So how about some Leon at + 162 vs Khamzat?

Line is justified, just look at Leons build very small waist, long legs. He will not stop the takedown.

I'm betting on Edwards. He's been on an incredibly long tear. Put Nelson in some bad spots on the ground and handled his grappling well.

He's a volume striker and should be able to finish Khazmat in the later rounds.

Leon is LEGIT. There are so many question marks around Khazmat.

I'll be betting pretty large on Leon, if Khazmat wins, he's legit af and I will never doubt him again.

The Colby has better striking than Leon part was pretty hideous. You painted yourself into a corner, lol.
I said with the threat of takedowns. If they thought I have no doubt colby would outstrike him.

I hate hype trains. I throw rocks at them as they pass by. I will say I think Khamzat has a distinct physicality and speed edge in wrasslin' over Edward's. Seen a bunch of his competition footage and he's got an amazing grip thats hard to break. Edward's is very talented and experienced but will struggle against the Khamzat imposing his will.

You all just know we're waiting for Sadistics' pick.

And he passes. Lmao.

I'm betting on Edwards. He's been on an incredibly long tear. Put Nelson in some bad spots on the ground and handled his grappling well.

He's a volume striker and should be able to finish Khazmat in the later rounds.

Leon is LEGIT. There are so many question marks around Khazmat.

I'll be betting pretty large on Leon, if Khazmat wins, he's legit af and I will never doubt him again.
This is my attitude. There's very little to justify Leon being the dog when you look at what we know. Massive step up in competition here, if the kid passes the test, he's probably taking out Usman as well and we should all be very thankful

Pretty surprised by that line, was thinking I would bet Khamzat at dog odds because he has a decent shot at winning, but I feel like you have to play Leon at these odds out of principle.

I rewatched Edwards vs RDA yesterday. I suggest everyone else wanting to bet on this fight does the same. Good pace, good mix of grappling, clinching and technical striking.

The odds on this fight are wonky, the hype is real. I know it's not all hype as Khamzat has really put up performances to back all that up.. But a sizable part about those odds are based on the hype. Let's take a look at what this fight is about.

Khamzat has had a total of one (1) fights in the welterweight division. That one fight was against a skinny kid with a nickname "Skeletor", who took the fight (his UFC debut) on one week notice. Khamzat also had two fights in the MW division, beating Phillips (1-5 UFC, now has been cut) up on the ground before submitting him and knocked Meerschaert out with the first punch thrown. The Meerschaert one was shocking as almost everyone expected to see a fight and probably some grappling as GM3 is a UFC veteran with solid grappling. We didn't get to see a fight, but what happened really made Khamzat Chimaev hype take off in a huge way. There already was "Khamzat GOAT" and "next champ champ" talk before this one and we all know what that kind of performance does to that.

Well aren't the odds expected then since there hasn't been ANY resistance? Not a single opponent even made it a fight against Khamzat! The answer is yes and no.

The unknown

There is no denying what already happened and what kind of great performances Khamzat has put up already. What we haven't seen is the more important question. Each fight and each fighter poses a different puzzle. MMA is a different kind of beast as it has so many aspects to it. In my opinion "Borz" has had low level puzzles in front of him and he solved them all in a spectacular fashion. That doesn't mean that he'd easily crack the first really high level puzzle that gets thrown his way, because like I just wrote, MMA has so many aspects to it and that's why direct MMA math doesn't work.

We haven't seen Khamzat fight a real high level, proven elite fighter. We haven't seen him really fight in the UFC as in he hasn't faced any adversity yet. We haven't seen how he handles getting punched, kicked and elbowed, cut up or even rocked. We haven't seen him exhausted, how he performs when his muscles are filling with lactic acid, when he's out of breath and not being given a breather. These are the unknowns, the questions that need to be answered and I think this is exactly the fight that gives us those answers.

I've never liked Edwards much and a part of that is because of the inactivity and all that jazz. He's a very, very good fighter, though. I'll list some of the things that make him so good.

- Cardio seems to be on par with the absolute best. He has a real five round gas tank, even on a faster pace he continues to look fresh. Very rare.
- Striking is fast and sharp. The range, timing and shot selection are all great. He doesn't 'gaethje' his punches (Trevor Wittman telling Justin to "take 10% off of your punches, you're trying to kill him!") and instead snaps them home with great accuracy and technique. Good, quick kicks and great left elbow that he lands continuously.
- Underrated grappling. Edwards isn't a grappling based fighter and he's British so many think he's not a good grappler. Wrong. He's a solid grappler with good defensive BJJ, good TDD and great balance. I wanted to go outside and kick rocks when he neutralized Gunnar Nelson's grappling (yes, I remember he got mounted by Gunni late in the 3rd) and he clearly surprised RDA with the early takedown in the first round and good top control in their fight. In the RDA fight he was on the bottom once, I think, and RDA tried to take the fight to the ground many times. I know RDA isn't the greatest wrestler of his division, but he's a hell of a grappler (remember when he started taking Colby down in their fight?). Underrated as a grappler.
- Excellent footwork and fight IQ. Dangerous inside and outside, keeps himself safe well and finds where he can land and not get landed on. Uses the space and the cage well.
- Impressive defense and a solid chin. Tough. He's been there, he's gotten tagged and even dropped, he's been hit with some evil calf kicks and proven that he can keep going and putting it on you.

I could do a breakdown of this fight and the things I see when watching their fights. It's a month away so I'll get back to it. However, I already made a 100 euro bet on Edwards as the odds are too good to pass in my opinion. While Khamzat is clearly done very well, he's not proven enough to warrant the "62,3% to win" odds against a proven top 5 fighter in Edwards. I'm not this or that will happen, I'm saying that there are too many unanswered questions about "Goatzat Goataev" and the hype has made the odds too good to pass.

