Opinion Solution to slavery reparations in America?

Slavery was bad, but ultimately having an enslaved ancestor while living in a first world country today is better than presently living in actual Africa.

Acknowledge the chasm between your life and people that suffered true racism. Be grateful you are born in a country that provides you a better quality of life than 99.9% of human history.
ah yes, widespread poverty, a murderous police force, no community funding to stop rampant gang violence, and blatant prejudice from white people on a daily basis isn’t real racism. kahiljabroni told me so!

Do you think a black slave of the past would daydream of a time 200 years in the future when there was no slavery...no jim crow...a black president....no racist laws.... and imagine black people sitting around belly aching for 100k because he suffered? I highly doubt it. I think a slave of 200 years ago would give anything to trade places and have the comforts and opportunities that every person born in the modern day US has today. To deny those opportunities...to squander them....is to spit in the face of every slave who truly suffered
lmfao you can’t be serious.

black people are desperately pleading for help from white people to pass legislation to get police to stop killing them, pleading for funding to start community outreach programs and invest in black children at the lowest possible level to even equal what white people have and they get nothing. people like you just say “oh well figure it out. at least we’re not spraying you with hoses” and somehow, you’re flabbergasted when someone calls you racist <Lmaoo>

ah yes, widespread poverty, a murderous police force, no community funding to stop rampant gang violence, and blatant prejudice from white people on a daily basis isn’t real racism. kahiljabroni told me so!

lmfao you can’t be serious.

black people are desperately pleading for help from white people to pass legislation to get police to stop killing them, pleading for funding to start community outreach programs and invest in black children at the lowest possible level to even equal what white people have and they get nothing. people like you just say “oh well figure it out. at least we’re not spraying you with hoses” and somehow, you’re flabbergasted when someone calls you racist <Lmaoo>

You truly are brainwashed and for that I feel sorry. Hopefully you're just a pandering white liberal and not a POC who actually buys into this self fulfilling prophecy.

There is a Vikings spinoff TV show in development right now that has the last Pagan King of Norway Haakon Sigurdsson being played by a black women. You can't make this shit up.

fe-933136.jpg

https://www.cinemablend.com/televis...ntures-of-sabrina-walking-dead-stars-and-more
Assassins Creed Valhala has black vikings

images

<{vega}>

You truly are brainwashed and for that I feel sorry. Hopefully you're just a pandering white liberal and not a POC who actually buys into this self fulfilling prophecy.
what’s that thing everyone annoying says around here? oh yeah! concession accepted

There will not be reparations.

you would have to start with at least 250k. But it would not be able to be just a one time payment. Perhaps an equal payment each 5 years until it totals 1 million. However, you would also have to include future generations, as well as past generations. So future generations would get the same benefits and those who did not receive previously and have now passed, their direct relatives should get those funds as well.

One way to help pay for this is to take a large portion from the uber rich. People should cap out at 1 billion, lets say. Everything after that can go to fund reparations

This would go over like a lead balloon.

I’m all for it but that then penalizes all the Americans who’s ancestors had nothing to do with slavery. So if you take those 130 million odd people and the black recipients provide an annual tax payment of $5,000 to refund the innocent taxpayers for the next 20 years then ok. They are still way ahead as 100K up front is worth a lot more.

you would have to start with at least 250k. But it would not be able to be just a one time payment. Perhaps an equal payment each 5 years until it totals 1 million. However, you would also have to include future generations, as well as past generations. So future generations would get the same benefits and those who did not receive previously and have now passed, their direct relatives should get those funds as well.

One way to help pay for this is to take a large portion from the uber rich. People should cap out at 1 billion, lets say. Everything after that can go to fund reparations
You live at home with your parents right?
No one supporting themselves would say such out of touch with reality things

I’m all for it but that then penalizes all the Americans who’s ancestors had nothing to do with slavery. So if you take those 130 million odd people
oh boy have i got news for you

Reparations are needed, but probably not in the sense of giving everyone money. At this point, also handing out reparations to just black people is not the answer.
Reparations are not needed. There is literally nothing holding a black person back in today's American society. In fact they're afforded more opportunities than whites simply for being a "minority."

40 million Blacks in America, give or take.

$100k per person, regardless of associated link to slavery.

4 trillion dollars.

Make another stimulus, why not at this point? You're already 30 trillion in the hole on paper, what's another 4? One time payout, no more continued talk of unequal starting lines and perpetual victimhood (not to say old laws/processes should not be reviewed and amended accordingly if needed).

Question to the Black Americans in here....is $100k acceptable as a proposition here? Where are we at with dollar figures in 2021, cause I feel like people are too afraid to really broach the subject? If I'm way off throw out something more appropriate.

The other bonus to this concept is that ideally most individuals use the majority of this money towards a home, which would put huge financial injections into areas of the economy currently failing (ie home construction). Do you add a clause that says $20k of that amount is held in trust and only usable for home down payment (existing owners exempt of course) to add a safety net and help promote real tangible equity for them?

What say you War Room? Is the problem solvable with a monetary payout? Would it effectively work as a solution to a few of the current problems?

What about black people born in the future? They are also descendants of slavery … where is their 100k?

I'm black so I'm racist for saying dumb blacks will blow their money?

Lol I know plenty of dumb blacks that have gotten similar amounts from accident settlements and ended up broke within a couple of years.

I'm white and I say it's racist.

(Jokes, IDGAF)

40 million Blacks in America, give or take.

$100k per person, regardless of associated link to slavery.

4 trillion dollars.

Make another stimulus, why not at this point? You're already 30 trillion in the hole on paper, what's another 4? One time payout, no more continued talk of unequal starting lines and perpetual victimhood (not to say old laws/processes should not be reviewed and amended accordingly if needed).

Question to the Black Americans in here....is $100k acceptable as a proposition here? Where are we at with dollar figures in 2021, cause I feel like people are too afraid to really broach the subject? If I'm way off throw out something more appropriate.

The other bonus to this concept is that ideally most individuals use the majority of this money towards a home, which would put huge financial injections into areas of the economy currently failing (ie home construction). Do you add a clause that says $20k of that amount is held in trust and only usable for home down payment (existing owners exempt of course) to add a safety net and help promote real tangible equity for them?

What say you War Room? Is the problem solvable with a monetary payout? Would it effectively work as a solution to a few of the current problems?

Well the difference in wealth between the average black family vs white is something like 150k. That is because of generational wealth that white people have to hand down to the next generation. And I think a payment like you mention could help and it would definitely help most if it is spent towards home ownership. I don't think it would solve everything. So I am not sure if spending all that money in just that one place is best. In predominantly black neighborhoods there is poor education and very little opportunity.

It comes down to giving individuals money for hopefully buying homes vs investing in the communities.

There is no problem

But I like your idea. I got so sick of this homeless guy constantly badgering me for money he didn't deserve every fucking day at the gas station. Finally, last week I gave him a $100 bill so he'd go on with his life. I'm sure he won't ask for more.

I would say though I don't mind giving them 10k or free college and hopefully it would help them out and maybe we can heal as a nation already. The race shit is real tiring.

10k more*

Back