Sleep supplement answer

Phlog

Sgt Sprinkles
@Gold
Reaction score
Posted this in the berry, figured some people here might by interested.

This is something I've thought about a lot. This is the recipe I believe is the most effective. Credit to Stanford's Dr Huberman. Obviously all the other shit like cooling the bedroom, avoiding screens or blue light, exercise early on, no caffeine after midday. Then do this, and enjoy:

Magnesium Threonate – 300-400mg
Theanine – 200-400mg
Apigenin – 50mg

It's important to look for elemental magnesium in the nutritional info, that's the stuff that counts for a sleep aid. It actually crosses the blood brain barrier. The magnesium will aid maintenance of deep sleep.

Theonine will improve REM access and maintenance.

Apigenin will help you to get to sleep in the first place by reducing the activity of the forebrain by hyper polarising your neurons.

Glycine glycine glycine.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4397399/

One of the last things I eat before going to bed is either some kind of collagen powder, pork rinds, or bone broth. Sometimes all three. Pretty much anything that contains cartilage or bone will have that amino acid in spades. I guess you could get pure glycine powder and supplement with that but I'd rather have it in the form of food. I stopped taking melatonin and magnesium(my asshole thanks me for that) since I found that getting sufficient collagen in my diet is just as effective. If it's the placebo effect then fuck it, it still works.

Melatonin makes sleep acquisition easier but quality worse in the long-term, I would stay away.

Glycine glycine glycine.

One of the last things I eat before going to bed is either some kind of collagen powder, pork rinds, or bone broth. Sometimes all three. Pretty much anything that contains cartilage or bone will have that amino acid in spades. I guess you could get pure glycine powder and supplement with that but I'd rather have it in the form of food. I stopped taking melatonin and magnesium(my asshole thanks me for that) since I found that getting sufficient collagen in my diet is just as effective. If it's the placebo effect then fuck it, it still works.

Nice! I use bone broth daily and drink collagen coffee etc, definitely very covered on that front.

I personally don't have sleep problems, I just want the best quality sleep available!.

Melatonin makes sleep acquisition easier but quality worse in the long-term, I would stay away.

I would notice it would have an opposite effect on me if I didn't time it perfectly. I would also feel hungover in the morning when taking it long term. Light headed and sometimes tracers in my vision that took a few hours to go away.

Nice! I use bone broth daily and drink collagen coffee etc, definitely very covered on that front.

I personally don't have sleep problems, I just want the best quality sleep available!.

Try getting it in before bed if you can!

Glycine glycine glycine.

I took magnesium, zinc and nitric oxide together on an empty stomach . I felt pretty rough and lightheaded and im pretty sure i shat fresh blood the next day.

I would notice it would have an opposite effect on me if I didn't time it perfectly. I would also feel hungover in the morning when taking it long term. Light headed and sometimes tracers in my vision that took a few hours to go away.
I am not a big fan of melatonin. I tend to dream hard and wake up exhausted.

Can you give this to a 15 month old who 100% recharges on 4 hours of sleep?
Not had 8 straight hours in over a year. Who stands up to clap and jump between 12-2am every night

Can you give this to a 15 month old who 100% recharges on 4 hours of sleep?
Not had 8 straight hours in over a year. Who stands up to clap and jump between 12-2am every night

None of the things listed here are synthetic or unnatural, but you may want to speak to a physician as to the dosing for a 15mo old.

I take melatonin if I slept in and need to wake up early the next day, because I will end up literally staying up all night. Tart cherry juice helps my sleep cycle A LOT, and also is one of the best drinks for muscle recovery so if you train martial arts or go to the gym then it kills two bird with one stone

Back