Sherparents - what’s the appropriate reaction here? Sherlawyers chime in too please.

What a stupid cunt. She very clearly lacks the common sense to be anywhere around children. Astoundingly tone deaf.

100% she should be fired and never be allowed in a similar environment.

I saw this old video just now.

The kids were scared of the police..... Also apparently the Easter Bunny is another trigger for a lot of kids.

Wonder how the kids acted when they heard that they would be going to the daycare after that...

I wonder if those who justify this also are the type who believe that bullying is a vital part of childhood.

As a Sherlawyer and Sherparent, who gives a shit. Absolutely non-fireable.

What? First of all, it’s a daycare so presumably it’s non-unionized workforce, meaning basically anything and everything is fireable.

Second of all, it would be easy to establish termination for just cause here. First, as care providers they’re in a position of trust over those children and are causing them emotional distress. Secondly, their actions are jeopardizing both the reputation of the daycare to the general public, but also possibly jeopardizing the facility’s operating license with their regulatory body for the first reason: causing emotional distress to their charges. Third, that kind of conduct would fall well below the threshold expected within the industry, and depending on the jurisdiction it occurred in, the workers may have their own regulatory body with whom they’re licensed and that conduct would not align with their standards of practice.

Their conduct is absolutely worthy of termination for cause and they’d have utterly abysmal chances in a wrongful dismissal claim, or if by some chance they were in fact unionized, equally abysmal chances at a grievance labour arbitration.

I don't think it's as big a deal as the people talking about committing violence on the women, but it's pretty shitty and the termination is justified. Why the fuck would you think that's the appropriate way to treat other people's kids? I'm the guy in my family who does stuff like that to my kids and my nieces and nephews. Once you see that a kid is clearly upset, you back off. You don't keep pushing, especially if it isn't your child. As far as the "they were bad" bit goes, terror isn't appropriate punishment for a daycare.

On a related note, the number of horror stories (most way worse than this of course) that come out of daycares is nuts. These employees need to be vetted. Clearly some of them are just shitty people taking a job where they can have authority. These are the people who take care of toddlers.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...puts-Halloween-mask-SCREAMS-children-bad.html

daycare worker was trying to have some innocent fun but because someone video taped it now a few are out of jobs.

Big deal or not a big deal?

how would you react if this happened to your kid?

sherlaw - is there any laws potentially broken here?
Big deal. If it was my child in there I am pressing charges at best, or paying people to follow her home and give her the beating of her life, possibly breaking bones, at worst. Depends on what my child would tell me.

That bitch would get me in a ski mask after her shift
Ha ha ! So much. I thought of that but then it could easily get back to me and then I go to jail. Better to have other people do it.

I don't think it's as big a deal as the people talking about committing violence on the women, but it's pretty shitty and the termination is justified. Why the fuck would you think that's the appropriate way to treat other people's kids? I'm the guy in my family who does stuff like that to my kids and my nieces and nephews. Once you see that a kid is clearly upset, you back off. You don't keep pushing, especially if it isn't your child. As far as the "they were bad" bit goes, terror isn't appropriate punishment for a daycare.

On a related note, the number of horror stories (most way worse than this of course) that come out of daycares is nuts. These employees need to be vetted. Clearly some of them are just shitty people taking a job where they can have authority. These are the people who take care of toddlers.
No, violence is on the table. When you decide to go out of your way to traumatise children like that, then it's open season when parents find out.

I don't think there's anything wrong with bringing the mask and making scary noises initially if your thinking behind doing so was that the kids would probably find it funny, but once it becomes clear that they're terrified to keep on doing it is fucking retarded.

I’d be pissed for sure. Daycares are supposed to be a place where young kids feel safe. Mine would be out of there that day. Young kids are easily traumatized and things like that stick with them.

Doing that to 10-12 year olds is way different than 2-4 year olds….

No, violence is on the table. When you decide to go out of your way to traumatise children like that, then it's open season when parents find out.
I'm not saying that it isn't possible that a parent could react violently to that. I'm saying that it isn't reasonable.

What? First of all, it’s a daycare so presumably it’s non-unionized workforce, meaning basically anything and everything is fireable.

Second of all, it would be easy to establish termination for just cause here. First, as care providers they’re in a position of trust over those children and are causing them emotional distress. Secondly, their actions are jeopardizing both the reputation of the daycare to the general public, but also possibly jeopardizing the facility’s operating license with their regulatory body for the first reason: causing emotional distress to their charges. Third, that kind of conduct would fall well below the threshold expected within the industry, and depending on the jurisdiction it occurred in, the workers may have their own regulatory body with whom they’re licensed and that conduct would not align with their standards of practice.

Their conduct is absolutely worthy of termination for cause and they’d have utterly abysmal chances in a wrongful dismissal claim, or if by some chance they were in fact unionized, equally abysmal chances at a grievance labour arbitration.
Yeah I'm an idiot and was simply talking in my capacity as a sher-parent. I'm frankly such a shitty parent putting on a scream mask to scare kids constitutes good parenting in my book.

Back