Crime Son Baptized Father to rid of Demons leads to Homicide

Rhood

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
jack-callahan.jpg

A Massachusetts man killed his father while “baptizing” him in a pond, in an attempt to exorcise his alcoholic dad’s demons, prosecutors said Tuesday.

The 19-year-old allegedly told cops he was exorcising a demon named “Dirty Dan” and gave his dad a choice to go to heaven with him or hell as they were both in the pond, the newspaper reported.
“I believe he chose hell,” Callahan allegedly told cops.

The younger Callahan, who was in wet clothes, told his mother, Wendy, he didn’t know where her ex-husband was despite riding in an Uber together with his father from Boston to Duxbury, the Boston Globe reported.

Jack Callahan initially claimed he blacked out when his father hit him several times at Crooker Memorial Park, where police said Scott Callahan’s body was found in Island Creek Pond.
He was later pronounced dead at a hospital and a prosecutor said an autopsy found water in his lungs and an abrasion to the back of his head, the Globe reported.

“He believed he was baptizing his father,” Plymouth County District Attorney Shanan Buckingham said in court Tuesday. “He was holding his father in the pond on his back like a baby and that he continually dunked his head under the water about four to eight times.”

When Jack Callahan began to choke and started fighting back, his son allegedly hit him and pushed “his head back down” into the water, Buckingham said.
“He did so until his father was floating and no longer struggling,” the prosecutor said.
Jack Callahan pleaded not guilty to murder at his arraignment in Plymouth District Court. He was ordered held without bail.
https://www.bostonglobe.com/2021/06...his-father-duxbury-due-court-tuesday-morning/

Right while "The Devil Made Me Do It" is hot.

RIP kid's dad. RIP kid's life in the Looney bin.

DRAINAGE ELI! You boy!
Fucking legendary flick. You don't see prime actors and prime directors hook up like that too frequently.

Dano was also incredible, really kicked off his career.

That's not how you get rid of demons. Everyone knows you use holy water....

Fucking legendary flick. You don't see prime actors and prime directors hook up like that too frequently.

Dano was also incredible, really kicked off his career.
One of the best movies of the 21st century, imo.

You've even got Jonny Greenwood doing the soundtrack.

NMOe.gif

You can tell he's retarded by the way he's wearing his mask.

It's no wonder we have so many anti-mask fanatics when people can't even handle the complexity of properly wearing one.

This is a prime example IMO of why I am not a fan of so many addiction recovery programs being covered in fucking religious shit.
Because an insane person would do an insane thing that nowhere in the Bible does it say to do?

I know what next year's Conjuring film will be.

Op, you could have at least posted the pic of the dad for context:

AR-AL191_Posses_M_20151027175110.jpg

Back