Should I return to Boxing, Muay Thai or Both?

Wakeup.....

And ask yourself.....

"What do I want to train today?"

take one big beautiful morning at a time WallyDog!

Father time will whisper which way to go.

if the knee is a problem it will be clear.

the world is you Oyster!

Wakeup.....

And ask yourself.....

"What do I want to train today?"

take one big beautiful morning at a time WallyDog!

Father time will whisper which way to go.

if the knee is a problem it will be clear.

the world is you Oyster!
I haven't even gone to sleep yet and I already want to do neither lmao. Maybe I'm bipolar or depressed.

I haven't even gone to sleep yet and I already want to do neither lmao. Maybe I'm bipolar or depressed.
......that's why it's better to decide in the morning....

r u regretting the commitment or is it the physical tole of getting back to fighting shape?

Not that you said you were going to compete again.

Obviously knowing where you were back when you fought and looking at that road to get back somewhere close is tough.

or is it repeating endlessly "Move your left foot....no your other left foot..." to newbie's

As some of you would know I retired from combat sports aged 28 to allow my body to heal (and because I had been doing it since I was 12 and was just sick of it). I've fought in both Boxing and Muay Thai and thought my time training was done.

Today I was asked if I would like to return to my old gym to help train the newbies in boxing four nights a week and in return I'd be given full membership for free (this is an expensive gym aimed at professional fighters and high level amateurs that I previously spent 6 years at before calling it quits).

While I haven't decided if I'll fight again I can't decide if I should focus my personal training on boxing or Muay Thai.

Fight for your sport here and tell me which one I should focus on, or if I should do what I used to do and just train both.
boxing. There are more casuals to train for money and you don’t have to make guys fight barefoot with their elbows like uncivilized monsters.

Only if I can wear an American style Wrasslin leotard.
sounds like you found your answer!

giphy_s.gif

True in all things, IMO. Something my father always said in the vein is never to make decisions at night. Ever. You might think yourself up to the task but our brains largely lend themselves to narrower thinking late so anything can seem a darker cloud overhead than it really is. Wake up. Sit down. Pros and cons. Call it.

Just bang
Just noticed the change of avi. <Lmaoo>

If your Knee is seriously hurt wouldn't it be better to go for boxing?
I obviously do not know to which extent your knee is hurt but I imagine MT puts more strain on it then Boxing.
Then again could make your footwork worse if your knee is acting up randomly, but I would say go for the boxing unless you enjoy MT a lot more.

r u regretting the commitment or is it the physical tole of getting back to fighting shape?

Not that you said you were going to compete again.

Obviously knowing where you were back when you fought and looking at that road to get back somewhere close is tough.

or is it repeating endlessly "Move your left foot....no your other left foot..." to newbie's

Mainly the getting fit again I did 30 seconds on the bag a few months back and my arms hurt for 2 days. I've spent 2 years, playing computer games and eating uber eats. Luckily I've only gained like 10kgs. But I'm incredibly unfit lmao.

boxing. There are more casuals to train for money and you don’t have to make guys fight barefoot with their elbows like uncivilized monsters.
I would also save time by not having to spend 20 minutes washing my feet to get gym mat black off them.

Find a good PT if you haven't already.
This tips might help for your knee but I am no expert.
https://www.just-fly-sports.com/10-updated-commandments-for-knee-health-and-performance/
My knee just has one ligament that is weakened. It's fine until I step on it funny, or get kicked on the inside of that knee.

True in all things, IMO. Something my father always said in the vein is never to make decisions at night. Ever. You might think yourself up to the task but our brains largely lend themselves to narrower thinking late so anything can seem a darker cloud overhead than it really is. Wake up. Sit down. Pros and cons. Call it.
Good advice, perhaps thinking about getting fit again at 1am wasn't the best idea.

If your Knee is seriously hurt wouldn't it be better to go for boxing?
I obviously do not know to which extent your knee is hurt but I imagine MT puts more strain on it then Boxing.
Then again could make your footwork worse if your knee is acting up randomly, but I would say go for the boxing unless you enjoy MT a lot more.
I fought MT for almost 30 fights with this knee. It's not a huge issue. It's just by far the weakest link.

Mainly the getting fit again I did 30 seconds on the bag a few months back and my arms hurt for 2 days. I've spent 2 years, playing computer games and eating uber eats. Luckily I've only gained like 10kgs. But I'm incredibly unfit lmao.
2021 wol would get killed by death's head

2021 wol would get killed by death's head
He's a manlet lmao. One overhand away from wearing a bicycle helmet for the rest of his life.

He's a manlet lmao. One overhand away from wearing a bicycle helmet for the rest of his life.
all he has to do is run for 30 seconds before you get the kryptionite

but i might be asking for too much...

all he has to do is run for 30 seconds before you get the kryptionite

but i might be asking for too much...

He'd have to be good at running by now, seeing as he can't drive.

I started out with kickboxing in my teens and again in my late 20s and loved it. A few coaches would throw in knee and elbow techniques for the sake of learning and I loved those too. Early 40s now and was not as active as I should have been in my 30s, so fell in love when I wandered into boxing a couple of years ago.

I just don't think that my body would sustain kickboxing again long-term, even on a hobby/fitness level. I don't know how old you are, but boxing just seems like a logical move at least for me. Not that it's easier, just that it's easier on different parts. For example people can play hockey way longer than they can play soccer, simply because it's so much less stress and impact on the legs.

Longevity I would go strictly boxing, but if you can still rock the Muay Thai, I would definitely keep that up as long as you can.

I started out with kickboxing in my teens and again in my late 20s and loved it. A few coaches would throw in knee and elbow techniques for the sake of learning and I loved those too. Early 40s now and was not as active as I should have been in my 30s, so fell in love when I wandered into boxing a couple of years ago.

I just don't think that my body would sustain kickboxing again long-term, even on a hobby/fitness level. I don't know how old you are, but boxing just seems like a logical move at least for me. Not that it's easier, just that it's easier on different parts. For example people can play hockey way longer than they can play soccer, simply because it's so much less stress and impact on the legs.

Longevity I would go strictly boxing, but if you can still rock the Muay Thai, I would definitely keep that up as long as you can.

My body is a mess already
Left knee issue, Right foot issue, right hand issue, left shoulder nerve damage, lower back issues.

I'll rock the Muay Thai if I can.

Back