Sherbros, Help Me Score a PS5

“IGNDeals” on Twitter, got me all the hard to get big electronic items through Best Buy. And I’m about as unlucky as someone can get. Though it is not always through BB, just had the luck through them on my first try when it send a notification. Some hate IGN, but it absolutely worked for me. Trash the Twitter afterwards though.

wish you luck whatever way you can get one though buddy

Last edited:
Honestly I think stock problems will continue through early 2022. This upcoming holiday season will be a nightmare

Honestly I think stock problems will continue through early 2022. This upcoming holiday season will be a nightmare
Agreed. I don't know shit about video games, but I'm a supply chain guy and this is affecting a ton of industries and there is no quick fix.

fucking Target. I was in the que for 3 different stores and flamed out on all 3. This sucks.

Just got one this morning. Pick it up today at 10 from Target!!!

Just got one this morning. Pick it up today at 10 from Target!!!
I was on but kept getting kicked out. The site made me enter credit card info, even though I entered and saved it days ago. After the drop, my info appeared back in my account again. I guess the site was overwhelmed. Damn, I thought I had one.

I was on but kept getting kicked out. The site made me enter credit card info, even though I entered and saved it days ago. After the drop, my info appeared back in my account again. I guess the site was overwhelmed. Damn, I thought I had one.
That sucks. I literally got lucky as hell. I just was like it's 7:40 I wonder if target is dropping any and I got right through. I did have a little hiccup where it said the card expiration date was wrong, even though it was right, and I had to re-enter it. I thought that was going to screw me, but thankfully I was still in time.

That sucks. I literally got lucky as hell. I just was like it's 7:40 I wonder if target is dropping any and I got right through. I did have a little hiccup where it said the card expiration date was wrong, even though it was right, and I had to re-enter it. I thought that was going to screw me, but thankfully I was still in time.
Good for you, man. Nice to know someone other than a bot is getting through occasionally.

<GinJuice>

What did you end up doing to score one?
Started following Matt Swider (TechRadar). I saw the alert last night that GameStop would drop PS5s today. This morning he alerted it would be 11am EST. GameStop gives preference to Pro members ($15 per year) and runs out of stock before regular folks get a chance so I joined last week (I was a regular member and missed out last week for this very reason). I had my card info saved as well as address etc. It went live at 11 and hell I got my confirmation email at 11:02. We'll see if it falls through. I've seen people post that they still get shafted with cancellations or damaged units in the box.

He's not always right but he is a lot of the time. I've landed 3 through GameStop.

Make sure your payment info is updated at GameStop, set your alert for his Tweet today, & be prepared to respond & checkout aggressively (It's not as bad through GameStop) for a bundle.

Edit: He says it should be at 8:00 PST.

The Pro Membership is $14.99 & should up the odds.

This is the advice that worked for me. Thanks!!!

This is the advice that worked for me. Thanks!!!

Nice to see... I know it's a bundle but with chip shortages & the holiday season approaching, it's probably going to be slim pickens into 2022.

Ratchet & Clank, Returnal, & RE Village are great games.

Nice to see... I know it's a bundle but with chip shortages & the holiday season approaching, it's probably going to be slim pickens into 2022.

Ratchet & Clank, Returnal, & RE Village are great games.
Thanks again. My kid is fired up.

I finally scored on Tuesday by fluke. Gamestop sent an email at 8am saying they were giving Pro members early access to the PS5 bundle drop starting at 10am. I just so happened to be checking my Emails at 10 am.

I logged into my Gamestop account at 10:02 and was finally able to buy it at 10:04. The Captcha was acting really wonky but it finally worked.

PS5 system, Ratchet and Clank, Spiderman ultimate edition, 2nd controller and 1 year of ps plus.
815$ after tax

Wow from the sound of it this was a pretty big number of PS5s that dropped, largest volume since launch maybe? Glad more people are getting it so we can get out of making crossgen stuff

Has everyone gotten one who wants one? StockX's price has started to wane over the past month

Had an amazon deal truck around here with a $500 ps5 w/ disk drive. Put it in my cart but was sold out 2 seconds later. :(

Has everyone gotten one who wants one? StockX's price has started to wane over the past month
Still looking myself. I've heard Amazon UK is receiving this week, so I'm watching as diligently as my schedule and patience allow; plan to ship it internationally from England across North Sea to Nordics if I can land one, and gladly eating the shipping costs in the process. Drop times have been criminally off-hours in the past, as in 3.40 and they're gone by 3.43, lol. Yeah, I'm bushy-tailed and standing by at just the morning hour...

<JagsKiddingMe>

Back