Sherdog Belts

10000 Days

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
What if the belts were based on number of likes instead of posts?

People can just start spamming threads and responses just to get promoted to the next belch.

(in before "Just like this one")

Thoughts?

How about they take away post counts and likes and we just base the whole site on what members say?

Woahhh...

People can just start spamming threads and responses just to get promoted to the next belch.

Thoughts?
People will lose their shit.

What about the old timers who have been here for years before the "like" system was implemented? Their contributions are (in some cases) reflected in post counts.

Who gives a shit about the color of the belt under ones avatar on an MMA forum?

If the color of that thing has any meaning whatsoever to you, then you need to rethink the meaning of life and what you want out of it.

What about the old timers who have been here for years before the "like" system was implemented? Their contributions are (in some cases) reflected in post counts.

Perhaps moving forward? Current doggers retain their belts

My honest opinion:
I like that post and like counters, it is as if I'm getting some XP in a video game.
The belt system is cool too, and I don't really care how is it implemented, as long as it exists.
Maybe some extra perks would be nice for the likes, but switching stuff would make a lot of people upset, just like they were upset when the new design of this forum was implemented.
People don't like changes, but extra features would be nice.

1000 likes gives you the ability to ban any fool you despise for three days. Once used, you need to get another 1000 likes.

Thoughts?
The number of alt accounts would skyrocket!

Perhaps moving forward? Current doggers retain their belts
It doesn't matter to me either way. It took me this long to get to brown belt, so I doubt my posting habits would change no matter what. Having said that, the clowns who get to black belt in a few months are usually not worth paying attention to.

If the color of that thing has any meaning whatsoever to you, then you need to rethink the meaning of life and what you want out of it.

Stfu and know your role purple belt

Jk

Thoughts?

3046312-dc3b7b5d-757d-42bc-b060-89e38be23d07_zps4pxbwpwy.gif
OIaRbzY.gif

That's the kind of thing a purple belt would say.

Spoken like a true purple belt

You disgust me

How about they take away post counts and likes and we just base the whole site on what members say?

Woahhh...

Thinly veiled attempt to leave plat status as the only indicator of poster superiority. Not that I'm complaining of course

Back