Law Should Critical Race Theory be Cancelled?

"However, in an AMERICAN context, there is one group whose ancestors were brought here totally involuntarily and subjected to hundreds of years of chattel slavery."

BS beyond belief. You are spewing racist propaganda again! You just can not help yourself. <Lmaoo> There is no "one group".

Lolwut?

Are you actually denying that AAs are the only Americans whose ancestors were involuntarily transported over here to be subjected into chattel slavery for several hundred years followed by an additional century of forced second class citizenship?

Since I want to expedite the ruin of America through libtard ideologies that you fuckers voted in.

CRT stays. Let's see where this goes!

"However, in an AMERICAN context, there is one group whose ancestors were brought here totally involuntarily and subjected to hundreds of years of chattel slavery."

BS beyond belief. You are spewing racist propaganda again! You just can not help yourself. <Lmaoo> There is no "one group". Black Nigerians outperform white Americans in nearly every index. There were elite slavers in Africa and Saudi Arabia, just as there was an elite group of slavers in Viking Scandinavia. Where is your moral outrage about the Pygmy slaving pandemic in Africa now? There is a village caste system in every country in the world, this skin color garbage is a modern invention devised to divide and conquer. It's the individual and their unique attributes, their history and relation to the caste, not skin color! There is no "one group". It was always castes and tribes, not skin color. Do not be a basic bitch, mang. Come the fuck on.
What part of "American context" don't you understand?

Saying that African American slaves were an exploited group in American history is not a controversial claim.

Simply admitting this does not mean one is ignoring the actions of the black slavers in Africa, nor the fact that slavery was practiced in other contexts throughout history (and sadly, still in the present).

You seem really determined to obfuscate a very basic truth for some reason: most African Americans came to America as slaves; most European Americans did not.

Last edited:
Y'all worried bout CRT when evidently, basic American history needs to be the focus.
I agree, some of you are only getting bits and pieces. Slavery, Segregation, Jim Crow style laws, abuse- None of it was exclusive to black people. More recent ,perhaps.

Theyre burning the experimental soup, and copying failed historical recipes. The only questions are why and to what ends? America is the only country in history to try out the "melting pot" on a massive scale. My inner logician tells me to strengthen and focus on the successful aspects, rather than whine and brood over the failures, especially historically. In short, do fucking better.

Such a shame too, I will never understand why Sherdoggers love to take a legitimate topic of discussion and intentionally turn it to shit when they choose to make a bastardized OP about it instead.
Why is my thread "bastardized"? Because I used the word "cancelled" in the title? Big deal.

The OP highlights the fact that several states have passed laws banning the teaching of critical race theory. These have been called "divisive ideas bans" by some of their proponents.

Next, I pose the question: Why is it OK for states to ban this topic when decisions about curriculum are typically made at local levels-- and how can conservatives support a state ban on teaching CRT when local control is used by conservatives as a justification to allow teaching of such dubious topics as creationism and "abstinence only" sex ed?

If that isn't a sophisticated enough question for you, I apologize. Maybe you will deign to answer it, as @Madmick and @Zankou have not.

Last edited:
Lolwut?

Are you actually denying that AAs are the only Americans whose ancestors were involuntarily transported over here to be subjected into chattel slavery for several hundred years followed by an additional century of forced second class citizenship?
"Are you actually denying that AAs are the only Americans whose ancestors were involuntarily transported over here to be subjected into chattel slavery for several hundred years followed by an additional century of forced second class citizenship"

100%. You are brainwashed, bro. Lot of peoples were brought to America against their will, whether it be by slavery, imposed economic stresses or a variety of other factors. Do you actually think in the 1800's people with white skin said "Hey, there is a person with more melanin content than me! I am going to abduct them and send them to America!". Come the fuck on, man...come on! Most POC in this country did not come here via slavery. You realize that, right? You, like Dumbo Sr, is spewing racist propaganda and it makes you feel good and superior, tho you are doing incredible damage with your toxic, ill informed, fantasy based, nonsense.

Get that serotonin fix in whatever way possible, bro, it certainly is not coming from reality. Your worldview is informed via Hollywood propaganda and those that actually owned the slave ships, not the poor suckers who had historical ancestors that were also oppressed. Skin color is the latest divide and conquer tool. Ireland was 100000% more proportionately affected by slavery than the continent of Africa (they never taught you that in critical theory tho, did they? It was all about skin color).

Stop being a racist.

It’s not that people want it to be banned for individuals to spout its nonsense, I.e. free speech. It’s that it’s woefully unfounded and shouldn’t be TAUGHT in schools as fact. There is a difference.

Agree.

I like this definition of ‘theory’:
“a plausible or scientifically acceptable general principle or body of principles offered to explain phenomena“

For me, Critical Race Theory doesn’t fit the criteria necessary, to be recognized as a theory.

But what’s in a name?
The King Cobra doesn’t meet the criteria necessary to be in the cobra genus, but the name stuck.

Why is my thread "bastardized"? Because I used the word "cancelled" in the title? Big deal.

The OP highlights the fact that several states have passed laws banning the teaching of critical race theory. These have been called "divisive ideas bans" by some of their proponents.

Next, I pose the question: Why is it OK for states to ban this topic when decisions about curriculum are typically made at local levels-- and how can conservatives support a state ban on teaching CRT when local control is used by conservatives as a justification to allow teaching of such dubious topics as creationism and "abstinence only" sex ed?

