Economy Social Security to become unable to pay full benefits sooner than previously estimated

The $137K cap on income where they pull social security money out of needs to go.

We could solve this problem with a glock and few pallets of 9mm. The boomers have fucked the earth and all the future generations. I wouldn’t lose any sleep if we got rid of that selfish narcissistic bunch of assholes
A wise man once said: "Violence/Genocide: Do not condone violence or genocide on a person or group of people. You are free to attack a person or groups ideas but you are crossing the line when calling for violence."

Yet they will still fucking pay pensions for government employees. Fucking despicable

Government employees pay into their own retirement plan.
For them it's called a Thrift Savings Plan (TSP). It's much like a 401k plan that's available with most companies.

So "they" aren't just paying the employees pension. The employee funds the account.

The employee has a percentage of each paycheck deducted and put into their TSP.

As I said....its no different than the 401k you have.

That’s kinda awful. I said raise the age you said let em die

I did. I know of people who have been retired since age 50 complain on people on welfare yet have drawn social benefits longer than they've paid into em. They receive open heart surgery at age 90 so they can continue sitting in a chair all day. How or why should that be sustainable?

And the government and pentagon is aware of what I'm speaking onhttps://theintercept.com/2020/06/05...ntercept&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Both the September 11 terrorist attacks and the Great Recession greatly influenced the attitudes of this generation in the United states, and resulted in a feeling of unsettlement and insecurity among Gen Z. Although Millennials experienced these events during their coming of age, Gen Z lived through them as part of their childhood, affecting their realism and world view … many found themselves stuck with excessive college debt when they discovered employment options did not meet their expectations. Gen Z are often described as seeking independence and opportunity but are also among the least likely to believe there is such a thing as the “American Dream,” and that the “system is rigged” against them. Frequently seeing themselves as agents for social change, they crave fulfillment and excitement in their job to help “move the world forward.” Despite the technological proficiency they possess, Gen Z actually prefer person-to-person contact as opposed to online interaction. They describe themselves as being involved in their virtual and physical communities, and as having rejected excessive consumerism.

In early 2025, a cadre of these disaffected Zoomers launch a protest movement. Beginning in “parks, rallies, protests, and coffee shops” — first in Seattle; then New York City; Washington, D.C.; Los Angeles; Las Vegas; and Austin — a group known as Zbellion begins a “global cyber campaign to expose injustice and corruption and to support causes it deem beneficial.”

For them it's called a Thrift Savings Plan (TSP). It's much like a 401k plan that's available with most companies.

So "they" aren't just paying the employees pension. The employee funds the account.

And dues and such help to contribute to pay for money manager firms of accounts that keep pensions invested in the markets.

And ate a lot less avocado toast. But anyway, I hate to sound like a heater but it just irks that these types have had their fun and siphoned off bucketloads of wealth and yet still insist on holding onto the wheels of power to everyone else’s detriment. Hoarding wealth. Hoarding real estate. Hanging on for dear life to jobs that should be going to people who are younger, more virile, and looking to move into the stage in their lives marked by financial independence and family formation.
Sounds like you're just weak and watched logan's run too many times

For the record, if you can only retire by relying on SS, you haven't done the right financial planning.
And all that are up in arms better not be Democrat, with these incredible spending budgets that create National debt, and even with a 3.6t tax increase, is still in the red after 10 years.

We could solve this problem with a glock and few pallets of 9mm. The boomers have fucked the earth and all the future generations. I wouldn’t lose any sleep if we got rid of that selfish narcissistic bunch of assholes
Fuck you. Most of us have parents in that group.

Um… this is so categorically wrong I don’t know where to start. A 401k is your fucking money combined with any employer match that you put in and any growth you make based on your mutual fund selections. There is no fucking commitment or guarantee for a % of your wage at a certain retirement age. A 401k is nothing like a government pension in any way as their is no fucking guarantee and you only get out what you have in. This is one of the reasons that nearly every government pensions is underfunded and bankrupting cities and states. You can use this thing called Google and see that the average person has very little in their 401k at retirement while cops and firefighters in CA somehow have pensions worth $6M at their retirement age in their 50s.

Again, I’m taking CA and know other states aren’t this bad.

Scroll through this for a few hours and look how much their pension benefits are per year and this doesn’t stop at retirement and it’s not paid by employee

https://transparentcalifornia.com/salaries/search/?q=Firefighter

This isn’t the 1970s, we’ve scaled back government employees very much. The contempt for government employees isn’t warranted, unless you’re talking a specific state or something. I know you’re in Cali which may be different.

There are school teachers who retire in their 50’s and collect generous pensions forever after that.
Imagine this: living long enough that your pension years actually exceed your working years.

Greece went broke by having their own nationalized version of social security that allowed people to retire in their 50’s and collect a generous ss check for their long retirements.
And that healthy longevity oriented Mediterranean diet probably made for a lot of octogenarians and even nonagenarians.

