So the troll No showed to sparring Casey O’Neil

It's not about glory, it's about checking yourself, and in this case, checking someone who is probably accustomed to doing the checking and making sure *they* don't get a little bit too crazy themselves in their zeal.

It's not like women fighters shouldn't held accountable any less than couch potato trolls or male professional fighters, etc...

"Who watches the watchers" is a famous phrase for a reason.

She didn't randomly start with this guy. He was the one that got checked.

would be funny if like Cejudo went undercover as the troll and whooped her ass.

She didn't randomly start with this guy. He was the one that got checked.

Of course.

That doesn't mean all responses are valid and acceptable or lacking any sort of context.

If you challenge a man to a fight as a woman (or a child, or an elderly person), you accept the consequences.

Issuing fight challenges to men as a woman is done with social and cultural protections in place and automatically places the man in a no-win situation where they can realistically choose between not showing up and fighting to win and probably getting gang beaten by a group of men afterwards. It's basically an auto-win button and signifies nothing.

My oldest daughter is almost a teenager and is starting to fool around a little bit with BJJ (much to my surprise, I didn't think she would be interested)...her game is incredibly weak compared to mine, and that's just reality. I smash her in training rolls at home with absolutely zero difficulty, and when she "playfully" challenges me I give her the business full-stop.

Ooft imagine some 6ft dude 200lbs semi out of shape showing up and just sparking her out. I usually hate these call puts because they show that the average person thinks they are way better than they are… but accepting a call out at 125lbs as a female against a man is just a lose lose for the troll.

best case scenario he shows up and knocks her out brutally, getting called a piece of shit
Worst case is he can’t stuff a takedown and gets subbed, getting called a fat piece of shit
I don't which outcome is better tbh.. If he loses he will get made fun of but if he beats her up I think he'd have a hard time making it out of the gym without getting his ass kicked and even if he did I feel like he'd have to watch his back when going places. After thinking about it I honestly think him losing is the best possible outcome.

Of course.

That doesn't mean all responses are valid and acceptable or lacking any sort of context.

If you challenge a man to a fight as a woman (or a child, or an elderly person), you accept the consequences.

Issuing fight challenges to men as a woman is done with social and cultural protections in place and automatically places the man in a no-win situation where they can realistically choose between not showing up and fighting to win and probably getting gang beaten by a group of men afterwards. It's basically an auto-win button and signifies nothing.

My oldest daughter is almost a teenager and is starting to fool around a little bit with BJJ (much to my surprise, I didn't think she would be interested)...her game is incredibly weak compared to mine, and that's just reality. I smash her in training rolls at home with absolutely zero difficulty, and when she "playfully" challenges me I give her the business full-stop.

Lol, ok? Didn't need that whole anecdote about you and your daughter.

Speaking of context, it really matters that she wasn't the one starting here. If you do what you described in your OP, you're not checking someone, you're just being an asshole.

You're gonna check someone that you started shit with? That's an absurd concept.

O'Neil is ugly hot. I can't explain it well. She is hot as hell but she also looks like chad squidward at the same time.

If showing up somewhere to fight the weakest person there makes you feel tough, you deserve to get your ass whooped.

The guy isn't Charlie Z saying he's a badass or even a misogynist saying women can't fight, just some fan who thinks this particular fight was not UFC level, and hes probably right.

You said it yourself... shes probably one of the worst fighters at the gym but one of the only ones in the UFC

The women's champions are getting better but the divisions they reign are too thin

Imagine going to a gym full of roided out professional MMA fighters to spar a hot female teammate of theirs.

Surely they wouldn't be thirstily waiting for any kind of an opportunity to white knight for said hot female teammate and would calmly accept the result if, by any chance, the male "troll" would actually manage to hurt Casey.

What an absolute pussy that troll is, amirite guys?!

Meh, should have thought of that before. Also, if the dude would come in respectfully to the sparring session, I doubt anything bad would happen. And if the dude actually knows what he is doing, he should be able to hold back enough to not hurt her, so why be so afraid of that off chance he might hurt her? Also he could talk to her and make sure she has an understanding with her teammates to not come running in at the first sign she might be in some trouble. Just have some clear understandings before you go through with it and bring some people with you who will film the whole ordeal, as insurance.

