So Mcgregor has an American accent now?

I'm assuming most of you have heard his apology to Bisping, or whatever that was. Where has this American accent come from? Or is conor playing an American in Road House so once again has blurred the lines between fiction and reality? If thats his best attempt at an accent , Daniel Day Lewis can rest easy.

Did you see his can crushing sparring sessions??? His team isn't helping

IF it's related to the acting job, I don't think it is entirely uncommon. I've read that actors that have to pick up a different accent will sometimes keep talking that way off camera both as practice and maintenance. iirc some dialect coaches suggest it, but not certain.

then there are those pure method folks that just live the role... I could see Conor doing some really mislead version of that thinking he'll be the next Oscar nominee lolol.

but, this is Conor, who the hell knows.

Method actors do it. Christian bale gets nutty doing roles. He is all in. I think McGregor doing movies just lowers his attention that's been gone since Alvarez.

Method actors do it. Christian bale gets nutty doing roles. He is all in. I think McGregor doing movies just lowers his attention that's been gone since Alvarez.
yeh I was thinking of him, Leto, couple others when I mentioned the method types.

I think there are others that are less method, but still keep an accent off set just to preserve/ practice it.

none of that may apply to Conor, but I imagine it would be a little weird to switch back and forth from Brit to Murrcan, Irish to Murrcan, whatever on the fly.

maybe he's doing therapy sessions with mackenzie dern's dialect coach

I was watching the Ralek/Tonon match on YouTube the other day and when I realized she was commentating I had to put it on mute. Her and her fake accent are super annoying.

He took this time to apologize to Michael.

Has he been preparing for his movie role by watching non stop macho man Randy Savage promos?
giphy.gif

Idk man, he still just sounds like a prick to me.

I Guess the coke binged ended and his PR guy told him to apologize. The american accent i don't know, he always drew the irish americans for his fights sooo... smart move?

I was watching the Ralek/Tonon match on YouTube the other day and when I realized she was commentating I had to put it on mute. Her and her fake accent are super annoying.

Yeah, it's been debated over and over on this forum. I still can't believe someone would rationalize this bizarre behavior.

When he came to the UFC, he changed his accent so we can understand him.

IF it's related to the acting job, I don't think it is entirely uncommon. I've read that actors that have to pick up a different accent will sometimes keep talking that way off camera both as practice and maintenance. iirc some dialect coaches suggest it, but not certain.

then there are those pure method folks that just live the role... I could see Conor doing some really mislead version of that thinking he'll be the next Oscar nominee lolol.

but, this is Conor, who the hell knows.

Yeah, he's obviously practicing his new accent after all the coaching he's had from the acting gig. I actually thought it was someone imitating him, at first. I think it is kind of funny. Conor loves to troll. Sometimes it flops, sometimes it is funny.

yeh I was thinking of him, Leto, couple others when I mentioned the method types.

I think there are others that are less method, but still keep an accent off set just to preserve/ practice it.

none of that may apply to Conor, but I imagine it would be a little weird to switch back and forth from Brit to Murrcan, Irish to Murrcan, whatever on the fly.

There's definitely ego, mindset, and methodology that goes into these things.

There is a epic sperg out Bale incident on the set of terminator. These guys got egos and a lot go into it.

The most notorious (no pun) comes from. Heath ledger playing joker. Talk about going into insanity.

Back