Shebros, how early should I get to a MLB game?

JustOnce

On Hiatus
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
Wow, I've been on Sherdog for a very very long time, first time posting here in this section. Didn't know that this place existed lol.

Anyhow, lol, I'm planning to go to a live MLB game soon, and I'm just wondering if any of the MLB expert Sherbros can help me out.

I'm just wondering how early I should get to a MLB game? Will I be able to watch the batting practice and so on if I go there early?

Thank you

I've always showed up like 20 min before game time. You won't have to wait for food/drink unless its a big game. Also, there will always be seats available. Nobody gives a fuck about going to baseball games anymore unfortunately.

Batting practice is usually a hour or two before, typically stadiums open their doors a few hours before so yes you’d be able to watch it if you wanted to. Sometimes teams skip it though (like a day game after a night game)

I usually get there a half hour earlier, enough time to find seat, get food etc. I guess it would also depend where you are and what day, some teams have better attendance than others and weekday games are always less crowded

I've always showed up like 20 min before game time. You won't have to wait for food/drink unless its a big game. Also, there will always be seats available. Nobody gives a fuck about going to baseball games anymore unfortunately.

Lots of young stars right now though.

Apparently All star MLB game did better viewer numbers than NBA all star game.

Batting practice is usually a hour or two before, typically stadiums open their doors a few hours before so yes you’d be able to watch it if you wanted to. Sometimes teams skip it though (like a day game after a night game)

I usually get there a half hour earlier, enough time to find seat, get food etc. I guess it would also depend where you are and what day, some teams have better attendance than others and weekday games are always less crowded

Ever get a chance to take a photo with players? or is that a season ticket holder thing? Is batting practice worth taking a look?

I guess I'm like clueless when it comes to going to ballgames lmfao

Thanks guys!

Wow, I've been on Sherdog for a very very long time, first time posting here in this section. Didn't know that this place existed lol.

Anyhow, lol, I'm planning to go to a live MLB game soon, and I'm just wondering if any of the MLB expert Sherbros can help me out.

I'm just wondering how early I should get to a MLB game? Will I be able to watch the batting practice and so on if I go there early?

Thank you

What stadium are you going to? Some stadiums are more fan friendly with things to do than others.

I haven't been to a ball game in quite a few years now, but I bet you need to be there earlier due to security measures, etc. Some friends and I used to go to minor league games years ago. One guy got tons of free tickets. Another guy had a place right next to the field, so we could have a few brews and walk over anytime, without any hassle at all. Was really fun. I miss those days, but that was a long time ago.

Heck, I remember, when I was a kid, we used to go to the Angel's stadium in Anaheim. It had this really cool spiral walkway all the way around the edge of the stadium. My idiot friend (whose family got the tickets and brought us) liked to go to the bathroom and get a bunch of paper towels, bunch them in a big ball, and get them soaking wet, then launch them over the rail at people walking below. He even terrorized the t.v. trucks for a bit. Was pretty rude, but also hilarious. People jumping out of the way, paper and water splattering everywhere, etc. Very stupid, though.

Back