So this is how much pro kickboxers make on average

I think my question fits to the topic because i can not open a thread. my questions is, what kind of sponsors does badri hari has? he is on of the most known athletes of this sport but i can see baryly any sponsors on his shorts. back in the days he was sponsored by kia, i think. for example, rico has a lot of names and brands on his shorts and t-shirt...
isnt he even more fame than rico in holland but has no visibly sponsorship?
maybe some dutch guys can anwser to this
thanks a lot and have a nice day

I think my question fits to the topic because i can not open a thread. my questions is, what kind of sponsors does badri hari has? he is on of the most known athletes of this sport but i can see baryly any sponsors on his shorts. back in the days he was sponsored by kia, i think. for example, rico has a lot of names and brands on his shorts and t-shirt...
isnt he even more fame than rico in holland but has no visibly sponsorship?
maybe some dutch guys can anwser to this
thanks a lot and have a nice day
Badr Hari is not just famous, he's infamous. While his recognizable name and exciting style allow him to negociate big fight purses, I don't see many brands willing to sponsor a fighter with well-known mafia ties and a criminal record.

When my coach was competing in Glory he said he got anywhere from $1,000 - $5,000 and the $5,000 happening only once (it was either his fight with Valtellini or Raymond Daniels, I can't remember). Like y'all have been saying, it is more profitable to open a gym. Also helps that the income is much more reliable than waiting on payouts from promotions. It's a shame how much work you have to put in just to get peanuts.
Who is your coach?

The problem with kickboxing is any promoter can put on a local show and crown his fighters "world champions".

But yeah, most pro kickboxers don't make even close to 20k. That's the best case scenario. Gabriel Varga got an offer to fight Saenchai for 2k, which he declined.
Yeah even if you're a world champ in a legitimate organization, you can still get paid peanuts, especially in the lighter weights. There is just not enough money in it

Francois Ambang
I trained with & was a sparring partner for Amer Abdallah who fought Francois several years ago. Amer eventually went undefeated & won the WKA world title. And the only way that he made money was by promoting his own shows & training/managing/promoting his own stable of fighters.

I was a pro boxer & a paid sparring partner for several world champions & top contenders & I made more in a couple of days as a sparring partner than I did in my lone pro kickboxing bout. And it was against the Canadian light-middleweight champion in Kingston, Ontario.

So, yeah, kickboxing is definitely on the lowest tier of combat sports when it comes to paydays.

Which is why so many people here in Germany open up kickboxing gyms
yeah and they might open also fitness gyms.
another option is to become business co owner ( retail sales, fitness, KB etc gyms ).

Most Kickboxers I know work a normal job and only compete cause they love to do it, more often than not you probably make more money opening your own gym than just fighting.
Yeah, this is also different social class.
regular work like coach = this means stabile income. Also coach might earn when he is 50 and even 60 y.o.
business, is one retail business or gym owner or co owner = different social status. Businessman.
Fighting = risky field, ppl do know that future income is insecure. You don't fight, quickly become not actual and not interesting. Unless you are very big name well known long years in row as big name.
With gym business they might earn also when they doesn't fight, are old or injured.
If money enough, might hire fitness and KB coaches.

I made more in a couple of days as a sparring partner than I did in my lone pro kickboxing bout.
Yeah. debut fights usually are low paid also in boxing.
Not alone kickboxing, debut guys purses are very low. A lot good amateurs doesn't turn in pro for this reason. Happens that they choose to be pro boxers or pro mma guys. Opposite conversion from mma or boxe in pro KB I didn't had saw. This too explains a lot.

I have a hard time believing that we'd ever see useful data on fighter pay for any combat sport. So many promoters, so many small shows etc. For sure something people should be doing because they love it; I'm going to guess that the pay from all income streams for the average fighter in any combat sport is not even close to covering expenses.

Cliffs: unless you're a superstar, you'd be lucky to make 20k per fight.

LMAO, this is pathetic. Don't quit your day job, folks!

Cool post ..thanks for sharing.

80K a year.for 4 fights minus camp fees still.pays more then most positions not requiring schooling...and thats not factoring in sponsors or advertising grinding..

But if your neck deep in a career and making a change this is important news to know...would probably be best to run double duty till it makes sense to ditch the old career...the days of quiting ur day job to be world kickboxing star are over...i dont know why promotions struggle so hard to grow or keep tournaments going....kickboxers have always fought the most out of boxers and MMA per year...

I mean if ur dropping guys in the first round...you could fit 6 fights in a year... 6 X 25k is over 100,000 once you include bonuses or sponsors money but u have to be great to pull that kind of shit off

Great reality check for young fighters

20k for a fight without full mma is better than 20k for a ufc purse which def happened to Felder

MMA fighters and kickboxers and low level boxers all get screwed, I don't think it worth comparing who's the bigger victim. It does seem like kickboxing has the least overall revenue incoming (a shame really, considering how awesome K1 used to be), so we can't even accuse the promoters of robbi for fighters all that much.

Back