Sherdog PC Build/Buy Thread, v6: My Power Supply Burned Down My House

The "best" GPU in stock at my Microcenter is a Radeon 7750 for $220. :confused:
They do have 25 5600Xs back in though.

KCEjVg8.jpg

Goddamn. It's just as bad on the PCPP. Best GPU in new condition for under $150 I'm seeing is the RX 550, and that's through Amazon Marketplace sellers.

Looks like we're back in a cryptoboom.

this is why i didn't bother grabbing a 5800x. although, i suppose i could have bought all the 5000 series that i could and just put them on ebay. but i never feel right about that shit.

i guess i did have a bunch of chances at gpus, but figured they'd be out by the time i got to micro center, unlike the cpus.
Yeah you could do that if say, people around the country were having a hard time finding the CPUs, but you don’t seem to believe that that is the case

<{chips}>

Yeah you could do that if say, people around the country were having a hard time finding the CPUs, but you don’t seem to believe that that is the case

<{chips}>

i certainly believe that a lot of clueless people believe this, yes. you and others here made that abundantly clear, even going so far as to make snarky posts like the above - after 2 of us posted inventories until people bitched. after i posted screenshots and links of being able to literally find one within minutes of being called out.

but yeah, they're totally fucking impossible to find. /s

<LikeReally5>

(and definitely don't look 4 posts above yours)

i certainly believe that a lot of clueless people believe this, yes. you and others here made that abundantly clear, even going so far as to make snarky posts like the above - after 2 of us posted inventories until people bitched. after i posted screenshots and links of being able to literally find one within minutes of being called out.

but yeah, they're totally fucking impossible to find. /s

<LikeReally5>

(and definitely don't look 4 posts above yours)
Out of curiosity, do you know what anecdotal evidence is? I mean we both know you don’t but I’m sure you’ll do a quick Google before you reply with more bullshit <45>

Out of curiosity, do you know what anecdotal evidence is? I mean we both know you don’t but I’m sure you’ll do a quick Google before you reply with more bullshit <45>

...yeah, it's all you have.

So you didn’t even Google it. Well keep sounding stupid I guess

lolz @ thinking actual inventories and sales figures is anecdotal evidence.

lolzors @ even bringing up a criticism of anecdotal evidence when your sole argument is... anecdotal.

<6>

On behalf of PC building enthusiasts and gamers I would like to address the crypto mining community:
Dear sirs,
May I kindly wish for you to get anally raped by rabid grizzly bears that carry AIDS.
With best regards,
PC enthusiast.
This coupled with your av is making me giggle way too much.

It’s even worse than it was in 2018.

lolz @ thinking actual inventories and sales figures is anecdotal evidence.

lolzors @ even bringing up a criticism of anecdotal evidence when your sole argument is... anecdotal.

<6>
So you finally did google it? or you just throwing it out there like you did false equivalency hoping that would stick?
<{Heymansnicker}>
I guess, just throwing it out there since linking news articles about the shortage isn't anecdotal.

But hey, they are actually in stock this week! So if you carry on forever, eventually you will be right. I plan to pull a Rob and going into the PS5 thread as soon as the shortage ends and start quoting and making fun of everyone who couldn't find one

So you finally did google it? or you just throwing it out there like you did false equivalency hoping that would stick?
<{Heymansnicker}>
I guess, just throwing it out there since linking news articles about the shortage isn't anecdotal.

But hey, they are actually in stock this week! So if you carry on forever, eventually you will be right. I plan to pull a Rob and going into the PS5 thread as soon as the shortage ends and start quoting and making fun of everyone who couldn't find one

and last week. and the week before. and the week before. and the week before. and the week before. and the week before...

please cite whatever evidence you have, especially anything that's not anecdotal. i'll wait.

and last week. and the week before. and the week before. and the week before. and the week before. and the week before...

please cite whatever evidence you have, especially anything that's not anecdotal. i'll wait.
You want me to go back like two or three pages of this thread and quote myself? Why would I bother? I’m still not convinced you understand the term. Furthermore you already admitted it was scarce so you lost.

You want me to go back like two or three pages of this thread and quote myself? Why would I bother? I’m still not convinced you understand the term. Furthermore you already admitted it was scarce so you lost.

wat

i said GPUs were scarce.

lolz @ you going from anecdotal evidence to now... zero evidence, at all. lolz @ STILL trying to argue these are unobtanium - when most/all of us either have them or turned down buying them.

i mean... ffs, man.

https://www.microcenter.com/product...cessor-with-wraith-stealth-cooler?storeid=181 25+ @ denver

<LikeReally5>

i suppose i could have bought all the 5000 series that i could and just put them on ebay. but i never feel right about that shit.
wat

i said GPUs were scarce.

lolz @ you going from anecdotal evidence to now... zero evidence, at all. lolz @ STILL trying to argue these are unobtanium - when most/all of us either have them or turned down buying them.

i mean... ffs, man.

https://www.microcenter.com/product...cessor-with-wraith-stealth-cooler?storeid=181 25+ @ denver

<LikeReally5>

And now you’re just lying. I guess we really are done here

And now you’re just lying. I guess we really are done here

prove it or

<BidenShutIt>

also, i just posted a link to a denver micro center with plenty of these in stock. let me guess... instead of getting one and shutting the fuck up, you'll be bitching for another month that these are unobtanbium.

edit: genius, the posts you quoted refer to the lack of GPUs. i stated numerously that i didn't want a CPU without a GPU. fucking derp.

Last edited:
wat

i said GPUs were scarce.

i mean... ffs, man.

<LikeReally5>

Looks like these are available at my MC as well. I have no interest in upgrading my CPU but good to know. Maybe if Biden gives me my stimulus I'll go stimulate my local MC.

prove it or

<BidenShutIt>

also, i just posted a link to a denver micro center with plenty of these in stock. let me guess... instead of getting one and shutting the fuck up, you'll be bitching for another month that these are unobtanbium.

edit: genius, the posts you quoted refer to the lack of GPUs. i stated numerously that i didn't want a CPU without a GPU. fucking derp.
Did you already forget how I started today off saying it’s now finally in stock in my area? I mean that was today. Holy shit you might be retarded

I also never said I even wanted a 5600x. I was just calling you out when you were griefing another poster who said they couldn’t find it like a month. But since you already forgot some shit that happened today I guess I can’t expect you to remember something that happened a month ago.

So check it out, since you seem to want me to stop beating me up maybe don’t @ me about it in multiple threads.
<36>

Back