Sherdog UFC 261 LIVE Recap Show

Who is the welterweight GOAT?

• Total voters

JayPettryMMA

Danger Zone Aficionado
Staff member
Forum Administrator
Reaction score
Join Sherdog Senior Editor Ben Duffy and Sherdog Radio Network Executive Producer Keith Shillan as the two break down all of the insanity that came from UFC 261 tonight.

If you have questions, post them in the YT chat, and the hosts will get to them.

I'm just in awe at how amazing this card was

I'm so exhausted after all of it

People saying it’s karma for Weidman is grinding my gears a bit too. No one deserves their leg broken like that, and it’s just stupid anyway because karma if you believe in it is to do with the morality of an action.

People saying it’s karma for Weidman is grinding my gears a bit too. No one deserves their leg broken like that, and it’s just stupid anyway because karma if you believe in it is to do with the morality of an action.
I'm with you on that, it felt crappy for people to trash on Weidman after that. Even if Weidman celebrated after Silva did that, it doesn't mean it should happen to him and that he deserved it. Weidman checked a kick, I don't even think that Hall fully checked it...I think it just exploded on impact.

I'm with you on that, it felt crappy for people to trash on Weidman after that. Even if Weidman celebrated after Silva did that, it doesn't mean it should happen to him and that he deserved it. Weidman checked a kick, I don't even think that Hall fully checked it...I think it just exploded on impact.

I think he was just celebrating his win, but I get how Anderson fans wouldn’t like that. Also the Anderson Weidman 2 fight ended in round 2, so Chris probably felt like he’d been in more of a fight than Hall and was naturally more emotional, especially if like you said he intended to check the kick where as Hall didn’t really check it at all, Weidman just blasted him full force.

Streamers have defeated the UFC

Dana White just conceded

He may not be a fan fave and not have the charisma like GSP, but you gotta admire the skills, determination, and class of Usman. He has the potential to be the greatest WW of all time certainly. Knowing that he has surpassed GSP's win streak, catching up with GSP or Hughes' title defenses should be another motivation to elevate his status. He's on the right track. Good luck to his rematch with Colby.

Back