Should we hold an NGS Shoop contest for UFC 234 and 235?

Should we have an NGS for UFC 234 and 235?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

bigwaverider

✌️ SHOOP MOD ✌️
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
OK it's decide. We will hold an NGS for UFC 234 and 235. This thread is locked.

The signup thread is here.

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/non-gif-shoop-contest-v4-signup-and-announcement.3905949/

This thread is a poll. Vote Yes or No.

I have had some folks ask for a Non Gif Shoop Contest for UFC 234 and 235. UFC 234 is this weekend. UFC 235 will have John Jones and others. We can rush this out and have it done properly. My problem is that we just had the ISL a month ago and it may be too fast of a pace. So I will leave this poll up for one day maximum to see what the people want. Perhaps even when I wake up tomorrow I will close it.

For those that don't know the NGS is the "Non Gif Shoop Contest". It's an MMA themed Shoop contest without any gifs. It is the most popular Shoop Contest on Sherdog.

If we vote Yes, I can have the sign up thread ready within 24 hours.

Last edited:
Yes, because I usually avoid gif-heavy threads.

No, Windows XP.

XP was a good OS. Still valid in many ways. IMO that's when Windows started getting good. A bit old for newer software though.

I voted yes, shoop comps are fun.

XP was a good OS. Still valid in many ways. IMO that's when Windows started getting good. A bit old for newer software though.

I have Windows 7 on my other hard drive, but there's so many old programs that I still like to use that don't work on 7 or later versions.

Who the hell voted no?

HEAN7An.png

Do you hate fun?

No, Windows XP.
I kept running my XP desktop until last summer when it finally died. Like you said I had so much software on there that worked a treat there was no point getting rid of it

I'm down for whatever, sometimes I have time others I don't, and I'll never know until the work piles up

I'll make time no matter what. Also a static image is a lot less work than a gif, so count me in!

I predict a deluge of picograms.

I voted yes...

You know we'll be rolling off wit teh Groovy shoops in the 234 thread... so I'm definitely down for that, but that happens with or without a contest.

...234 as a whole though is not the most shoop friendly line up. 235 with Jones is a must... & 236 isn't even announced yet. I'm good with either 234 or 236 going with the Jones event.

Why not, at least 10 people will enter at any given time.

235 should be quite shoopable. I could see the appeal for waiting until then for the NGS, but it would make a good finale card too so I can see both sides. I'll be slammed this weekend but I'll try to put something out if it's a go for 234.

Non Gifs?

Is that like an amateur only league? Do they accept old grizzled vets that have dropped 3 straight but are still looking to mix it up with the younger kids?
Signed up on friday, 4 posts and voted No?

I smell a multiple accounts.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruckus245
Back