Sherdog PC Build/Buy Thread, v6: My Power Supply Burned Down My House

Those should be optional updates in Windows, but Gigabyte also has utility software. Seems like sometimes Windows fails to fetch the latest firmware versions. So you start with the "App Center", and then download whichever extension apps you desire from within it. This includes all the other software you see here. No need to download them since App Center fetches and installs them.
https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B550-AORUS-PRO-AC-rev-1x/support#support-dl-utility

When you launch the app center, there will be an icon along the top bar of its window on the right; the icon is an arrow pointing downwards. Click that. This will find all the updates for your firmware. Just be careful to uncheck the spamware they always try to package-- specifically in the "Third Party Software" section at the bottom. Shit like Norton & Google Toolbar. Also, go into Settings and calibrate it so that it doesn't update automatically (or it will download this shit).
I would like to note, Gigabyte always seems to be behind when it comes to the chipset drivers for AMD. It's always best to get them directly from AMD.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/x570

Hard to keep track of all the beers I owe everyone. You guys are fucking awesome

Best part of all is with that killer rig, seven weeks from now the only thing you’ll actually be using it for will be Diablo II Resurrected which would likely be capable of running on a potato.

Okay this has happened a total of three times, all three times when playing Resident Evil VIII.

It just happened on Doom Eternal as well. Took a bit longer but it happened.

The fans are going like crazy. Can someone help? Am I overheating?

Open the Event Viewer program, it might be able to tell you what kind of error occurred

Did you download the HWInfo software I linked above? Keep that open while running the game. It will show you your temps. If they're tremendously bad they will be in yellow or red.

A long sustained beep is usually a warning of some kind.

Did you download the HWInfo software I linked above? Keep that open while running the game. It will show you your temps. If they're tremendously bad they will be in yellow or red.

A long sustained beep is usually a warning of some kind.
You mean this? If you're talking about the Active Clock Window it's green unless I move the mouse, at which point it turns yellow. I don't see the temps anywhere
Halp.png

Okay here's a shot of the CPU Temps. At Idle it seems to hang around 41-42
Halp-2.png

Okay here's a shot of the CPU Temps. At Idle it seems to hang around 41-42
Halp-2.png
Yes, here. Your CPU temps are very good. Can't see your GPU temps.

Your RAM is active at 4000MHz. You might try disabling the XMP profile and see if the problem repeats. I doubt the a stability issue with the RAM is causing a beep like that, but it's worth trying.

So I booted up RE VIII and when the beep happened I SS'd immediately, it may have been a little higher than this but

Halp-3.png

Okay I'm looking at the iCUE software for Capellix water cooler

It says to have shut down at 70 degrees, and I noticed my CPU got to 71.8
I don't know. Could this be it??
Halp-4.png

So I booted up RE VIII and when the beep happened I SS'd immediately, it may have been a little higher than this but

When something like this occurs you always backtrack to what was the last change you made. If you did enable XMP for your Ram in the Bios. Go back and disable it.

When something like this occurs you always backtrack to what was the last change you made. If you did enable XMP for your Ram in the Bios. Go back and disable it.
I haven't done anything though-- but maybe that's the issue? Do you think I should enable XMP?

Do you think I should enable XMP?

No.

You found the problem in your AIO. Temperature threshold is to low forcing the shutdown.

As a side question when this was happening earlier. What was the temperature of the room Pc was in?

No.

You found the problem in your AIO. Temperature threshold is to low forcing the shutdown.

As a side question when this was happening earlier. What was the temperature of the room Pc was in?
Wait what do you mean? Are you talking about the iCUE software warning? I disabled it, and I'm still getting the beep :(

My place is about 73-75.

I'm really disappointed. Should I take this to a PC repair place?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back