International So if the American Civil Rights didn't happen in the 60s, would Liberal Europe/world be racist?

Shoden

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Just wondering sherbros, how much of a global impact did the American Civil Rights have on the world?

I mean if segregation was still happening and the civil right marches/acts/etc failed.......Would the whole world be racist/segregated?

Or was Europe already ahead of it's time and not racist during the 60s?.........and how about other parts of the world?

I mean America was the most powerful country, they lead by example....so if they kept Segregation/obvious racism alive, would Europe/World had followed as well?

Just wondering sherbros.

Europe didn’t have state imposed segregation like in the US and South Africa.

With the 60s civil rights movement it was America who was catching up to the rest of the developed world regarding basic human rights.

Racism (or at least, evidence of it) tends to be a byproduct of diversity.
America was always going to have more of a challenge than Europe. And in facing that challenge, they (and the UK, if we're being fair) did help to set a standard for the rest of the world.

Have they done a perfect job? Not even close, but Europe is not fit to judge America in this particular area. Their exposure to non-European diversity has long been very selective and very controlled. And even then, they've not always responded to it in the best way.

Europe didn’t have state imposed segregation like in the US and South Africa.

With the 60s civil rights movement it was America who was catching up to the rest of the developed world regarding basic human rights.

Not only that, Europe had monarchs, aristocrats, and members of high society, that where people of colour.

I think you don't know much about european societies in the 60s.

The Liberal world is racist.

giphy.gif

And lol at the racist libtard missing the throw.

giphy.gif

Why do People think that all of the United States was like the South back then? There were free states like Michigan that never had slavery or Jim Crow laws. I'm not saying that there were wasn't racism in those places, but there were 20+ states that didn't allow slavery and never had any segregation laws on paper.

Considering Europe was only 20 years out from the holocaust (which eliminated the primary minority population of the continent) and was still in the process of decolonizing during the 1960's I'd say they were pulling their weight when it comes racism.

No, in fact black jazz musicians would regularly tour Europe back then and were treated just like white musicians.

Talking about Europe or even United States as a single entity is pointless.

The U.S. had regions that were "ahead of its time" when it comes to racism even in the late 1800's, and then it obviously had regions that were very backwards, up until recent times. Same goes for Europe, really. If you go to certain places, you'll find that immigrants are not welcomed with open arms, like they might be in the rest of Europe.

Americans tend to overestimate how much europeans care about america and american opinion fads.

About zero effect, it is vastly overrated

If you mention Martin Luther in Europe, people will know it is the founder of Protestantism. Nobody knows who the "King" imposter slutmaker fraud guy was.

I don't know... I mean there's racism over the pond. It just seems a lot different due to their demographics.

- Gypsies? (Travelers) - This is seems to be big one, though maybe not undeserved?
- Irish and UK?
- Against the Greeks/Italians?
- Etc? I'm sure there's plenty more cultural conflicts where the people hate other..

I really have no idea... just throwing it out there. Anti-black sentiment isn't the only racism out there, no matter what the US Liberal Left tries to propagate.

I know of stories that Black GI's, who were stationed in Britain in WW2, walked into pubs and were greeted warmly by the locals but the White GI's who were in the pubs wanted them kicked out. And being treated well in Britain had a lasting effect, around a third of the leaders of the civil rights movement in the 1950s and 1960s were veterans of the Second World War.

Racism (or at least, evidence of it) tends to be a byproduct of diversity.
America was always going to have more of a challenge than Europe. And in facing that challenge, they (and the UK, if we're being fair) did help to set a standard for the rest of the world.

Have they done a perfect job? Not even close, but Europe is not fit to judge America in this particular area. Their exposure to non-European diversity has long been very selective and very controlled. And even then, they've not always responded to it in the best way.

Racism is a by-product of colonialism and slavery. It's more of a challenge because it makes up a larger part of Americas history. It's a lot easier to look down on others, when it has been used to "civilise" them.

As for the UK setting a standard .....

The reason I was never exposed to non-European diversity growing up, is because my country wasn't on that side of the fence (plus wtf wanted to more here pre late 80's ?). Exposure is as selective and controlled as it is, in most other countries around the world. It's just as hard for someone from the US to move here as someone from South Africa and in some cases its easier for the South African because its a former colony, part of the commonwealth, CTA, etc

How many racial minorities do you think were in Europe in the 60s? It was like 7 dudes. Civil rights was a thing in the US because we actually had a sizeable black population, Europe didn't. Several countries in Europe were still euthanizing retards into the 1980s.

<Lmaoo>

racism reaches a lot farther than just laws permitting segregation. whites in america and europe are both still racist but the QOL for people of color has certainly improved over the years. regardless, like others have said, america was basically the only country still doing this shit back then.

Back