Opinion Solution to slavery reparations in America?

As long as all the rich blacks give money to the poor whites. Oh wait, I forgot we are supposed to ignore the 10s of millions of poor and destitute whites and also the millions of filthy rich PoC.

That's racist AF

.... there definitely aren't millions of filthy rich anyone. Especially filthy rich black folks.

There is no problem

But I like your idea. I got so sick of this homeless guy constantly badgering me for money he didn't deserve every fucking day at the gas station. Finally, last week I gave him a $100 bill so he'd go on with his life. I'm sure he won't ask for more.

Wouldn't help. already-successful black Americans would put the money to good use, further separating themselves from the pack and possibly creating a new elite class. Everyone else would probably quickly lose the money to the poor planning and decision-making that inhibits their lifestyles now.
Within a generation, the latter would be talking about how they were set up to fail by conniving whitey and the whole exercise would, at best, be viewed with suspicion and resentment.

And imagine you did really dish out reparations based on colour, regardless of connection to slavery. Chances are, the elite class you'd accidentally be building would predominantly be comprised of Nigerian immigrants. <Lmaoo> You'd end up creating a black-on-black xenophobia problem and justifying the suspicions of people who sympathise with white supremacy.

Talk about cash reparations is like fantasy talk about "if only I could win the lottery" or "if only some rich benefactor would recognise how awesome I am and pay me for existing". Chances are, if you're wishing for it, you're exactly the sort of person who'd waste it.

How did one become a slave exactly, that's where I'd look for reparations.

here's what to do about reparations. Stop affirmative action, make decisions based on character not race and hold individuals accountable for their actions or lack there of. This is for each and every individual to do, not some nebulous big brother or master and will do far more positive for everyone than any amount of free shit...

.... there definitely aren't millions of filthy rich anyone. Especially filthy rich black folks.
There are 19M people in America with $1M or more in wealth. According to the left that is filthy rich…

not surprisingly Blacks I’m the US do better than anywhere on earth and make up 8% of all 7 figure wealthy individuals. That means there are 1.5M filthy rich blacks. I’ll wait for your apology son

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millionaire#

https://www.themillionairechoice.co...in-the-united-states-your-land-of-opportunity

Last edited:
How about we fix the systems in this country that we're put in place deliberately to keep black people poor and marginalized?

What about black people born in the future? They are also descendants of slavery … where is their 100k?
But we only give 90% to the black kids of the super rich. There are only 1,700,000 black millionaires in the US which illustrates racism. The US, the country with the largest rate of black millionaires is apparently not the land of opportunity..

Assassins Creed Valhala has black vikings

images

<{vega}>
Truly, racial equity has been achieved. Valhalla is no longer segregated!

I'm black so I'm racist for saying dumb blacks will blow their money?

Lol I know plenty of dumb blacks that have gotten similar amounts from accident settlements and ended up broke within a couple of years.
Lmao, you remind me of uncle ruckus from the boondocks then

mgid_ao_image_mtv.jpeg

No hard feelings though, i just thought it was funny

Residential home building has been stagnant up in Canada due to the cost of materials (particularly wood). A lot of concrete large apartment structures going up everywhere, but single family homes tapered huge.

Things may be getting back to normal now I haven't been keeping to close lately.

Stagnant? Canada has built over a million residential units in the past 4 years.

Its not stagnant, its that immigration is too high b/c they need places to live.

friedman-liberty.gif

Instead of talking about reparations, the USA should consider abolishing slavery (the federal income tax).

Stagnant? Canada has built over a million residential units in the past 4 years.

Its not stagnant, its that immigration is too high b/c they need places to live.

I'm talking about detached single family dwellings. Are your stats not more in line with apartment complexes and/or condos?

I'm on the east coast and I don't see much in the way of residential homes being built right now (cost of lumber was nearly triple for last 6-8 months). As noted, lots of large scale housing in the form of apartments, but what appears to be a significant drop in single family home construction.

Last edited:
I'm talking about single family dwellings. Are your stats not more in line with apartment complexes and/or condos?

I'm on the east coast and I don't see much in the way of residential homes being built right now (cost of lumber was nearly triple for last 6-8 months). As noted, lots of large scale housing in the form of apartments, but what appears to be a significant drop in single family home construction.

CBC talked about this on the weekend with regard to the election, and they said "units' so I assume houses and apartments, condos all combined.

CBC talked about this on the weekend with regard to the election, and they said "units' so I assume houses and apartments, condos all combined.
Yeah, I'd be really curious to see specific data on single family homes.....because as noted, material costs literally tripled for a good chunk of the past year. So you had slowdown in building as a result of this and other pandemic related problems, then you have people from across the country wanting to move here due to low COVID numbers, better retirement location, money goes further etc. This drove up the market prices tremendously as well.

My observations are anecdotal to be sure.

Give a majority of African Americans government benefits for 50 years, and create racist in there favor “affirmative action” programs over the same 50 years that give them advantages in college admissions and employment opportunities. After the 50 years end that as reparations have been paid.

You are welcome.

The discussion as to who would get reparations is messy when you consider that most Latinos, who are a larger percentage of the US population than blacks, are technically eligible based on being of either African and/or American Indian descent. And by American Indian I’m not talking bout Mexicans. I’m talking about Mexican Americans who have indigenous roots in what’s now the American west/southwest (California, Oregon, Washington, New Mexico, Arizona, etc).

This is not as straight forward a subject as the ADOS crowd would want us to think.

History is messy. Not to mention that not all white Americans are if the slave owning type. Specifically, Irish-Americans didn’t really own much if any slaves. And Ireland itself didn’t have a hand in colonialism. I’m fact: it was under the thumb of the British empire for a long time. They were victims as opposed to victimizers.

I don’t even know how you would even begin to fairly distribute the burden of reparations across the American populace. Don’t see how this could be passed into law much less work in the real world

Back