Last edited:
Meh, should have thought of that before. Also, if the dude would come in respectful to the sparring session, I doubt anything bad would happen. And if the dude actually knows what he is doing, he should be able to hold back enough to not hurt her, so why be so afraid of that off chance he might hurt her? Also he could talk to her and make sure she has an understanding with her teammates to not come running in at the first sign she might be in some trouble.
Well the point is that he's probably a fat fuck that doesn't really know what he's doing and is just gonna throw his weight around, so of course she will get hurt if he wins and they won't respect him

Speaking of context, it really matters that she wasn't the one starting here. If you do what you described in your OP, you're not checking someone, you're just being an asshole.

You're gonna check someone that you started shit with? That's an absurd concept.

Women (and children, elderly, disabled people, etc...) need to learn that you can't issue challenges and then hide behind your status for protection.

If you want to throw down, go all in. If you want to risk challenging a man (and in the process subjecting him to extreme mockery), then you should take on the risk of the man on the other side being able to completely obliterate you.

Internet trolls talk shit all the time, but so do trained hobbyists and even professional fighters.

The only reason women are comfortable issuing fight challenges is because they know they are never going to face the full consequences of that action. Worse case scenario, the man is trained and basically plays a control game without hurting them. Best case, they wail away on some fat doofus without meaningful resistance.

Equilibrium needs to be restored in nature. Linking risk and reward is the best way to do that.

Of course.

I severely doubt the male fighters would have done anything. But it is a no-win in the sense that you look bad whether you win or lose.

Women (and children, elderly, disabled people, etc...) need to learn that you can't issue challenges and then hide behind your status for protection.

If you want to throw down, go all in. If you want to risk challenging a man (and in the process subjecting him to extreme mockery), then you should take on the risk of the man on the other side being able to completely obliterate you.

Internet trolls talk shit all the time, but so do trained hobbyists and even professional fighters.

The only reason women are comfortable issuing fight challenges is because they know they are never going to face the full consequences of that action. Worse case scenario, the man is trained and basically plays a control game without hurting them. Best case, they wail away on some fat doofus without meaningful resistance.

Equilibrium needs to be restored in nature. Linking risk and reward is the best way to do that.

This sounds awfully personal to you, man.

Whose kids did you beat up? Or was it an elderly or disabled person, etc.?

{<hhh]

Well the point is that he's probably a fat fuck that doesn't really know what he's doing and is just gonna throw his weight around, so of course she will get hurt if he wins and they won't respect him

That's not the point, that's an assumption. Not all trolls are actually fat. They come in all shapes and sizes. And if he can't have a measured approach, then he can't actually spar and shouldn't have challenged anyone to a sparring session. That's not on the supposed over-protective teammates.

He didn't want to hurt her. Sherbros are like that

Hitman daddeh!! How you doin babeh?

americandream-dusti.gif

That's not the point, that's an assumption. Not all trolls are actually fat. They come in all shapes and sizes. And if he can't have a measured approach, then he can't actually spar and shouldn't have challenged anyone to a sparring session. That's not on the supposed over-protective teammates.

She challenged him and he said sure I think I can win even though I don't train. Its not going to be controlled sparring between trained martial artists.

I just think it's disingenuous for anyone in this day and age to be calling out randoms to gym wars.

I'm simply explaining the dynamic.

My logic is undeniable.

Of course it is, to you.

You've seriously got some issues if you think you need to beat up an elderly or disabled person to "restore equilibrium in nature".

And like I said, she didn't start it. That really is a key factor here.

She challenged him and he said sure I think I can win even though I don't train. Its not going to be controlled sparring between trained martial artists.

I just think it's disingenuous for anyone in this day and age to be calling out randoms to gym wars.

Maybe I missed it, but where did you see he doesn't train? If he is a complete noob, then he is still responsible for accepting the offer and pussing out. The blame really doesn't lie with the challenger or the supposed overprotective teammates. He never had to accept in the first place, nor supposedly shit on her, if he did that.

And she clearly said sparring, not fighting, so why assume it would be a gym war?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back