It’s not always what you think….. I work a 24 hour shift and MOST nights I’m up a lot. For example last shift I ran 7 calls after midnight. That’s basically a call an hour and assume (if all are typical medical) it’s a minimum of 30 minutes per call. If it’s a fire it’s 2-4 hours including restoring the rig back to response ready. I’m not even at a super busy station (approx 2400 calls a year)

Guys make it sound like we are tucked in sleeping like babies all night but it’s just not true. Then I get home after my maybe 1 hour of sleep and I spend my day off sleeping.

Fire and PD are selfless jobs that require you to drop everything at the sound of a bell and go help a stranger that needs you. Regardless if it’s saving a baby in burning building or cutting an entrapped person from a crashed car, or helping a old lady get up off the floor when she fell on her way to the bathroom at 4am
Are you in CA? My cops and firefighter friends get paid to work out as well. Nobody is denying that firefighters make calls and get up in the middle of the night during their 24 hour shifts. If you are in CA would you dispute that landing a job as a white or Asian male is nearly impossible as of 15 years ago and that more people want to be a firefighter than any profession in the entire state? That is why they have their open roles at convention centers and 100,000s of studs compete for each available role every year.

Um… this is so categorically wrong I don’t know where to start. A 401k is your fucking money combined with any employer match that you put in and any growth you make based on your mutual fund selections. There is no fucking commitment or guarantee for a % of your wage at a certain retirement age. A 401k is nothing like a government pension in any way as their is no fucking guarantee and you only get out what you have in. This is one of the reasons that nearly every government pensions is underfunded and bankrupting cities and states. You can use this thing called Google and see that the average person has very little in their 401k at retirement while cops and firefighters in CA somehow have pensions worth $6M at their retirement age in their 50s.

Again, I’m taking CA and know other states aren’t this bad.

Federal employees have a Thrift Savings Plan.
They contribute an amount they choose and a portion of that amount is matched.

Described in your words it would be.....a TSP is your fucking money combined with an employer match.

Noting categorically wrong about that.
It's a fact.

But the way you responded sounded pretty cool and somewhat convincing though.

Perhaps you and I are using "Government employee" differently.
I'm referring to Federal employees.
I believe you are referring to state, county, or city employees.

Federal employee plan:
https://www.tsp.gov/

I'm neither, so I have no dog in the hunt.
I'm not as worked up about what other people make as some seem to be.

I don't need to use the little thing known as Google.
I can check my own 401k balance.

If anyone isn't hitting their own benchmarks they need to increase the percentage of what comes out of their paycheck, change their investments within their plan, or both.

Last edited:
Literally pointed all of this out at the dawn of COVID.

Let it run its course on em. Boomer remover

300px-Francisco_de_Goya%2C_Saturno_devorando_a_su_hijo_%281819-1823%29.jpg

Either let them consume us or we consume them.
In terms of this issue, the only new wealth will be the tech world. Everyone else who is doing well be taxed to death to save social security, Medicare and the deficit. The Boomers had the luxury none of us had. Buy a house with any job and 50 years later have that $75k house in Beverly Hills or Atherton be worth $6M

Federal employees have a Thrift Savings Plan.
They contribute an amount they choose and a portion of that amount is matched.

Described in your words it would be.....a TSP is your fucking money combined with an employer match.

Noting categorically wrong about that.
It's a fact.

But the way you responded sounded pretty cool and somewhat convincing though.

Perhaps you and I are using "Government employee" differently.
I'm referring to Federal employees.
I believe you are referring to state, county, or city emoloyees.

Federal employee plan:
https://www.tsp.gov/

I'm neither, so I have no dog in the hunt.
Every post I’ve referenced cops and firefighters and the transparent California also includes teachers and admins. I wasn’t talking federal employees but I guarantee there are growth assumptions that are guaranteed where 401k growth is not guaranteed. But It’s definitely not like state and local pensions.

I lived in IL for a while and businesses have been leaving for 20 years and residents know tax hikes are on the horizon to solve their pension crisis. Just look at the cost per resident deficit!!!! Per resident!!!! Not per pension recipient.

https://blog.independent.org/wp-con...yee_Pension_Liabilities_Per_Resident_2017.png

The housing crisis, off shoring of jobs, breakup of unions, unlimited quantitative easing, furthering the credit system, patriot act etc. All boomers

The great generation was from the depression, family’s living in the same households, fought wars, ensured paying jobs when they came home to raise a bunch of assholes

This is a perfect illustration of the old adage “hard times create hard men, hard men create soft times, soft times create soft men, soft men create hard times”

The greatest generation gave us the boomers and the boomers have given us hard times

Are you in CA? My cops and firefighter friends get paid to work out as well. Nobody is denying that firefighters make calls and get up in the middle of the night during their 24 hour shifts. If you are in CA would you dispute that landing a job as a white or Asian male is nearly impossible as of 15 years ago and that more people want to be a firefighter than any profession in the entire state? That is why they have their open roles at convention centers and 100,000s of studs compete for each available role every year.

fair enough…. I left California in 2000

Back