Sherparents - what’s the appropriate reaction here? Sherlawyers chime in too please.

Nah. I'm ok with some halloween fun, but those are 2-3 year olds, they're too young to be scaring them and shit. That's not right.

I wouldn't take it further but I'd definitely take my girl somewhere else. All the caretakers should be fired since they were all joining in the "fun", taping and laughing.

I doubt any of the adults concerned would accept a work environment where someone would scare the shit out of them and make them piss their pants. They would probably sue their employer. To me its as simple as that. Children doesnt deserve any less than grown ups.

I bet those kids legit shit their diapers.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...puts-Halloween-mask-SCREAMS-children-bad.html

daycare worker was trying to have some innocent fun but because someone video taped it now a few are out of jobs.

Big deal or not a big deal?

how would you react if this happened to your kid?

sherlaw - is there any laws potentially broken here?

Why would they possibly do that? What's to be gained?

Those kids were little too and parents will now have to deal with some of them having nightmares.

A lot of overreacting here.

This isn't a very big deal, fairly harmless overall. Not the best decision by the workers, but definitely not something to get a lawyer involved with.

This happens all the time during Halloween, they’ll get over it

Probably good for the kids, teaches them to deal with fears in a safe environment.

But society just wants everybody to raise mentally weak, frail people instead.

so suing the employee only as a form of punishment /revenge. Is that a thing in the law world?

Well no, you’d usually want to name the employee as the primary “tortfeasor” (wrongdoer) to establish liability for the claim and then drag in the employer via vicarious liability.

When I say it’s usually the employer that ends up holding the bag for paying the actual damage award it’s because (generally) they’ll have the “deeper pockets” as we’d say, including a higher likelihood of insurance coverage in order to actually be able to pay out the claim.

https://www.itv.com/news/2022-10-21...scream-masks-to-terrify-children-face-charges
https://news.sky.com/story/daycare-...ng-children-charged-with-child-abuse-12725995

Four people linked to video footage of day care employees in the US using scary masks to frighten young children are facing criminal charges.

The daycare’s owner, Sheila Sanders, who has said that at least four of the employees were fired after the video came to light, is not facing charges.

/

Now, four of the employees face three counts of felony child abuse, and a fifth faces failure to report abuse and simple assault against a minor.

[not sure if it's four or five facing charges]

People are so sensitive these days.
I think its being overblown.

I thought so to but apparently the person who filmed this was consistently complaining about her coworkers behavior with the kids and was being ignored by the owner. So I'm not so sure it's being overblown anymore. If this was just a one off incident near Halloween then yea it's overblown but doesn't sound that way.

My first reaction is, pull your kids out of that daycare and find a different one.

It's a stupid move that shows a lack of emotional intelligence on the part of the caretakers. In my opinion the employee filming the gag is just as stupid as the employee in the mask.

I don't really give a shit if they fire or retrain both employees at that point, I'd just pull my kids out.

Imagine if one day your boss came into work with a ski mask on and a fake (but realistic looking) automatic rifle and started shouting at people as if he was going to shoot everyone, even after multiple employees became hysterical.

These are tiny children that had absolutely no contextual reference for what was going on, nor any idea of whether or not they were actually safe. If this woman had made a stupid mistake and realized it and stopped when the kids started crying that's one thing, but she got down and started screaming in their faces. In what world is that even remotely okay? What kind of person would do that? Glad they're being prosecuted.

My first reaction is, pull your kids out of that daycare and find a different one.

It's a stupid move that shows a lack of emotional intelligence on the part of the caretakers. In my opinion the employee filming the gag is just as stupid as the employee in the mask.

I don't really give a shit if they fire or retrain both employees at that point, I'd just pull my kids out.

The person who filmed it supposedly did so because she had complained about their behavior before and the owner didn't do anything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back