Sherdog PC Build/Buy Thread, v6: My Power Supply Burned Down My House

First go to your motherboard page to download and then install the chipset driver. Restart the Pc, and do some gaming to see if the beeping happens again.
I think I did that, but I will double check in the morning. Thank you for your help man

Wait what do you mean? Are you talking about the iCUE software warning? I disabled it, and I'm still getting the beep :(

My place is about 73-75.

I'm really disappointed. Should I take this to a PC repair place?

Are all your fans plugged into the Corsair hub thing? If so, you might need to go into the bios and disable the monitoring of your fans and cpu cooler.

Try running your games without hardware64 running. On my system if I run iCue and hardware64 I lose fan speed control in iCue.

Last edited:
I just turned it on--- everything is lighting up but-- there is no video!

I plugged HDMi into card first, but then switched to on board- but nothing is happening. Can anyone help?

20210801-200617.jpg
Sick. Nice and clean. Really good job, especially for a first build

<mma4>

Edit: just saw you were having issues

Last edited:
Okay I'm looking at the iCUE software for Capellix water cooler

It says to have shut down at 70 degrees, and I noticed my CPU got to 71.8
I don't know. Could this be it??
Halp-4.png
Ooof. My first instinct is that something is wrong with that aio. Try googling the model you bought. A 3 fan radiator aio probably shouldn’t jump to over 70 degrees. 70 degrees also isn’t that hot for a cpu, so if i brings you any piece of mind I don’t think you’re damaging it.

I would follow the other steps from users in this thread, but I’m suspecting something is wrong with your aio. Either the pump or the fans is my guess. Make sure all the fans are all spinning

So I booted up RE VIII and when the beep happened I SS'd immediately, it may have been a little higher than this but

Halp-3.png

Okay I'm looking at the iCUE software for Capellix water cooler

It says to have shut down at 70 degrees, and I noticed my CPU got to 71.8
I don't know. Could this be it??
Halp-4.png
Whatever the issue is it isn't temp related, so breathe out. These temps are nowhere close to problematic.
I haven't done anything though-- but maybe that's the issue? Do you think I should enable XMP?
Your XMP is enabled-- must have been enabled by default. That's a small surprise, but not bizarre. You can tell this from the main panel in HWInfo (the top right frame from screenshot in post #4072). In the "Clock" field you see 2000MHz (it's showing A-DIMM slotted stick). Just double that. That means the RAM is running at 4000MHz.

Ooof. My first instinct is that something is wrong with that aio. Try googling the model you bought. A 3 fan radiator aio probably shouldn’t jump to over 70 degrees. 70 degrees also isn’t that hot for a cpu, so if i brings you any piece of mind I don’t think you’re damaging it.

I would follow the other steps from users in this thread, but I’m suspecting something is wrong with your aio. Either the pump or the fans is my guess. Make sure all the fans are all spinning
It's nowhere close to damaging the hardware. I suggest we table the discussion of whether those temps may be disappointingly high, because they aren't anywhere close to what would trigger warnings, and that's all we're trying to eliminate first, as a possible cause, because it's the most urgent problem to establish isn't the problem, since that could threaten the health of the hardware.

Welp, I figured out what was going on. I had it plugged into a fucking battery backup. I've always done that, the thing is this motherfucker consumes so much power it was overloading it.

I just got done playing REVIII for about ten minutes, no beep. Here are the temps. It seemed to hang around 65-66 for the most part, the fans really kicked in, but no beep.

@Blayt7hh @Madmick What should be the ideal temp under load given the liquid cooling? I also included the fanspeed/coolant temps

I want to say that I didn't screw the cooler on as absolute tightly as I could have, I was worried about stripping but I felt it was very snug.

Durr.png

Should be getting my 5900x and B550 installed sometime this week with an m.2 drive. 1TB drive. I have another 1TB SSD.

My current cooler is a Hyper 212. I've heard it works for the 5900x but isn't the greatest. As long as I don't overclock it will it be passable for now?

Last edited:
Welp, I figured out what was going on. I had it plugged into a fucking battery backup. I've always done that, the thing is this motherfucker consumes so much power it was overloading it.

I just got done playing REVIII for about ten minutes, no beep. Here are the temps. It seemed to hang around 65-66 for the most part, the fans really kicked in, but no beep.

@Blayt7hh @Madmick What should be the ideal temp under load given the liquid cooling? I also included the fanspeed/coolant temps

I want to say that I didn't screw the cooler on as absolute tightly as I could have, I was worried about stripping but I felt it was very snug.

Durr.png
I guess I missed this when you resounded. What is your cpu cooler exactly? I would just google it and see what other people are getting. 60s are plenty good though

So, my updated stats:

ASUS ROG Strix B550-f Gaming mobo
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
16 gb of Corsair Vengeance RAM
MSI GTX 1070

It has an m.2 drive for a boot drive. Other than the 1070 (on the queue list for EVGA 3090) only thing I can think of needing to maybe upgrade now is the RAM but I figure 16 is close to enough needed to run anything I want. 32 might be fun admittedly though.

only thing I can think of needing to maybe upgrade now is the RAM but I figure 16 is close to enough needed to run anything I want. 32 might be fun admittedly though.

AMD CPU's will perform better with higher frequency ram.

We are approaching the area where 32gigs of ram are becoming needed.

AMD CPU's will perform better with higher frequency ram.

We are approaching the area where 32gigs of ram are becoming needed.
I know Corsair is a well liked/reviewed brand for RAM but past them and like Trident are there other companies that make good sticks? This is all rather new to me.

This is all rather new to me.

I use 2x16gig Trident. Only problem i had at purchase was not being able to run them at their top frequency. This was resolved last year by the motherboard manufacture with a Bios upgrade.

Should be a non-issue today for the AM4 socket been out for a long time.

I use 2x16gig Trident. Only problem i had at purchase was not being able to run them at their top frequency. This was resolved last year by the motherboard manufacture with a Bios upgrade.

Should be a non-issue today for the AM4 socket been out for a long time.
Time to begin browsing RAM lol.

It never ends.

Back