So who has cancelled/suspended their membership and who hasn't?

<{1-13}>lol. Just check out the UFC finishes thread. <Aug3>lol.

no jap girls win fights in ufc lol asian girls are very conservative and usually hold their head down and very quiet i guess hentai and anime makes white people think that they are like what they see in cartoons

We have no official date for reopening gyms, and at the current rate of progress, I would be surprised if it happens before June at the earliest.

I will continue to support my Academy. Even paying my monthly fees, I'm actually saving money at the moment since there's nothing else to spend it on. Plus, my employers just gave everyone a 10% bonus as hazard pay, which is nice.

It's a very tough time for my Professor, and I'm happy to support him in any way I can.

Off topic: Very cool. I've been looking forward to MORBIUS with Leto in the lead since it was announced. I've been a big fan of the character since I bought Amazing Spider-Man #101 way back when I was a kid. And I've been a fan of Leto's since I saw REQUIEM FOR A DREAM in 2000.
Did you hear though that the studio pushed back the release of MORBIUS until sometime in 2021? I'm really disappointed with their decision but what can you do? This damned virus has wreaked havoc on just about all aspects of life.

Off topic: Very cool. I've been looking forward to MORBIUS with Leto in the lead since it was announced. I've been a big fan of the character since I bought Amazing Spider-Man #101 way back when I was a kid. And I've been a fan of Leto's since I saw REQUIEM FOR A DREAM in 2000.
Did you hear though that the studio pushed back the release of MORBIUS until sometime in 2021? I'm really disappointed with their decision but what can you do? This damned virus has wreaked havoc on just about all aspects of life.

Literally just watched the video on YouTube about Morbius being delayed until next year. I'm severely pissed off. At this rate, I won't be going to the movies until November at the earliest.

I understand the reasoning behind it, of course. People's health must come first, and Sony, Marvel etc can't afford to release movies if they don't make money. But I'm still gutted.

Last edited:
Literally just watched the video on YouTube about Morbius being delayed until next year. I'm severely pissed off. At this rate, I won't be going to the movies until November at the earliest.

I understand the reasoning behind it, of course. People's health must come first, and Sony, Marvel etc can't afford to release movies if they don't make money. But I'm still gutted.

I need a freaking drink...:(

You & me both, my friend.
I'm gutted as well. We were only about two months away from seeing the film & now the studio isn't going to release it until next March. Which means it's going to be a year. It's very disappointing. I'd have rather had them slot it in as a Halloween release but I guess films released during that time of year fail to gross as much so I suppose they're doing the right thing.

Hang in there & stay healthy.
Peace.

no jap girls win fights in ufc lol asian girls are very conservative and usually hold their head down and very quiet i guess hentai and anime makes white people think that they are like what they see in cartoons
It's just an icon. too meee.<{1-7}>

You & me both, my friend.
I'm gutted as well. We were only about two months away from seeing the film & now the studio isn't going to release it until next March. Which means it's going to be a year. It's very disappointing. I'd have rather had them slot it in as a Halloween release but I guess films released during that time of year fail to gross as much so I suppose they're doing the right thing.

Hang in there & stay healthy.
Peace.

If things get back to normal by the end of the year, it's going to be ridiculously stacked: No Time to Die, Black Widow, Eternals and the Disney Plus series.

Thanks for the kind words, man. All the best to you and your family.

If things get back to normal by the end of the year, it's going to be ridiculously stacked: No Time to Die, Black Widow, Eternals and the Disney Plus series.

Thanks for the kind words, man. All the best to you and your family.

There certainly will be a glut of films getting released in a relatively short amount of time.
But it's difficult to take solace in that right now with everything that's happening. How are things in Scotland as far as the virus is concerned? Has it gotten bad there yet? I hope not.

Best to you & yours as well.

There certainly will be a glut of films getting released in a relatively short amount of time.
But it's difficult to take solace in that right now with everything that's happening. How are things in Scotland as far as the virus is concerned? Has it gotten bad there yet? I hope not.

Best to you & yours as well.

