Small project Home Gym

Thank you for the updates.
No problem sir. Steps were taken to make sure this is the last time have to go through that.
Gym is about 1/4 of the building.
lHuJB8X.jpg

h4xAp8F.jpg

bZjwJ6D.jpg

Last edited:
Random update bc still going 5-6 days a week, haven't tested air condition yet. Built some dip bars, found a place for ropes and new slam ball
hIG8SKZ.jpg

Organization is gone, it's just me and I know where it's at. Started switching from weights to bells and made an $8 TRX system
3nnHpF7.jpg

Last edited:
It started off in 1 corner of the house, collecting a few weights. Filled a room..filled 2 rooms..had to buy a shop. Need a bigger shop. It's been a constant changing project, trial & error (lots of errors), replacing - swapping out gear/brands, upgrading braces and bolts from sessions going heavier and more intense.

The beginning
OuDiyxx.jpg

Thai bag gets most attention. (hours of choking on spray paint)
9qVBVJ0.jpg

Wrecking ball for music vids. Home made kick pads
VJtF0T4.jpg

Cleaner weight rack and busted/retired/uncomfortable gloves
zOb6eFs.jpg

Wall of clutter
U9qNAVy.jpg

Wow that's badass! I hope one day to have a fraction of that.

Wow that's badass! I hope one day to have a fraction of that.
Thanks young'un. Was always a goal to build a garage strictly for workouts. Didn't want to share with a vehicle or lawnmowers or tool shed. About 20 years of collecting here and there parts.

Thanks young'un. Was always a goal to build a garage strictly for workouts. Didn't want to share with a vehicle or lawnmowers or tool shed. About 20 years of collecting here and there parts.

Nice. I have similar but more in the form of survival gear than workout equipment, but that's still 100% badass! I likey :p

I see a lot of cheap stuff online, looking to maintain the gains, does anyone know a good company that isn’t sold out? I feel like there are a lot of websites that are fake too?? Looking to buy American made . I can't make my own thread, but building my gym too

I see a lot of cheap stuff online, looking to maintain the gains, does anyone know a good company that isn’t sold out? I feel like there are a lot of websites that are fake too?? Looking to buy American made . I can't make my own thread, but building my gym too
Garage sales, facebook local ads, craigs list, newspaper classified. The best stuff is things people bought years ago and used once then piled crap on it. They aren't set on prices so cash talks.

Fucking tremendous man. Wish I had that kind of space in NYC. You could probably charge your neighbors during these times and make back a good chunk of your investment, lol.

Fucking tremendous man. Wish I had that kind of space in NYC. You could probably charge your neighbors during these times and make back a good chunk of your investment, lol.
Thank ya much sir. That's rural LA, acres of land. There's dirt bike/ 4wheeler trails and a pond out here. But it comes in trade of heat, 8 months of summer. Have a very open door policy on anyone who asked to come by. There's a stress relief that can't be matched with a hardcore workout.

And the wall you built just got 10 feet higher, too! Lmao..
That turned into a kids set up. 14ft isn't high enough for climbing. 2 grabs and you're at the top, needs to be 20ft and higher.... or across the ceiling.

came here thru a wormhole and not necessarily meaning to bump this convo but this thread is fucking awesome and congratulations on all your hard work building your gym. It's very impressive man.

came here thru a wormhole and not necessarily meaning to bump this convo but this thread is fucking awesome and congratulations on all your hard work building your gym. It's very impressive man.
Thanks much boss! Bump away, if it helps anyone or gives an idea or they have questions, then you did a deed.
Started doing a bunch of Kettle bell / power clean/ snatch routines months ago. The floors are now covered in chalk. Have to use a leaf blower once a week to clean it.

Floors are full, moving up the walls
bmMKHQQ.jpg
Lat pull /dips /HPND
w9vS8K6.jpg
Monster wheels on fan bike getting some use
1qrl7oX.jpg
Step child machines getting put in dog corner
ZXfKJrn.jpg

I went through all the pics to make sure I didn't miss the mini fridge filled with Jocko's energy drinks. Damn nice set up though, better than most commercial gyms.

I went through all the pics to make sure I didn't miss the mini fridge filled with Jocko's energy drinks. Damn nice set up though, better than most commercial gyms.
That's the military guy showing up all over my browsing and YouTube feeds? Gonna have to order a case. Free to any Sherbro coming workout

Back