Shopping quotes around betting sites

KBE6EKCTAH_CCP

The thin end of the wedge
@Steel
Reaction score
I am totally new to this and I noticed that for example for the DC-Lewis fight :

bet365 has Lewis at +400, but then the slip says "bet 100 to return 475". I interpret that this is net of fees and all and that essentially, your net winnings are 375 for risking 100.

But then,

888sports gas Lewis at +450, but then the slip says"total stake100 ; Potential payout 550". It also says that 5% will be retained from eventual winnings. So in this case that retainer would be, that would be 450*5%=22,5. Meaning that your winnings are 427,5 for risking 100.

How are such radical differences in payouts for exactly the same event explained?

Is it that the second site is possibly shady so the market expects a higher return to compensate?

Different bookies have different odds. It depends on some factors. One of the biggest is: if a lot of people have bet Cormier on 888sports (for instance), Cormier odds starts to drop and Lewis odds starts to go up.
Odds are dynamic. They change according to the bets people are playing. They don't have anything to do with a site being shady or not (not saying that there aren't any shady websites).

Different bookies have different odds. It depends on some factors. One of the biggest is: if a lot of people have bet Cormier on 888sports (for instance), Cormier odds starts to drop and Lewis odds starts to go up.
Odds are dynamic. They change according to the bets people are playing. They don't have anything to do with a site being shady or not (not saying that there aren't any shady websites).

Ok, but then 888sports seems to ALWAYS have a better payout than bet365...

Ok, but then 888sports seems to ALWAYS have a better payout than bet365...

365 isn't great for prebets, I only really use them for livebetting. Check out bestfightodds.com which shows the odds at most major books.

365 isn't great for prebets, I only really use them for livebetting. Check out bestfightodds.com which shows the odds at most major books.
Wow that is an amazing tool. Thanks.
The only thing is that I live in Germany, so I doubt that all these books are avalaible there...

I am totally new to this and I noticed that for example for the DC-Lewis fight :

bet365 has Lewis at +400, but then the slip says "bet 100 to return 475". I interpret that this is net of fees and all and that essentially, your net winnings are 375 for risking 100.

But then,

888sports gas Lewis at +450, but then the slip says"total stake100 ; Potential payout 550". It also says that 5% will be retained from eventual winnings. So in this case that retainer would be, that would be 450*5%=22,5. Meaning that your winnings are 427,5 for risking 100.

How are such radical differences in payouts for exactly the same event explained?

Is it that the second site is possibly shady so the market expects a higher return to compensate?
I use bet365 all the time and ive never seen anything like what you are describing. If possible maybe a screenshot would clear things up..

Some books charge a commission on winninngs in certain countries. I think germany is one. I logged onto a german vpn once with my uk account and had 20 quid deducted from a winning bet ffs. Having that for every bet makes gambling much harder if you only use those sites, on top of the juice they suck out of the odds.

I use bet365 all the time and ive never seen anything like what you are describing. If possible maybe a screenshot would clear things up..

I am sorry I don't know how to screenshot.

But here is another example from right now for Artem at + 500 :

"100 to return 570".

I am not making this up....The difference corresponds to 6% of the winnings.

On another site I mentionned (888sports), they mention that they will take 5% of the gains.

Must be a German gambling tax thing.

Some books charge a commission on winninngs in certain countries. I think germany is one. I logged onto a german vpn once with my uk account and had 20 quid deducted from a winning bet ffs. Having that for every bet makes gambling much harder if you only use those sites, on top of the juice they suck out of the odds.

Yeah it must be a German thing by the looks of it. I guess I could live with 5 or 6%, as these bets are huge directional bets anyways, but then...................

Brain Kelleher at + 130 :

"100 to return 218.50".

That's like 9% of the winnings and # 1 bullshit.

Back