Somewhat of a conjugate log

easy day before for game of the season tommorow

alternating one legged hops + hurdle hops for 6 sets of 5-6

tempo runs 200mx2x5

clapping pushups 5 sets of 3

First game was fairly good for me played shortstop. We were down 4-0 in the 6th they brought in a new pitcher and I drilled the first pitch fastball off the wall for a double and we never looked back. Ended up blowing them out. Made same great plays at short.

The bad news is now I have plantar fasciatis from hitting first base wrong trying to run out a ball.

We will see how it feels for lower body workouts I might have to take it easy though.

I kept playing on it anyways the whole game. Learned I haven’t replaced my cleats soles in 2 years so it was like playing barefoot which is pretty dumb.

turns it isnt plantar fasciitis or a fracture its just a bad heel bruise.....ill be on the shelf for a few weeks while it heals. Going to attempt to still squat and deadlift though according to pain level. Conditioning will be out the window unless im able to do some barbell complexes. Running of any fashion is out for 4 weeks though.

bench 235x7, 225x5x2

pin press 170x5,160x5x2

BB curls RP 65x20,3,2

im literally walking around like captain ahab with a boot all I need is an eye patch....going to squat tommorow in some fashion

im going to give this semi greyskull another reset and try to eek out at least a little more strength then I might switch it up to more of conjugate style for upper just for a change of pace.....being a baseball player upper body hypertrophy work is really not that important but it will probably be funner at some point

ME lower

p snatch 150x 10 singles on 45 seconds

front squat
easy RIR 1@ 320 was likely good for 340 but was taking it easy on the ankle

255x5x3 80% back offs

RDL
345x5x3

extensive medball slams into the floor

chest pass, rotational slams, overhead slamsx10 reps each x10 sets) 10 seconds in between sets 1 minute between rounds

going to have to rely on this for conditioning while my foot heals

DE lower

squat 80% 350x2x6 (snappy)

power clean and press 205x8 reps, on 45 seconds rest, since im adding the press im going to up the rest periods to 90sec, 75,60 because I was drenched in sweat after doing this

deadlift 80% 440x2x3

I dont know how long this heel bruise is going to take to heal but its pissing me off

Me lower

p snatch
150x 10 singles on 30seconds

pin squat
350x3x2

rack pull below knee
Did single @480, 520 then 3 @1RIR at 540

I don’t have enough room on the bar for more plates passed 620 so I’ll probably just work up to 3-5s when I do rack pulls

DE lower

power clean and push press 210x 10 singles on 90second rest

squat 85% 375x2x4

deadlift 465x2x2 then worked up to a quick single at 495

threw about 60 pitches before all of this just to to keep the feel and it felt great

squats moved like paper so I think ill be at 500 by years end on high bar squat

if the independent league team plays next year im thinking of putting deadlift on maintenance and really pushing clean and push press more times per week

ME lower

pin squat 2 count

up to 410x1(9.5 RPE) back offs 330x5x3

p snatch
10 singles at 155 on 60 seconds rest

deficit deadlift (80%)
405x3x3

my work capacity is terrible from not getting to do tempo runs....the extensive throws are somewhat keeping it in check though

Last edited:
Back