of these. :)
I think she's at work. She said she had to get up early for work today.
(She left me half a pizza in the fridge and what's left of the bottle of Smirnoff we smashed last night).

I think she's at work. She said she had to get up early for work today.
(She left me half a pizza in the fridge and what's left of the bottle of Smirnoff we smashed last night).
Ooh just hearing the word “Smirnoff” makes my stomach recoil in terror :eek:
Side note: one of my friends and I have an ongoing debate about which version of Hallelujah is better. She likes Buckley’s, but I’m a MASSIVE Leonard Cohen fan, so I like his. I was fortunate to see Cohen live before he died, and heard Hallelujah sung by the Master himself. :)

I missed chilling with you all in the PBPs the other night! I’m on a little vacation in Arizona at the moment, escaping the Midwest winter for some sun.

Back