So how about some Leon at + 162 vs Khamzat?

KBE6EKCTAH_CCP

The thin end of the wedge
@Steel
Reaction score
I always crap the bed when I bet on underdogs but this coud be it. I think this is a perfect storm of hate towards Leon (who is solid AF) and blind hype for Khamzat (who looks like a good prospect but is untested).

What do the experts here think?

Leon really isn't that good. Even Chiesa beat RDA more decisively.

I can't have a guy with 30 seconds of cage time -200 or more against a top 4 guy of the division. Leon beats everyone Chimaev has beaten, maybe not by finish but he isn't that kind of fighter.

Leon should be fighting for a title, instead he's fighting a guy who's NEVER been pushed, never been tested, never gone the distance let alone championship rounds.

Maybe this kid goes on a Jon Jones like run. Maybe he's the future goat but on what we've seen we can't be having him juiced to the gills over a contender. I'm n leon and adding each week. If I lose, so be it, the kids real and I'm late on the train but based on what we know (not speculate), he can't be favourite.

His hype is also partially based on his wins against two absolute bums in Phillips and McKee.
For me he has to prove himself against elite opposition. Leon Edwards will be fired and more motivated than a fighter can ever be. Khamzat might get too cocky.
I already got money on Leon

I pity you fucking morons who don't train and can't tell how good a fighter is from watching him fight.

"B-b-but Leon has better names on his record therefore he's better, right? Right?"

Hahaha that's not how fighting works. I'm sure you retards also bet on Shogun to beat Jon Jones.

I pity you fucking morons who don't train and can't tell how good a fighter is from watching him fight.

"B-b-but Leon has better names on his record therefore he's better, right? Right?"

Hahaha that's not how fighting works. I'm sure you retards also bet on Shogun to beat Jon Jones.
Life of the party you are eh bruv?

I can't have a guy with 30 seconds of cage time -200 or more against a top 4 guy of the division. Leon beats everyone Chimaev has beaten, maybe not by finish but he isn't that kind of fighter.

Leon should be fighting for a title, instead he's fighting a guy who's NEVER been pushed, never been tested, never gone the distance let alone championship rounds.

Maybe this kid goes on a Jon Jones like run. Maybe he's the future goat but on what we've seen we can't be having him juiced to the gills over a contender. I'm n leon and adding each week. If I lose, so be it, the kids real and I'm late on the train but based on what we know (not speculate), he can't be favourite.

It blows my mind.

Not sure how anything that was said here warrants such an aggressive tone, TBH. And for someone with your arrogance, you should know that context is everything, i.e. it is much more difficult to look great against good opponents.

Leon is probably the best striker at WW.

Why would you say that? Because he outstruck shot RDA who was getting pieced up by felder?

Wonderboy, masvidal, even colby with the threat of takedowns are better

Why would you say that? Because he outstruck shot RDA who was getting pieced up by felder?

Wonderboy, masvidal, even colby with the threat of takedowns are better

In terms of technical prowess and soundness, Leon is excellent. Beautiful footwork, good timing, good defense, untelegraphed punches, good kicks, stellar elbows from the clinch. Nobody moves like him at WW. Seriously, don't be sleeping on Leon and go watch his fights. He may not be the most dangerous striker in terms of KO, but technically, nobody comes close. Mas is a good striker, too, yes I concede that, but he is a much heavier on his feet, older dude. Leon is just on another level.

Wonderboy? Ok, I can accept that but it is such a special style that it kind of falls outside of conventional benchmarking.

Wait did I just read that you just wrote that Colby has better striking than Leon? Buddy please you just lost all your credibility with that one. Please tell me that this was hyperbolic.

Oh and off-topic but please, also re-watch the Felder fight and you will see clearly that "Felder winning the standup against RDA" is utter, manufactured horseshit. It is simply not true. Felder's timing, distance and reflexes was COMPLETELY OFF the whole fight. He was getting tagged with jabs and straights literally the whole fight and looked like he did not even belong in there.

In terms of technical prowess and soundness, Leon is excellent. Beautiful footwork, good timing, good defense, untelegraphed punches, good kicks, stellar elbows from the clinch. Nobody moves like him at WW. Seriously, don't be sleeping on Leon and go watch his fights. He may not be the most dangerous striker in terms of KO, but technically, nobody comes close. Mas is a good striker, too, yes I concede that, but he is a much heavier on his feet, older dude. Leon is just on another level.

Wonderboy? Ok, I can accept that but it is such a special style that it kind of falls outside of conventional benchmarking.

Wait did I just read that you just wrote that Colby has better striking than Leon? Buddy please you just lost all your credibility with that one. Please tell me that this was hyperbolic.

Oh and off-topic but please, also re-watch the Felder fight and you will see clearly that "Felder winning the standup against RDA" is utter, manufactured horseshit. It is simply not true. Felder's timing, distance and reflexes was COMPLETELY OFF the whole fight. He was getting tagged with jabs and straights literally the whole fight and looked like he did not even belong in there.
Maybe because he didn't belong in there? You know cause he took it on 2 days notice?

And thats not true. RDA only won due to takedowns and wall and stall. He was landing jabs but Felder was landing the bigger shots. And you do seem to believe RDA is some kind of elite striker who, in beating, gives Liam Scott that totle. That's why Colby outlanded and walked down RDA and he got KOd by a featherweight lol

Also Colby didn't almost get knocked the fuck out by Bryan Barbarena is why.

Nobody got time for an arrogant and immature child like yourself. Get lost buddy l

Maybe because he didn't belong in there? You know cause he took it on 2 days notice?

And thats not true. RDA only won due to takedowns and wall and stall. He was landing jabs but Felder was landing the bigger shots. And you do seem to believe RDA is some kind of elite striker who, in beating, gives Liam Scott that totle. That's why Colby outlanded and walked down RDA and he got KOd by a featherweight lol

Also Colby didn't almost get knocked the fuck out by Bryan Barbarena is why.
Your logic is very flawed. Maybe your wiki capping flies in the general forums. But the "well he had a harder time against that fighter, therefore he is not as good" is bad reasoning.
Also your Colby comparison regarding the striking aspect makes no sense whatsoever.

Your logic is very flawed. Maybe your wiki capping flies in the general forums. But the "well he had a harder time against that fighter, therefore he is not as good" is bad reasoning.
Also your Colby comparison regarding the striking aspect makes no sense whatsoever.
<TrumpWrong1>

Back