We're on lockdown, like pretty much everyone else. People are only supposed to go out for essential shopping, like food or medicine. They're also allowed one period of outside exercise per day, but it must be either alone or with a family member. We've had just south of 2000 confirmed cases, with 60 dead. But the actual number of Scots who have been infected with the virus is thought to be in the tens of thousands. It's just that most of them are so mild they don't require medical attentions.

Thanks, bro. Stay safe.

One piece of good news regarding movies: Venom 2 is still on track for an October release, and we might get the first teaser trailer this week:cool:

We're on lockdown, like pretty much everyone else. People are only supposed to go out for essential shopping, like food or medicine. They're also allowed one period of outside exercise per day, but it must be either alone or with a family member. We've had just south of 2000 confirmed cases, with 60 dead. But the actual number of Scots who have been infected with the virus is thought to be in the tens of thousands. It's just that most of them are so mild they don't require medical attentions.

Thanks, bro. Stay safe.

Well, Arizona just went on an official lockdown a bit earlier today. Only they're calling it "Shelter-in-place" here. But the rules are pretty much the same as yours there in Scotland. It's going to be awful for a whole lot of people as according to the latest estimates we could very well be shut in until the end of May or even mid-June.

Take care, bro.

One piece of good news regarding movies: Venom 2 is still on track for an October release, and we might get the first teaser trailer this week:cool:

I wonder if that's still going to be the case though because from what I understand the ending of MORBIUS ties into VENOM 2. I don't know if it's a significant amount that would necessitate delaying VENOM 2 as well or if it's just a post-credits scene that can be worked around. I suppose we'll find out soon.

My gym wouldn't help me if I couldn't pay. No pay no play basically. Nonetheless I'm still paying, I chose to be the bigger man in this situation.

Talked with a girl who lived in china for two years and she claimed that Chinese girls are in large part bisexual and would just walk up to her and kiss her in clubs. She is super tall and white so maybe they just go crazy for her.

Have not. Will not. My professor has been a friend and I won't bail on him he is gonna take it off at the end of the year anyways but he need to keep the bills paid.

Talked with a girl who lived in china for two years and she claimed that Chinese girls are in large part bisexual and would just walk up to her and kiss her in clubs. She is super tall and white so maybe they just go crazy for her.
i notice people in that part of the world feel they have to act that way when they go to a club but when u ever see them out in the city casually they look super conservative but when they go out they put on a totally different personality it was like that when i went to ireland when i was coaching there as well

Owning a jiu jitsu gym is a tough business to be in... With the relatively high costs and low margins, I think it's important for anyone (who can afford) to maintain their membership active.

I've seen so many great teachers go above and beyond to keep their students happy, whether it's with virtual classes, video breakdowns, community management, etc. I think it's only fair to return the favor so we have a gym to come back to when this is all over!

Cheers,

Still paying for my 2 boys Judo & BJJ clubs. Thankfully no change in my financial status since this has hit, so want to keep supporting their clubs & hobbies. Like others have said, not spending much money anywhere else at the moment.

The more news I’m hearing the more I’m wondering if it’s a waste honestly. I hate to say it, but if this goes on all summer my gym will never reopen. I’m not exactly rolling in cash at the moment, and am not working due to the shutdown, so idk. Not a great time for anyone, but it crossed my mind earlier. I don’t mind a month or two, even three tops, but damn I hope it reopens or I’ll feel a bit screwed

Not to be preachy but...... How we spend our money, especially in times like this, show what we care about surviving.
If I don't buy food from Applebee's or Outback To Go (just examples), the corporations will adjust and still survive. Most of the workers are already laid off or not working so it doesn't benefit them. But if I stop buying food from the mom and pop deli that opened a year ago in my neighborhood, and serves a unique purpose, they will legitimately cease to exist after a few months of significantly less revenue.
Maybe your town has a billion martial arts schools or BJJ academies and losing one or two is just a market adjustment. For some of us, losing our school would mean the only place to train BJJ without leaving town to do it.
thats a good point but if you are not working at all and are relying on government handouts or some type of assistance and literally cant afford gym fees, its more than reasonable to not pay bjj gym fees if it means you can have enough food to feed yourself and the family and pay for home bills. Essentially have enough money for the bare essentials and have none or very little left over for normal spending

Back