Sherparents - what’s the appropriate reaction here? Sherlawyers chime in too please.

Apparently the person video taping did so because she had repeatedly complained to the owner about her coworkers behavior and the owner didn't do anything about it.

I can't fathom how incredibly stupid and lacking in empathy one must be to hear a room full of toddlers screaming and crying and think, hey, this is funny I should continue. What an absolutely garbage human being.

Nah. I'm ok with some halloween fun, but those are 2-3 year olds, they're too young to be scaring them and shit. That's not right.

I wouldn't take it further but I'd definitely take my girl somewhere else. All the caretakers should be fired since they were all joining in the "fun", taping and laughing.

Sounds like an excuse to be a coward parent who won t protect his child from predatory adults.
Lol @ calling someone a predatory adult and wanting to call the cops because they scared a kid with a Halloween mask.

Get a grasp on reality you goof

daycare worker was trying to have some innocent fun…

This is not innocent. It’s extremely stupid and mean-spirited.

Parents pay a lot of money and put their trust in child care providers. You expect them to provide a developmentally-appropriate experience. This obviously isn’t it.

Im a parent and I pay a shitload of money for my son’s preschool. If this happened, I would:

1. Pull him out and find a new school.
2. Discuss what happened with the school director.
3. Talk to other parents about it.

If their staff could have judgement this poor, I’d want to know if there are any other incidents the parents don’t know about.

Parents pay a lot of money and put their trust in child care providers. You expect them to provide a developmentally-appropriate experience. This obviously isn’t it.

Im a parent and I pay a shitload of money for my son’s preschool. If this happened, I would:

If their staff could have judgement this poor, I’d want to know if there are any other incidents the parents don’t know about.

Before tax money, you’re not getting the best of the best..
How much does a Day Care Worker I make in the United States? The average Day Care Worker I salary in the United States is $29,800 as of September 26, 2022, but the range typically falls between $26,400 and $33,200. Salary ranges can vary widely depending on many important factors, including education, certifications, additional skills, the number of years you have spent in your profession. With more online, real-time compensation data than any other website, Salary.com helps you determine your exact pay target.

Obviously she should be fired because I'm assuming some of the parents are going to pull their kids out of there. If she's stupid enough to think that was a good idea, I don't want her teaching my kid.

Before tax money, you’re not getting the best of the best..
How much does a Day Care Worker I make in the United States? The average Day Care Worker I salary in the United States is $29,800 as of September 26, 2022, but the range typically falls between $26,400 and $33,200. Salary ranges can vary widely depending on many important factors, including education, certifications, additional skills, the number of years you have spent in your profession. With more online, real-time compensation data than any other website, Salary.com helps you determine your exact pay target.

I send my son to a Montessori preschool. Not a daycare.

It’s pretty good.

I send my son to a Montessori preschool. Not a daycare.

It’s pretty good.

Hopefully they have a different pay scale that will attract a higher caliber of employee
Shit is ass backwards, we pay sports guys hundreds of millions of dollars, but when it comes to caring for our elderly and our young, we pay shit, and then get surprised when things go off the rails…

Hopefully they have a different pay scale that will attract a higher caliber of employee
Shit is ass backwards, we pay sports guys hundreds of millions of dollars, but when it comes to caring for our elderly and our young, we pay shit, and then get surprised when things go off the rails…

And we are shocked when we find out about the elder abuse in nursing homes from people making minimum wage.

I don’t know what their payscale is but his teacher is Montessori certified and they use a Montessori curriculum. My wife and maintain regular communication with her. My boy is only four but he’s already reading, doing basic math and has learned a ton of sign language.

I had a friend in my younger years who was an absolute piece of shit. Been fired from every job he ever had. Was in out of trouble with the law all the time. Was a daily drunk/stoner. He was able to get a job at major daycare chain as a child care provider. That opened my eyes to how low the standards can be at these places. I’m lucky to be able to send my kid to a high-quality place, but I also make personal sacrifices fo afford it.

Yeah that's not appropriate, especially in this context.

Yeah, this isn't ok. As a parent of 2 young kids, this wouldn't sit well with me at all. Don't get it twisted, I like to scare my oldest from time to time, but you gotta read the reactions. If they are visibly terrified and crying, you're doing something wrong.

Agreed. I was being facetious when i said innocent. I think it was an incredibly stupid and damaging action.

What? First of all, it’s a daycare so presumably it’s non-unionized workforce, meaning basically anything and everything is fireable.

Second of all, it would be easy to establish termination for just cause here. First, as care providers they’re in a position of trust over those children and are causing them emotional distress. Secondly, their actions are jeopardizing both the reputation of the daycare to the general public, but also possibly jeopardizing the facility’s operating license with their regulatory body for the first reason: causing emotional distress to their charges. Third, that kind of conduct would fall well below the threshold expected within the industry, and depending on the jurisdiction it occurred in, the workers may have their own regulatory body with whom they’re licensed and that conduct would not align with their standards of practice.

Their conduct is absolutely worthy of termination for cause and they’d have utterly abysmal chances in a wrongful dismissal claim, or if by some chance they were in fact unionized, equally abysmal chances at a grievance labour arbitration.

charged werent pressed so i guess it wasnt a criminal offense. Would one be able to take the lady to court for damages?

charged werent pressed so i guess it wasnt a criminal offense. Would one be able to take the lady to court for damages?

Possibly, but you’d need to establish a compensable injury. Like just scaring the shit out of a kid wouldn’t be enough, they would actually have to demonstrate that the child has suffered psychological trauma with medical evidence, but it’s absolutely possible.

Like if the child suffers ongoing night terrors and begins to chronically wet the bed as a result of this, the centre could definitely be on the hook. At its most extreme if it resulted in PTSD like symptoms then yes, there would definitely be a claim there.

Possibly, but you’d need to establish a compensable injury. Like just scaring the shit out of a kid wouldn’t be enough, they would actually have to demonstrate that the child has suffered psychological trauma with medical evidence, but it’s absolutely possible.

Like if the child suffers ongoing night terrors and begins to chronically wet the bed as a result of this, the centre could definitely be on the hook. At its most extreme if it resulted in PTSD like symptoms then yes, there would definitely be a claim there.

but only against the center not the fired dumb dumb?

Back