Should they remove the 265lb weight cut off limit for the Heavyweight division?

Should they remove the 265lb weight cut off limit for the Heavyweight division?

• Total voters
I'm actually in favor of them reducing it to 240 or 245. Make them get in shape.

Remove the weight limit? That's one of the dumbest things I've heard in a while. HW is already a joke. Why put huge behemoths with 30 seconds of cardio in the cage? If they make a super HW division, they'll need three 1-minute rounds...or the fighters will fall over dead.

Jarl
We are not talking about super heavyweight. We are talking about heavyweight with no upper limit, just like in boxing.

We've seen several fighters suffer because of weight cutting. The biggest would be Bigfoot. He was a 300+lb tank in Japan, when he fought in the UFC he looked like a neanderthal corpse.

antonio-silva.jpg

482585488.jpg.0.jpg

i'm more in favor of heavyweight only going upto 235 and then super heavyweight goes to 265 .... dilute it more baby!

Yes

UFC fighters are ducking Sumo rasslers
The real best base for fight

I still believe Baruto could have been a force in the HW division.
He dominated a former UFC HW title Challenger, the guy who almost KOd prime Fedor, and a 3x K1 WGP champ in his first 3 MMA fights.

baruto-of-estonia-and-kazuyuki-fujita-of-japan-compete-in-the-bout-picture-id610402450

Too bad he fought Crocop in his 4th fight and then went into politics.

Keep it at 265 but just have a Super Heavyweight/Openweight Division

Absolutely, probably the worst thing about the UFC because it takes away the legitimacy of the HW division.

How many current UFC heavyweights actually cut to 265?
  • Beast
  • Ivanov
  • Is that it?

I think the HW divison should be limitless. You should allow anyone larger than 265 to fight in that division. If guys heavier than 265 can earn their way into the top 10 or top 5 in the division i say why not make it happen.

I'd love to see Stipe fight a guy 100lbs bigger than him.

That would be a sight to behold.

We need to see some freak show fights.
No you nut.

We are not talking about super heavyweight. We are talking about heavyweight with no upper limit, just like in boxing.

We've seen several fighters suffer because of weight cutting. The biggest would be Bigfoot. He was a 300+lb tank in Japan, when he fought in the UFC he looked like a neanderthal corpse.

antonio-silva.jpg

482585488.jpg.0.jpg
I believe it was post TRT ban, he had legit needs for it, probably the only one.

I say no just because of the quality of the heavier fighters. They could get rid of the cutoff if they introduced the cruiserweight division, but going from 206 - infinity seems a little much. As for not giving the heavier guys a chance, they can have a chance, just not in the UFC. It's just not usually that good. Same with WMMA. They can have Invicta, they don't need to be in the UFC necessarily.

increase lhw to 220 nd then we ve much more exciting field of play

Yes. People keep saying that 265+ guys would gas in 10 seconds and fights would be shit, but it's not like just because the cap is off that the UFC will sign any fat fuck that passes by their office.

If they guy is good, he'll make his way up.

Yes. People keep saying that 265+ guys would gas in 10 seconds and fights would be shit, but it's not like just because the cap is off that the UFC will sign any fat fuck that passes by their office.

If they guy is good, he'll make his way up.

Yeah if the guy is good and weighs 300+ pounds. Why not give him a shot at it, to see if he could make his way up into the division.

They should at least give these guys a chance to prove themselves. The fights would be more interesting and the division would be more stacked if there was no cut off limit.

Back