Should they remove the 265lb weight cut off limit for the Heavyweight division?

Should they remove the 265lb weight cut off limit for the Heavyweight division?

• Total voters
Like the TFC?

*edit*

I mis-read (saw 4 guys at once), leaving video up because why not.

Wtf is This?

No way that would ever be licensed in North America.

I would watch though

Can't be the baddest man on the planet with weight protecting you.

I love technical fighters,good athletes, etc but if there was a 400 pound freak hidden somewhere that could just stomp anyone with brute force... fuck it, i dont care about skill at that point. I just wanna see a genetic mystery destroy people and collect limbs.

If they win, they are good enough in my book.

Wtf is This?

No way that would ever be licensed in North America.

I would watch though

100%

Doesn't help that every polish fighter had 30lbs on the Swedish fighters. All 5vs5, organized out of Poland - not likely to see North America regulation ever. A bunch of fights are on youtube. It's like soccer hooligan practice. (some) Other matches have better matched teams.

Imagine if Nogueira would have never fought Bob Sapp because of a weight limit. His legitimacy would be gone.

Fine them 10% of purse and give it to their opponent like they do in every other weight class.

Yes

UFC fighters are ducking Sumo rasslers
The real best base for fight
I ask seriously do you have any sources for this? A top heavyweight striker just circles until there’s an opening and unloads. But I think I just got trolled as I was writing this. Good one if so.

I voted yes but I will add the caveat there should be a cruiserweight division around 225-230.

Or just move the heavyweight up to 230+ and adjust the lower weights accordingly.

I just dont see a reason to have 60 lb differences in fights.

Maybe bump to 285 or 300. No more than that though. HW already have no self control with their diets in general. They will all gain 20 pounds of fat!

I ask seriously do you have any sources for this? A top heavyweight striker just circles until there’s an opening and unloads. But I think I just got trolled as I was writing this. Good one if so.
He might have been trolling you but here's the source anyway. This is the sumo wrestler's MMA debut.

Top heavyweight strikers think they know how to circle, and it might work against Judo players but sumo wrestlers were raised in a circle.

He might have been trolling you but here's the source anyway. This is the sumo wrestler's MMA debut.

Top heavyweight strikers think they know how to circle, and it might work against Judo players but sumo wrestlers were raised in a circle.

Baruto didn’t circle at all so I don’t see your point. And the octagon is a much bigger circle than the sumo. He walked straight into a bigger dude so he could be easily be taken down. Sumo man couldn’t get his hands on JDS, Fedor, Stipe, Cain crocop or any decent Hw striker like that without the lights getting turned out. Fuckin Roy Nelson works this dude on the feet. They’d all drop bombs and avoid a TD/clinch with even basic footwork and strategy.

Last edited:
Baruto didn’t circle at all so I don’t see your point. And the octagon is a much bigger circle than the sumo. He walked straight into a bigger dude so he could be easily be taken down. Sumo man couldn’t get his hands on JDS, Fedor, Stipe, Cain crocop or any decent Hw striker like that. Fuckin Roy Nelson works this dude on the feet.They’d all drop bombs and avoid a TD/clinch with even basic footwork and strategy.

My point being , half of Sumo wrestling is all about cutting off your opponent when they try to circle.
That's literally the sport.
Not to mention Sumo wrestlers themselves seek to obtain circularity in their physical form for this very reason. Also, by definition an octagon not a circle.

If Baruto came at most heavyweight strikers with his trademark spherocity they would not be able to escape. Crocop is the exception as he caught him with a knee, a win which should have an asterisk as Baruto was suffering from low blood sugar at the time.
If you can't see that Sumo is legit then you don't understand circular logic imo.

My point being , half of Sumo wrestling is all about cutting off your opponent when they try to circle.
That's literally the sport.
Not to mention Sumo wrestlers themselves seek to obtain circularity in their physical form for this very reason. Also, by definition an octagon not a circle.

If Baruto came at most heavyweight strikers with his trademark spherocity they would not be able to escape. Crocop is the exception as he caught him with a knee, a win which should have an asterisk as Baruto was suffering from low blood sugar at the time.
If you can't see that Sumo is legit then you don't understand circular logic imo.
Too many circle puns. Roundly trolled again.

I'd love to see Stipe fight a guy 100lbs bigger than him.

Funny you should say that. Stipe's introduction to an MMA gym came about because he was recruited to be a wrestling training partner for Dan "the Bull" Bobish, a superheavyweight. And at 330 lbs he was indeed about 100 lbs bigger than Stipe.

I still believe Baruto could have been a force in the HW division.
He dominated a former UFC HW title Challenger, the guy who almost KOd prime Fedor, and a 3x K1 WGP champ in his first 3 MMA fights.

baruto-of-estonia-and-kazuyuki-fujita-of-japan-compete-in-the-bout-picture-id610402450

Too bad he fought Crocop in his 4th fight and then went into politics.

He could have been very good in that setting. Just 2 rounds, 10 minutes total, and in the ring with no space to run around him. He closed the distance to Cro Cop very fast and cornered him.

In ring or small cage like former WEC super HWs can be dangerous because there is not much space to run around and they could put their size to use.

They would probably be outruned, outcircled and gassed in UFC big cage, but would cause serious problems for UFC fighters in the ring or super small WEC cage.

I think the HW divison should be limitless. You should allow anyone larger than 265 to fight in that division. If guys heavier than 265 can earn their way into the top 10 or top 5 in the division i say why not make it happen.

I'd love to see Stipe fight a guy 100lbs bigger than him.

That would be a sight to behold.

We need to see some freak show fights.
No, 265 is about the limit in terms of keeping the quality.

I would be in favour of a Super Heavyweight division where anything goes though; whatever purists say it is entertaining to see 2 giants smashing each other Pride style.

Scrapping it probably wouldn’t do much. In boxing and K1 I can only think of Schilt 290lbs, fury 275lbs and Valuev 330lbs. Fury we know can make 265, Schilt did when he was younger, Valuev obviously not.

One guy I can think of too big for 265lbs limit who made it to the top. Id also be for a shw division in UFC just miss freak show fights.

300 plus guys aren't that good. It's tough to have proper training partners.

Back