Crime Should Cuomo be removed? UPDATE 3/21. Sounds like the Michigan Witch is next

This is bs of the highest order.

I've never read here, or anywhere else for that matter, of people saying we should warehouse the sick together with the elderly. You're straight up lying.

The suggestion, all along, was to isolate the most vulnerable and leave the rest to make their own choices. What this murderer implemented was always criticized from the onset, even by the herd immunity advocates as seen in the Sweden Covid thread where they did the exact same thing resulting in massive die offs in nursing homes.. You're a piece of work.

It's a common practice, but it has to be done properly.

Many nursing homes are able to easily segregate their populations, and create wards for infected patients. That's why the guidelines exist.

Thing is, the guidelines explicitly state a nursing home should only accept an infected patient if they are able to segregate as per the protocols. Many New York nursing homes couldn't do this, and they stated after the fact they didn't think they had a choice when in fact they did.

Cuomo made a huge mistake, but I'm pretty sure any governor in his position would have made the same mistake. New York was first, so other states learned from them.

What wasn't a mistake was covering the numbers up. Not only was that duplicitous, it was dangerous. Concealing just how big a mistake it was could have had disastrous consequences and there was no apolitical reason to do so. In retrospect it isn't surprising he rushed his book to market, he had to know this would come out.

They had Navy ships, faculties in Central Park and the Javits center that where set up to deal with overflow that were not used.

Virtually all the overflow was Covid patients, and the navy specifically refused to accept them.

The Cuomo administration released the full transcript to prove it was taken out of context

DeRosa: The letter [from the Legislature requesting nursing home data] comes in at the end of August and right around the same time, President Trump turns this into a giant political football. He starts tweeting that we killed everyone in nursing homes, he starts going after Murphy, starts going after Newsom, starts going after Gretchen Whitmer.

He directs the Department of Justice to do an investigation into us. He finds one person at DOJ, who since has been fired because this person is now known to be a political hack, who sends letters out to all of these different governors. And basically, we froze, because then we were in a position where we weren't sure if what we were going to give to the Department of Justice or what we give to you guys, what we start saying was going to be used against us while we weren't sure if there was going to be an investigation.

That played a very large role into this. We went to the leaders and we said to the leaders, can we please pause on getting back to everybody until we get through this period and we know what's what with the DOJ. We since have come through that period. All signs point to, they are not looking at this. They dropped it. They never formally opened an investigation. They sent a letter asking a number of questions and then we satisfied those questions and it appears that they're gone. But that was how it was happening back in August.

It’s also worth noting that despite the acrimony of recent days, the meeting seems to have ended on a pleasant note:

DeRosa: Anything else? I mean obviously, this is not the end of the conversation. This is more like the beginning, but for now, is there anything else?

Sen. James Skoufis: I just want to say that I have found this — I've been doing this for nine years, third year in the Senate, and I have found this really refreshing. And I am being perfectly honest — I have just not felt in nine years, sort of the, this sort of opportunity to have an honest and straightforward conversation where I've felt that, you know, you all weren't just reading from a script or trying to dance around questions. I feel really good about what happened tonight, and maybe I'm speaking out of school with my colleagues still on the Zoom here, but I just ask, like, can this please be the standard? This in my mind is how it is supposed to work. I think in my mind, we were brutally honest at times and you were forthright and when you didn't like what we were doing, you let us know that and you, I think, you genuinely answered most, if not all, of our questions to the extent that you could. So, I just ask that this be the standard, that's all.

Health Commissioner Howard Zucker: Thank you.

DeRosa: You have my word. Look, I know the position that you guys have been put in with some of this and I know that more than anything, it's just that the press comes to you and your constituents come to you ... you have to be able to have answers ... I really appreciate, for the most part, that the Legislature has been supportive throughout this process. It's been really been hard for all of us, we're all just trying to do the right thing, but I want to continue this dialogue in whatever format makes sense. You know, I defer to your leadership obviously, but I'm here, I will make the time. The people around this table will make the time and we're happy to continue this.

https://www.politico.com/states/new...ipt-of-aides-meeting-with-legislators-1364075

Fuck this animal cuomo this is shit you see in shit holes like Nicaragua. I wonder how many relatives of the deceased are gonna become extremists ?
I’m tired of scumbag politicians. Theirs blood on his hands and he knows it.

Good, I hope this actually turns into a scandal. Dude had the silliest non apology ever and blames CTers for all the trouble that he caused.
He needs to get his shit kicked for turning New York into Nicaragua.

Cuomo's approval rating dropped 10 points but still has a positive approval rating

We will see him win re-election in 2022

This dude has got to go. Then the next three governors

Scumbag keeps digging. I guess when you win an Emmy you get a free pass to act like a 3rd world leader. Read that Assemblyman Kim lost his Uncle in one of these nursing homes and this prick has the audacity to threaten him and try to get him to go along with the lies.

No, the article is written by The New York Post, a tabloid that usually specializes in The New York Yankees' dating lives. Until recently at least, when, in cahoots with Steven Bannon and Rudy Giuliani, they tried that Hunter Biden "scandal" that their own reporters disavowed. So you have an internet troll pizzagater commenting on an article from The New York Post.

Trumpanzees include accusations of fake news in like 50% of their posts on here but expect complete obeisance to whatever nonsense they post. They also completely accepted Trump's taped admissions to Bob Woodward that he lied about Covid, downplaying it for political reasons. Anybody who spews BS about Covid should be open to criticism, but I'll need more than what's in the OP.
It's probably time for you to get out of the basement and get some help.

Mayor De Blasio said:
"You know, the bullying is nothing new. I believe Ron Kim, and it's very, very sad," de Blasio said. "No public servant, no person who’s telling the truth should be treated that way. But yeah, the threats, the belittling, the demand that someone change their statement right that moment – many, many times I've heard that, and I know a lot of other people in this state have heard that."

I believe Ron Kim. First of all you can just see just by what he’s saying it's from the heart and it was a very painful experience for him. I believe him and he did not deserve to be treated that way and I admire him for coming forward and telling exactly what happened.

Apparently threatening officials is standard procedure under Governor Fredo. Mayor De Blasio backs up Ron Kim and claims he's received similar phone calls as well.

Apparently threatening officials is standard procedure under Governor Fredo. Mayor De Blasio backs up Ron Kim and claims he's received similar phone calls as well.
It’s unacceptable behavior, but killing thousands and thousands of people knowingly should end your career.

he is a democrat, so a complaint media will probably cover for him.

It’s unacceptable behavior, but killing thousands and thousands of people knowingly should end your career.

he is a democrat, so a complaint media will probably cover for him.
Considering he ordered in March that nursing homes must accept COVID positive people ...

Back