Sherdog's UFC on ESPN 27 Post-Fight Recap Show

JayPettryMMA

Danger Zone Aficionado
Staff member
Forum Administrator
Reaction score
Join Sherdog senior editor Ben Duffy and Sherdog Radio Network executive producer Keith Shillan as the two break down the fights from tonight. It was a heck of a card, and there's a ton to talk about.

Join the live conversation in the YouTube chat!

Back in the day I called into SRN after Pettis beat Henderson in the UFC. I said I was "Ben from Henderson". I predicted Stipes rise to the title (kind of but not really). I ragged on TJ and Sherdog for saying Stipe wasn't an athletic HW even though he was a D1 baseball player.... I have no I idea if he was D1 I just wanted to call em up and talk some shit that night.

The maverick robbery was brutal. TJ proved how tough he is but I thought he lost. Close fight though
Yeah I rarely use the word robbery but I watched that one and thought it was easy to score for Fear the Maverick 29-28. I’ll check media scores later & add it to this post.

Edited to add:
MEDIA SCORES
Stephie Haynes BloodyElbow.com28-29 Maverick
Paul Fontaine WrestlingObserver.com28-29 Maverick
Dominik Durniat Polsat Sport28-29 Maverick
Drake Riggs TheBodyLockMMA.com28-29 Maverick
Seán Sheehan SevereMMA.com28-29 Maverick
Scott Fontana Couchside Judges28-29 Maverick
Michael DeSantis MMASucka.com28-29 Maverick
Ryan Frederick WrestlingObserver.com28-29 Maverick
Dayne Fox BloodyElbow.com28-29 Maverick
Rob Tatum CombatPress.com28-29 Maverick
MMAJunkie.com28-29
Maverick
Keith Shillan Sherdog.com28-29 Maverick
Jillian DeCoursey CombatPress.com28-29 Maverick
José Youngs FanSided.com28-29 Maverick
Shawn Bitter Cageside Press28-29 Maverick
MMAMania.com28-29
Maverick
Tim Burke BloodyElbow.com28-29 Maverick
Tyler Treese Sherdog.com28-29 Maverick
Lev Pisarsky Sherdog.com28-29 Maverick
Jay Pettry Sherdog.com28-29 Maverick
http://mmadecisions.com/decision/12160/Maycee-Barber-vs-Miranda-Maverick

Also, though I scored it 3-2 TJ, I can totally see why you’d score it for Sandhagen. Did you see his post-fight interview? He wasn’t whining - seems a chill guy - but said that he thought he won because he caused all the damage. There’s a good argument to be made that he is correct. He was unscathed and said he can fight again any time.

Last edited:
Back in the day I called into SRN after Pettis beat Henderson in the UFC. I said I was "Ben from Henderson". I predicted Stipes rise to the title (kind of but not really). I ragged on TJ and Sherdog for saying Stipe wasn't an athletic HW even though he was a D1 baseball player.... I have no I idea if he was D1 I just wanted to call em up and talk some shit that night.
Lol. One time I heard Karen Bryant say text us and we’ll try and answer a question here. She read it on air and even pronounced my handle correctly. Joubain discussed it seriously and Bisping made some facetious remark so I was happy. Life’s simple pleasures.

Yeah I rarely use the word robbery but I watched that one and thought it was easy to score for Fear the Maverick 29-28. I’ll check media scores later & add it to this post.

Also, though I scored it 3-2 TJ, I can totally see why you’d score it for Sandhagen. Did you see his post-fight interview? He wasn’t whining - seems a chill guy - but said that he thought he won because he caused all the damage. There’s a good argument to be made that he is correct. He was unscathed and said he can fight again any time.
Meanwhile Dillishaw looked like he got hit by a truck

A torn MCL? Wouldn’t the fight be off?

MCL (medial collateral ligament) and LCL (lateral) - depends on how bad the tear is and your threshold for pain. ACL (anterior cruciate) is the worst.

I blew all three out (docs call 'the terrible triad') in a snowboarding mishap. Turned out a blessing. Got me into meditating and being grateful. After a year of rehab the day of return on a mountain I cried tears of joy. Just don't race / catch air any more lol.

Edited to add:
MEDIA SCORES
Stephie Haynes BloodyElbow.com28-29 Maverick
Paul Fontaine WrestlingObserver.com28-29 Maverick
Dominik Durniat Polsat Sport28-29 Maverick
Seán Sheehan SevereMMA.com28-29 Maverick
Scott Fontana Couchside Judges28-29 Maverick
Michael DeSantis MMASucka.com28-29 Maverick
Dayne Fox BloodyElbow.com28-29 Maverick
Rob Tatum CombatPress.com28-29 Maverick
MMAJunkie.com28-29
Maverick
Keith Shillan Sherdog.com28-29 Maverick
Jillian DeCoursey CombatPress.com28-29 Maverick
José Youngs FanSided.com28-29 Maverick
Shawn Bitter Cageside Press28-29 Maverick
MMAMania.com28-29
Maverick
Tim Burke BloodyElbow.com28-29 Maverick
Tyler Treese Sherdog.com28-29 Maverick
Lev Pisarsky Sherdog.com28-29 Maverick
Jay Pettry Sherdog.com28-29 Maverick
http://mmadecisions.com/decision/12160/Maycee-Barber-vs-Miranda-Maverick

Lol so not one media person scored it for Maycee? Wild. Ya I saw his post fight in the cage but changed it after that. TJ was really wearing it after the fight and Cory looked good to go. That decision wasn’t the worst as it was a close fight. Kudos to him for not whining

Back