Share your favourite christian songs! :>

I’ll add this. Brings the soul closer to God.
My fave part of this video is Tom’ s kids peeking in the window. <45>
Could you imagine going out to the old barn out back to see what your dad is doing, and he’s bark-singing about the Lord at the top of his lungs??

Continuing the thread of Christian type songs.... here's a very soothing Christmas carol, an old 14th Century English song.

This is performed live in a church in Ireland, and is really beautifully arranged and sung : (and, by the way...there's one particular woman in this video singing who is captivatingly stunning IMHO) :

The Coventry Carol :

I find my favorite christians songs don't actually always sound like traditional christian music two of my favorite christian artists is Kirk Franklin and The Winans.

Thanks for reminding I'm long, long, overdue to take in a service got nuff sins to wash away...

Amazing!! Surprisingly never heard Kirk Franklin before ~ Totally into it :) Thank you, I'm stealing these for my playlist!! :cool:

Well, although I don't think this song is about religion or God, however.....the lyrics are indicative that it is.

It's always been a favorite of mine, and yes it's without doubt very melancholy.
A classic, written by Leonard Cohen, but this version by Jeff Buckley is probably the post well-known :

:D Yeah!! A true classic that you can never go wrong with!! :p
Sorry for my late response, just finished up with my last client and I'm heading home listening to all the wonderful music you guys shared :)

Yeah I've liked the Allison Krauss track.
I remember that well from the movie "O Brother where art thou?" in the (obviously..) river scene....

Beautiful :) I Haven't seen that movie in ages, maybe it is time!! :D
Right... Gotta focus on driving now :rolleyes: I'll check the rest of the posted songs later when I get time :D
Sorry for being a slowpoke just caught up with a hectic work schedule this week :)

Amazing!! Surprisingly never heard Kirk Franklin before ~ Totally into it :) Thank you, I'm stealing these for my playlist!! :cool:

That's what Christianity is all about baby, spreading the word I'm glad it touched you.

Beautiful :) I Haven't seen that movie in ages, maybe it is time!! :D
Right... Gotta focus on driving now :rolleyes: I'll check the rest of the posted songs later when I get time :D
Sorry for being a slowpoke just caught up with a hectic work schedule this week :)
I just watched it again today. It's really enjoyable, it's cinematography is excellent, good color grading, Clooney is funny as heck, and his 2 compadres excellent foils, the scenery is great as is the 1930s Deep South look n' feel. Soundtrack is catchy too.

It's written and directed by the legendary Coen Brothers, Joel and Ethan and I'm a big fan of those guys and their work so i'll more or less watcbh anything they write and direct or produce. 'No Country for Old Men' was excellent, for example.

As an atheist, I ( obviously ) don't listen to Christian music but I do still love me some of the Elvis gospel music that I grew up listening to. One of my favorites is this one:

Oh & this one too:

Isn’t The Fray a Christian band? I like a bunch of their songs.

Here's another song, by Hozier. Vague connection to church / religion. Kinda.

I like the *song* but I'm obviously not modern enough to like the original video content (don't @ me people...) so....here is a link to the live version on the classic show 'Later with Jools Holland' :

Jools Holland used to play in the band 'The Squeeze' a LONG time ago.

ps. The cellist in the video is hot as balls. Me like.

OK this is an old Christian song, as Kurt Cobain said, when he sang it for MTV Unplugged live in 1993.

I actually remember watching this at the time. I think I was in For tLauderdale at the time.

Lyrics:
Jesus, don't want me for a sunbeam
Sunbeams are never made like me
Don't expect me to cry,
For all the reasons you had to die
Don't ever ask your love of me
Don't expect me to cry
Don't expect me to lie
Don't expect me to die for me

Nirvana, live on MTV :

I think he also mentioned that they played the Vaselines version of the song.

I think he also mentioned that they played the Vaselines version of the song.

Indeed he did !
- I always remember well his pre-amble to their version of this song from their Nirvana Unplugged album, and he did credit the Vaselines with "we do it the Vaselines way". It just sticks in my mind.

Nirvana were really a huge band back then. The album 'Nevermind' had been a huge success.
- Their massive hit 'Smells Like Teen Spirit' had stomped thru the charts in around late '91 or early '92 (around then anyway) and had become something of an anthem globally for disaffected youth (and many others). That song still sounds great today, & that won't change.

This is kind of a guilty pleasure song that I've loved since I first heard it.

It wasn't until years later when I found out she's pretty hardcore into jesus that I realised she's singing about God.

Still my jam.

Maybe not technically Christian songs, I’ll submit these 2 for your consideration. @Doughie99 posted “Hallelujah” (I’d recommend to check Cohen’s version though), I really like this one as well:

Here’s a cover song, better than the original:

Are you actually checking al these songs out that ppl are posting, @Clementine?
I’d be interested in your opinion of these. :)

Beautiful songs, thank you!! :)
I am!!! Just at snail speed :D When I get time!! :)

OK this is an old Christian song, as Kurt Cobain said, when he sang it for MTV Unplugged live in 1993.

I actually remember watching this at the time. I think I was in Fort Lauderdale at the time.

Lyrics:
Jesus, don't want me for a sunbeam
Sunbeams are never made like me
Don't expect me to cry,
For all the reasons you had to die
Don't ever ask your love of me
Don't expect me to cry
Don't expect me to lie
Don't expect me to die for me

Nirvana, live on MTV :

Very cool, thank you! :)

Back