Sherdog Has Migrated (Report Issues Here) [Search engine not available for now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buffaloed

Tech
Senior Administrator
Reaction score
It was a long strange trip but we finally made it.
Search has not been set up. We have to leave that disabled.
However there is an alternative search you'll find under the top nav bar called Advanced Search

Please report issues in this thread. It's the most efficient way to handle them if they're all in one thread.

I have noticed across multiple browsers (edge, FF, Chrome) that even being able to get to the forum site is pure happenstance. I repeatedly still get notices that forum is being migrated. I had to google 'sherdog migration' and then jump into a thread from THOSE results and then I was able to log in (and I have cleared all history/cookies in all three aforementioned browsers).

Thanks for any assistance you can offer. Not the end of the world (keeps me on my toes lol) but I am curious as to what might be happening.

I have noticed across multiple browsers (edge, FF, Chrome) that even being able to get to the forum site is pure happenstance. I repeatedly still get notices that forum is being migrated. I had to google 'sherdog migration' and then jump into a thread from THOSE results and then I was able to log in (and I have cleared all history/cookies in all three aforementioned browsers).

Thanks for any assistance you can offer. Not the end of the world (keeps me on my toes lol) but I am curious as to what might be happening.
DNS (Domain Name System) changes are still propagating for some people. We told the great computer in the sky that Sherdog is new IP, but some are still pointed to the old IP. That should resolve quickly.

One way to fix it is to change to use a different DNS Server https://www.howtogeek.com/164981/how-to-switch-to-opendns-or-google-dns-to-speed-up-web-browsing/
https://developers.cloudflare.com/1.1.1.1/setting-up-1.1.1.1/

There's also smartphone apps for Google and Cloudflare DNS

I posted a reply that ended up stuck in the screen that looks like it wasn't actually replied yet with text box still editable, but it did go through.

Advanced search not really working for me. No results... unless you type the exact name of thread title, but who remembers that exactly with precision?

Last edited:
Cool, it started coming back on Chrome a short time ago, thanks!

Why is the standard search bar not there?

+ the advanced search "shows" me thread etc. but i can't click on them..

Same quotes keep getting tagged over and over..

Why is the standard search bar not there?

+ the advanced search "shows" me thread etc. but i can't click on them..
Is there some number next to the search result? If so, click that.

Same quotes keep getting tagged over and over..
I'm guessing double posting from the screen looking like you didn't press post reply.

Last edited by a moderator:
My post history is gone.

Last edited by a moderator:
migrated from on prem to cloud? Or from Azure to AWS? Or did you move t a diff DB?

It was a long strange trip but we finally made it.
Search has not been set up. We have to leave that disabled.
However there is an alternative search you'll find under the top nav bar called Advanced Search

Please report issues in this thread. It's the most efficient way to handle them if they're all in one thread.
All post history before the migration has disappeared .. and if you click on 'find all threads' on your profile, you get directed to a server error..

All post history before the migration has disappeared .. and if you click on 'find all threads' on your profile, you get directed to a server error..

<DCrying>

EDIT: I just received a "This message is awaiting moderator approval, and is invisible to normal visitors" in this same answer.

Is this a new function or is particularly in this thread? Is available for TS or just admins/mods?

Post History = Search (not indexed). You can find some by using member search in advanced search. Just put in the username and enter.

Post History = Search (not indexed). You can find some by using member search in advanced search. Just put in the username and enter.

I use Sherdog on my phone, the search function has totally disappeared.

I use Sherdog on my phone, the search function has totally disappeared.
They'll get back to it after they finish all the migrations. That's on a deadline. They didn't anticipate having to make modifications to get elasticsearch to work with Amazon servers.

They'll get back to it after they finish all the migrations. That's on a deadline. They didn't anticipate having to make modifications to get elasticsearch to work with Amazon servers.

Cool as, thanks

I just wasn’t sure if you were aware of it

EDIT: I just received a "This message is awaiting moderator approval, and is invisible to normal visitors" in this same answer.

Is this a new function or is particularly in this thread? Is available for TS or just admins/mods?
This feature is newer but has been in place for sometime now; content approval is at the Staff-level, not TS, and at the heart of it allows for gating topical and remedial contribution to Support only. Chitchat or off-colour remarks, for example, are at odds with the FAQ, forum-experience mission statement of the sub.

As others have said, I'm on Android and the search function no longer exists.

Other than that, killer diller move

Unfortunately timed though thanks to that rascally Jon Jones

I've noticed since they implemented the newest iteration of the adblocker removal ad; the "most popular" (or whatever its meant to be) section of forum posts that is displayed on the home page is the same as it was 3 or 4 days ago.

As someone with limited time; i come & check those few posts & leave. Seeing the same posts on the front page for days has killed my motivation to go to sherdog entirely.

So has the Evolve Media maintenance already happened, or is it being delayed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back