Sherdog Movie Club — End (Rebooted!?)

My problem is the same as @europe1 , I've been around since week 1, that's 5 years of doing this every week. I'm also not a fan of the royal rumble format, which I could get past, maybe, but then you also want to destroy that the old club ever even existed, change the name, reset the movie list, etc.

Even if I could get by all that, I'm still fatigued. Like @europe1 though, I'm a fickle bitch and I still love movies so I don't know at this point.

I can give you a strong maybe today.

Understandable.

As for the changes, if the old format and history was of some great value then I wouldn't be the only guy looking to step in when the club is being set adrift. Not changing things when the club had lost interest and gone stale doesn't make much sense. On the plus side, I'm clearly not afraid to change things up to find whatever works best for everyone. :)

We'll be here. So if you're gonna keep watching movies then I hope you keep watching them with us.

<{JustBleed}>

<209Bitch>

<28>

Understandable.

As for the changes, if the old format and history was of some great value then I wouldn't be the only guy looking to step in when the club is being set adrift. Not changing things when the club had lost interest and gone stale doesn't make much sense. On the plus side, I'm clearly not afraid to change things up to find whatever works best for everyone. :)

We'll be here. So if you're gonna keep watching movies then I hope you keep watching them with us.

<{JustBleed}>

<209Bitch>

<28>

And just when do you plan on starting this?

And just when do you plan on starting this?

Am planning to post the first nominations thread tomorrow night, unless too many people drag ass in getting them to me. Got three so far. So long as there's at least five then it's game on.

To address the history thing in a little more detail, I get how that kinda sucks. But like you pointed out, five years is a long time for something like this. Most everyone wasn't around for all of it like you. So if a movie were to get covered that was done in the past it's going to be a different set of people discussing it and a different discussion will ensue. And if it wins the nomination it's because enough people are interested in it compared to the other choices. If everyone has already seen it then chances are it won't win. At least from my experience people like to vote for shit they haven't seen.

Am planning to post the first nominations thread tomorrow night, unless too many people drag ass in getting them to me. Got three so far. So long as there's at least five then it's game on.

To address the history thing in a little more detail, I get how that kinda sucks. But like you pointed out, five years is a long time for something like this. Most everyone wasn't around for all of it like you. So if a movie were to get covered that was done in the past it's going to be a different set of people discussing it and a different discussion will ensue. And if it wins the nomination it's because enough people are interested in it compared to the other choices. If everyone has already seen it then chances are it won't win. At least from my experience people like to vote for shit they haven't seen.
So we need to PM you a nomination? Is there a theme or just whatever we want?

You're a man of action.

iu
2970f771cf9bcb1625a8478ef80eb865.jpg

I try.

@sickc0d3r, include a blurb about why we should watch your selection.

This is what we do.

I'm not going to be a full member but would you please add me to the tag list? I'll stop by and read the threads and maybe chime in the discussion here and there

Many fondly remembered discussions over the time. Thanks for @europe1 and everyone else! The first one I ever attended was Light Sleeper which I actually watched again recently. Looking back I was maybe slightly off with couple reads there, but what a great movie it still was. Another SMC Schrader movie First Reformed has been popping up in my mind over and over again and I've changed my mind on it countless times. I wrote down my "final" thoughts about it last Christmas and only a month ago changed my mind about it almost completely.

<{hughesimpress}>

Many fondly remembered discussions over the time. Thanks for @europe1 and everyone else! The first one I ever attended was Light Sleeper which I actually watched again recently. Looking back I was maybe slightly off with couple reads there, but what a great movie it still was. Another SMC Schrader movie First Reformed has been popping up in my mind over and over again and I've changed my mind on it countless times. I wrote down my "final" thoughts about it last Christmas and only a month ago changed my mind about it almost completely.

<{hughesimpress}>

First Reformed was definitely one of the more memorable we watched. I think for me Borgman was the film that left the biggest impression on me and stuck in my mind for a long time

My problem is the same as @europe1 , I've been around since week 1, that's 5 years of doing this every week. I'm also not a fan of the royal rumble format, which I could get past, maybe, but then you also want to destroy that the old club ever even existed, change the name, reset the movie list, etc.

Even if I could get by all that, I'm still fatigued. Like @europe1 though, I'm a fickle bitch and I still love movies so I don't know at this point.

I can give you a strong maybe today.

Would be great to have you around, you're one the best contributors. But it's understandable if you feel like leaving after so many years of service

<RomeroSalute>

Would be great to have you around, you're one the best contributors. But it's understandable if you feel like leaving after so many years of service

<RomeroSalute>

I'm sure I'll be here man, at least in some capacity. Its not like I stopped liking movies.

{<redford}

Back