Let me know what you think.

This is my attitude. There's very little to justify Leon being the dog when you look at what we know. Massive step up in competition here, if the kid passes the test, he's probably taking out Usman as well and we should all be very thankful

Not if Burns does it first and I would LOVE to see Burns/Khamzat

I rewatched Edwards vs RDA yesterday. I suggest everyone else wanting to bet on this fight does the same. Good pace, good mix of grappling, clinching and technical striking.

The odds on this fight are wonky, the hype is real. I know it's not all hype as Khamzat has really put up performances to back all that up.. But a sizable part about those odds are based on the hype. Let's take a look at what this fight is about.

Khamzat has had a total of one (1) fights in the welterweight division. That one fight was against a skinny kid with a nickname "Skeletor", who took the fight (his UFC debut) on one week notice. Khamzat also had two fights in the MW division, beating Phillips (1-5 UFC, now has been cut) up on the ground before submitting him and knocked Meerschaert out with the first punch thrown. The Meerschaert one was shocking as almost everyone expected to see a fight and probably some grappling as GM3 is a UFC veteran with solid grappling. We didn't get to see a fight, but what happened really made Khamzat Chimaev hype take off in a huge way. There already was "Khamzat GOAT" and "next champ champ" talk before this one and we all know what that kind of performance does to that.

Well aren't the odds expected then since there hasn't been ANY resistance? Not a single opponent even made it a fight against Khamzat! The answer is yes and no.

The unknown

There is no denying what already happened and what kind of great performances Khamzat has put up already. What we haven't seen is the more important question. Each fight and each fighter poses a different puzzle. MMA is a different kind of beast as it has so many aspects to it. In my opinion "Borz" has had low level puzzles in front of him and he solved them all in a spectacular fashion. That doesn't mean that he'd easily crack the first really high level puzzle that gets thrown his way, because like I just wrote, MMA has so many aspects to it and that's why direct MMA math doesn't work.

We haven't seen Khamzat fight a real high level, proven elite fighter. We haven't seen him really fight in the UFC as in he hasn't faced any adversity yet. We haven't seen how he handles getting punched, kicked and elbowed, cut up or even rocked. We haven't seen him exhausted, how he performs when his muscles are filling with lactic acid, when he's out of breath and not being given a breather. These are the unknowns, the questions that need to be answered and I think this is exactly the fight that gives us those answers.

I've never liked Edwards much and a part of that is because of the inactivity and all that jazz. He's a very, very good fighter, though. I'll list some of the things that make him so good.

- Cardio seems to be on par with the absolute best. He has a real five round gas tank, even on a faster pace he continues to look fresh. Very rare.
- Striking is fast and sharp. The range, timing and shot selection are all great. He doesn't 'gaethje' his punches (Trevor Wittman telling Justin to "take 10% off of your punches, you're trying to kill him!") and instead snaps them home with great accuracy and technique. Good, quick kicks and great left elbow that he lands continuously.
- Underrated grappling. Edwards isn't a grappling based fighter and he's British so many think he's not a good grappler. Wrong. He's a solid grappler with good defensive BJJ, good TDD and great balance. I wanted to go outside and kick rocks when he neutralized Gunnar Nelson's grappling (yes, I remember he got mounted by Gunni late in the 3rd) and he clearly surprised RDA with the early takedown in the first round and good top control in their fight. In the RDA fight he was on the bottom once, I think, and RDA tried to take the fight to the ground many times. I know RDA isn't the greatest wrestler of his division, but he's a hell of a grappler (remember when he started taking Colby down in their fight?). Underrated as a grappler.
- Excellent footwork and fight IQ. Dangerous inside and outside, keeps himself safe well and finds where he can land and not get landed on. Uses the space and the cage well.
- Impressive defense and a solid chin. Tough. He's been there, he's gotten tagged and even dropped, he's been hit with some evil calf kicks and proven that he can keep going and putting it on you.

I could do a breakdown of this fight and the things I see when watching their fights. It's a month away so I'll get back to it. However, I already made a 100 euro bet on Edwards as the odds are too good to pass in my opinion. While Khamzat is clearly done very well, he's not proven enough to warrant the "62,3% to win" odds against a proven top 5 fighter in Edwards. I'm not this or that will happen, I'm saying that there are too many unanswered questions about "Goatzat Goataev" and the hype has made the odds too good to pass.

Let me know what you think.

Yes you are addressing most critical points. Borz is unproven, period. The elephant in the room is the cardio for 5 rounds and reacting to adversity.

Then, Leon has excellent striking and excellent defense. Has good TD defense and standing back up abilities. Excellent footwork and movement, very efficient. Proven cardio for 5 rounds.

All in all I see Borz possibly taking him down for 2 rounds of GnP AT BEST but gassing himself out in the process and losing on points the last 3 rounds.

I don't see Borz catching Leon with his striking. On the contrary, Leon has excellent defense and counters/follow ups. Borz is losing the striking.

The only caveat I see is Borz's size. I think that he is like 5 cm taller than Leon, so maybe that is a factor that might fuck with Leon.

Lastly, in terms of interactions, not many people know this, but in his older fights we have seen Borz start swinging aggressively in later rounds with his chin out, when the fight gets close. YOu don't do that shit against Leon.

Khamzat will have no problem taking Leon down. The question is what will happen once he does, can he keep him down? Can he smesh? Can he sub? Hard to think he will be able to keep Leon down and dominate him.

His hype is also partially based on his wins against two absolute bums in Phillips and McKee.
For me he has to prove himself against elite opposition. Leon Edwards will be fired and more motivated than a fighter can ever be. Khamzat might get too cocky.
I already got money on Leon
I got Leon at +170. Crazy.

Back