If that isn't a sophisticated enough question for you, I apologize. Maybe you will deign to answer it, as @Madmick and @Zankou have not.

Is this really that hard for you? They aren’t banning teaching criticism of CRT. They are banning teaching it as if it were the truth. Just as they can’t teach Hinduism or Christianity as the truth. Public schools are allowed to teach about different religious systems. They just aren’t allowed to exalt one and portray it as the genuine and true one that students must affirm and accept.

If they were teaching creationism as if it were true, then that is the same kind of nonsense, and neither has a place in public schools IMO.

"Are you actually denying that AAs are the only Americans whose ancestors were involuntarily transported over here to be subjected into chattel slavery for several hundred years followed by an additional century of forced second class citizenship"

100%. You are brainwashed, bro. Lot of peoples were brought to America against their will, whether it be by slavery, imposed economic stresses or a variety of other factors. Do you actually think in the 1800's people with white skin said "Hey, there is a person with more melanin content than me! I am going to abduct them and send them to America!". Come the fuck on, man...come on! Most POC in this country did not come here via slavery. You realize that, right? You, like Dumbo Sr, is spewing racist propaganda and it makes you feel good and superior, tho you are doing incredible damage with your toxic, ill informed, fantasy based, nonsense.

Get that serotonin fix in whatever way possible, bro, it certainly is not coming from reality. Your worldview is informed via Hollywood propaganda and those that actually owned the slave ships, not the poor suckers who had historical ancestors that were also oppressed. Skin color is the latest divide and conquer tool. Ireland was 100000% more proportionately affected by slavery than the continent of Africa (they never taught you that in critical theory tho, did they? It was all about skin color).

Stop being a racist.

Not only was the drivel you posted entirely fallacious and outright dishonest, it didn't even properly address what I asked.

As I said earlier, nevermind a discussion on the merits of CRT when we have ppl propagating disinformation regarding the history of AAs in this country.

Good luck w/ your new account though bud.

Is this really that hard for you? They aren’t banning teaching criticism of CRT. They are banning teaching it as if it were the truth. Just as they can’t teach Hinduism or Christianity as the truth. Public schools are allowed to teach about different religious systems. They just aren’t allowed to exalt one and portray it as the genuine and true one that students must affirm and accept.

If they were teaching creationism as if it were true, then that is the same kind of nonsense, and neither has a place in public schools IMO.
I get the distinction you are making, but it's not clear to me that it is a distinction the laws referenced in the OP recognize. That seems to be the language implied by the British law, but the WV and OK laws simply ban schools from "promoting divisive concepts." If a school taught CRT as a concept-- one racial view among several-- would it be "promoting" a divisive concept? That's not clear on the face of it, not to me anyways. If you have another source that talks about the intentions behind these laws, and whether or not they leave room for any discussion of CRT in a school curriculum, please share those sources.

Stop being a racist.

Irish were never slaves in America. There were Irish indentured servants, yes. Most of these indentured servants came to America "voluntarily" (economic exploitation notwithstanding). And, yes, some Irish were deported as indentured servants against their will. Messed up for sure.

However, indentured servants were not slaves. Indentured servants were legally recognized as human beings and had a contract specifying the terms of their service. Their service was not permanent; it usually lasted for a period of four to seven years. Nor were they and their children considered inheritable property.

Go back and read any of the primary documents on slavery heading up to the American Civil War. No one mentions the "problem" of white, Irish slaves. Why? Because there were no fucking white, Irish slaves. There was no compromise between the North and the South specifying that Irish should count as 3/5 of a person. There were no fugitive slave acts targeted at returning escaped Irish slaves to their masters.

Yes, tens of thousands of Irish came to America as indentured servants (tens of thousands, not millions). Yes, indentured servitude probably sucked. Yes, the Irish were brutally repressed by the British. You can argue that the British are guilty of genocide toward the Irish. Yes, later waves of Irish immigrants faced rampant discrimination. All of this is true.

And none of it adds up to the statement, "Irish people were slaves in America."

There were no Irish slaves in America.

Period.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...re-indentured-servants-not-slaves/3198590001/

https://developmenteducation.ie/feature/were-irish-people-the-first-slaves-in-america/

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-...100-white-children-from-ireland-idUSKBN23O2BS

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure critical race theory doesn't even meet the scientific standard for what a theory is, so it's already cancelled itself based on that. It's more like a critical race hypothesis, and a very weak one at that.

I'm pretty sure critical race theory doesn't even meet the scientific standard for what a theory is, so it's already cancelled itself based on that. It's more like a critical race hypothesis, and a very weak one at that.
Well, it's not a "theory" that applies to hard sciences at all, so it doesn't make a ton of sense to apply the technical definition of "theory" to it.

People use the term "theory" colloquially all the time, as in "I have a theory that..."

It's a bit of a peeve of mine, tbh, but it is what it is, so it doesn't really make sense to call out CRT for it especially. You could call it "Critical Race Paradigm" and nothing would essentially change.

We need to start critical race theory even earlier. I am recording an audiobook now to be played to fetuses while in the womb

Well, it's not a "theory" that applies to hard sciences at all, so it doesn't make a ton of sense to apply the technical definition of "theory" to it.

People use the term "theory" colloquially all the time, as in "I have a theory that..."

It's a bit of a peeve of mine, tbh, but it is what it is, so it doesn't really make sense to call out CRT for it especially. You could call it "Critical Race Paradigm" and nothing would essentially change.

So the critical race hypothesis is soft? Sounds weak and pathetic.

Back