Sherbros, Help Me Score a PS5

Goon Dog

DiMeo Family Enforcer
@Silver
Reaction score
I don't know shit about video games, but my teenager has busted his ass for months mowing lawns and delivering for his mom's store trying to save up for a PS5. Most kids blow money as soon as they get it (including his siblings), so I want to encourage this as a life lesson. He now has the money but of course these things can hardly be found.

I'm told you have to track these restocking events at Best Buy, Walmart etc for even a prayer at getting a console. Can my Sherbros share info, ideas or strategies? This is a serious request so any help is greatly appreciated.

If you would teach him how to make a hole in brick wall and disable alarms he would get ps5 for free

Thank you. This is a great place to start.
If you don’t have a Twitter, just make an account, follow that page, and turn on post notifications. Hopefully you’ll get notified when there’s consoles in stock (might have to deal with w lot of annoying notifications along the way though). Having your card details set up on your phone will also help. PayPal is a good option for speedy check outs too.

Thank you. This is a great place to start.
This is probably your worst option, but I’m not in the US right now and I can actually get you one and ship it internationally to you. But LOL if this is what you’re reduced to. I’m amazed this is still that hard to get in the US

I lucked out and got mine at Best Buy, but I’m always up incredibly early so I was able to score it. Honestly if you need to, buy one from a scalper. Retailers haven’t been doing anything to try to prevent this from happening so what other option do you have? You’re going to end up waiting possibly up to a year to be able to get one, Constantly checking websites, and putting in the item in your cart only to have it not check out

Everyone is going to criticize me for suggesting this but screw it. Blame the retailers, not me

They're impossible to find and when you do the price is marked up 200% or more

I read an article yesterday that said they should be readily available in retail stores by the end of the year but who knows if that's true or not. I have noticed the price from scalpers seems to have been steadily declining. It also said they may be releasing a new smaller model already.

Who knows though. A lot of these "gaming journalists" articles that pop up on my feed seem to be just a bunch of speculation and made up stuff for clicks.

I said fuck it and bought an xbox.

Last edited:
I lucked out and got mine at Best Buy, but I’m always up incredibly early so I was able to score it. Honestly if you need to, buy one from a scalper. Retailers haven’t been doing anything to try to prevent this from happening so what other option do you have? You’re going to end up waiting possibly up to a year to be able to get one, Constantly checking websites, and putting in the item in your cart only to have it not check out

Everyone is going to criticize me for suggesting this but screw it. Blame the retailers, not me

Yeah, I’m gonna agree with going with a scalper. I tried from November to February and decided I’d spend a few more $$$ instead of waiting even MORE months.

TC, Check EBay whenever you’re browsing the net/whatever. You can luck out and find one at a reasonable “scalper price” I understand if $$$ is an issue. Good Luck with finding one online.

Maybe I don’t have patience. A friend of mine has been trying since they were available for preorder. He will get word one is available. No luck at all with bots.

I read an article yesterday that said they should be readily available in retail stores by the end of the year but who knows if that's true or not. I have noticed the price from scalpers seems to have been steadily declining. It also said they may be releasing a new smaller model already.

Who knows though. A lot of these "gaming journalists" articles that pop up on my feed seem to be just a bunch of speculation and made up stuff for clicks.

Yeah, it was also told they’d be in stock New Year 2021.

Sounds like you got a good kid their TS. I’ve heard you gotta be at the right place right time. Know anyone that works at Walmart? They can tip you off when they are in stock.

Sounds like you got a good kid their TS. I’ve heard you gotta be at the right place right time. Know anyone that works at Walmart? They can tip you off when they are in stock.
He tried that and I will as well. I think most retailers have given up on stocking their brick and mortar, and instead just sell from their website. Cheaper for them, too.

following those twitter accounts is the only way i have heard of anyone getting one

personally i tried that method for 2 months before i said fuck it i'll wait until it's in stores

Yeah, I’m gonna agree with going with a scalper. I tried from November to February and decided I’d spend a few more $$$ instead of waiting even MORE months.
TC, Check EBay whenever you’re browsing the net/whatever. You can luck out and find one at a reasonable “scalper price” I understand if $$$ is an issue. Good Luck with finding one online.

Maybe I don’t have patience. A friend of mine has been trying since they were available for preorder. He will get word one is available. No luck at all with bots.

As someone who bought it from a retailer, I honestly suggest getting it from a scalper or StockX

I tried multiple times to find a PS5 and I’m many of those occasions I had it in my car, but it wouldn’t check out until it was out of stock. Finally I was able to get it because I woke up at four in the morning unintentionally, and checked Best Buy. That’s pretty ridiculous. I bought my graphics card for my PC on StockEx and it was only a couple hundred dollars marked up. I’d rather just spend the extra money than obsessively checking retailers websites only to be disappointed for months.

The PlayStation 5 came out almost a year ago and it’s still not Easy to get.

Wish has em and such In Australia... I'm shocked that it's a struggle in the states honestly.. but pm me if ya need a hand

I think paying less than 200 resell is alright. Ideally you’d find an opened/gently used console that’s only about 100 above retail. It sucks that people to have to resort to this but there’s no guarantee that you’re going to score a console for retail. I managed to get my console for retail the day pre-orders started, but I would have bought one from a reseller if I really had to. I’m used to having to do this with sneakers, so it’s nothing new to me. These sites have awful bot protection unfortunately.

It’s amazing they can’t keep up with demand after it’s been out this long. I remember when the ps3 came out I had just joined eBay. Saw dozens sell for $12,000 when they first came out.

Back